OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Rising Tide DLC's release date is April 18th, while the Final Fantasy XVI x XIV crossover event is simply in early April and the XVI x Brave Exvius event will also be in April.

Apparently we're getting a new mode called Kairos Gates, which is a 20 stage Survival mode essentially where you can post your scores on a leaderboard, wherein if it's played on Final Fantasy difficulty and you make it through with all S ranks...you unlock a new stage with an "Insane boss character". They refused to elaborate any further than to say that this boss should look good for people streaming the game.

Wonder who the super boss is going to be? Probably someone from Final Fantasy XIV if I had to guess, assuming that it's not just Gilgamesh which I suppose it could be (though he was literally JUST in FFVII Rebirth so maybe not)? 🤷‍♂️

El Hermano

Acclaimed
image.png

JUST CONCEDE ALREADY YOU BASTARD
The fact that you think of submission as an option makes you the real loser

:catbuff

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You never knew about that game from Platinum? Even I own Devastation on my PS4 and Im not even much of a Transformers fan

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Thinking about Tifa in ff7 is hilarious to me. Cause she's one of the worst characters in the og game because both her limits and especially her ultimate weapon sucks ass. Meanwhile she was the best character in ff7 remake provided you know how to use her . Straight up would be the absolute worst in ff7 if Vincent (without overflow or other bullshit) didn't exist :mjlol.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Thinking about Tifa in ff7 is hilarious to me. Cause she's one of the worst characters in the og game because both her limits and especially her ultimate weapon sucks ass. Meanwhile she was the best character in ff7 remake provided you know how to use her . Straight up would be the absolute worst in ff7 if Vincent (without overflow or other bullshit) didn't exist :mjlol.
It's kinda funny too because I was watching a video on the FFVII speedrun and THERE Tifa is THE main damage dealer because of one of her earlier Weapons and Death Sentence and shit like that. :maybe

Kinda reminds me of XIII actually where casually at least, Fang and Hope are just better Snow and Sazh but the latter two are far better for the speedrun. :mjpls

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
It's kinda funny too because I was watching a video on the FFVII speedrun and THERE Tifa is THE main damage dealer because of one of her earlier Weapons and Death Sentence and shit like that. :maybe

Kinda reminds me of XIII actually where casually at least, Fang and Hope are just better Snow and Sazh but the latter two are far better for the speedrun. :mjpls
Using powersoul right? Exploiting that with deathblow/deathsentence or whatever is basically the only real good thing she has :mjlol .

At first you think it's cool that she has a chain limit that can hit multiple times then you realize it takes two limits to get the same amount of damage that Cloud's braver can do. And she'll only ever be able to hit people 7 times when Cloud's Omnislash, Barret's Angermax/Catastrophe, Yuffie's doom of the living and Cid's highwind exists :jordangif.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Capcom really doing a speedrun on how quickly they can lose all the good will they managed to win back these past few years

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Using powersoul right? Exploiting that with deathblow/deathsentence or whatever is basically the only real good thing she has :mjlol .
That's the one. :maybe
At first you think it's cool that she has a chain limit that can hit multiple times then you realize it takes two limits to get the same amount of damage that Cloud's braver can do. And she'll only ever be able to hit people 7 times when Cloud's Omnislash, Barret's Angermax/Catastrophe, Yuffie's doom of the living and Cid's highwind exists :jordangif.
Kinda like Lulu's Fury in a way, in that it does multiple hits but they are nerfed versions of the spells she would normally cast and every other character's multi-hit Overdrives are far better, never mind that magic isn't all that good by end-game and certainly not post-game. :kobeha

At first you think it's cool that she has a chain limit that can hit multiple times then you realize it takes two limits to get the same amount of damage that Cloud's braver can do. And she'll only ever be able to hit people 7 times when Cloud's Omnislash, Barret's Angermax/Catastrophe, Yuffie's doom of the living and Cid's highwind exists

It's honestly hilarious how they basically went overboard with the multi-hit Limit Breaks to the point they gave no real incentive to the characters or even incentive to their later Limit Breaks for some characters.

There's no need to ever use Cosmo Memory or All Creation because Doom of the Living and Stardust Ray exists(and Yuffie's Conformer is so broken, it's not like the half damage deal would screw her over).

Really shows they did not even think of how broken Multi-hits are till like Final Fantasy IX and X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back