OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
1713104780191.png

@Atem @NostalgiaFan Nah, I would still say it fucked it all up by completely forgetting why the entire philosophical message of Fallout exists.
Hence 50% not 100%. I still say they can redeem the setting by just having it be an alternate timeline same way they retcon the mother ship Zeta DLC for 3 that tried to say the Aliens did it instead of Humans being themselves.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Current status of chapter thirty for Apotheosis. Only added a little bit more. Brainstorming a few things for the fight.

Changed the song to better fit into the themes of this chapter.

Chapter 30: Apotheosis

"Sanguinius. It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to carry us to victory, and the wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father within us, whether it is his hunger for battle, his psychic talent or his determination to succeed. Sanguinius holds it all. It should have been his..."

- Horus Lupercal

The Godhand was no more. I had seen to it. This world, this Earth, which I had grown to love as my own, and which I would christen as Holy Terra? This universe would know of peace. This crystal sphere? The plane I had won by conquest. There was only one stitching in my soul that had persisted throughout it all, but it would not last. It would come undone, and it would come undone because I was not satisfied with this.

The Heart of Darkness had to answer for every crime. What it had done to every person on this planet. The Sword of Damocles was hungry for retribution, it was starving for justice, and it would collect on that life. Just as it had collected on the lives of every monster. I would not be denied, and I would meet the Abyss. I would become the bane of every demon lord. The Hero of Many Faces. Then I would return, but not as myself.

No, I would be The God Emperor of Mankind.

This I had woven. The choices I had made would be what led to my damnation, but there was a chance. It was with that grievous miracle. I would leave my Golden Throne, and I would save all of them. The Imperium of Man was not lost. The road I would need to tread had revealed itself, and at the end of it? There was a home. A house I could call my own. There were people I loved who were still waiting for The Crow, The Knight Commander, and The Emperor!

They were waiting for Arlan Vorlesh, and I would be there to greet those children who meant everything to me. Whether I had to face a dozen demon lords! A hundred of them! A thousand of them! The Abyss could throw every obstacle it had at my doorstep. There was nothing that could stop the anathema. What I had become? It would lead to transience. The ephemeral would overthrow the ethereal.

This world would not be the same. It will not be eternal. That stasis which had entrapped it? It will be no more, and it will be no more because that is what I have chosen!

In the grim darkness of the far future?

There was only hope.

<<X>>​

Leman Russ had been searching for it. That which he lost. Which he had relinquished. An heirloom of the past. When he was not lost in The Warp. He had embedded it into Yggdrasil, or whatever amounted to it in this realm. The Tree of Life, and many other names besides that one. The weapon had stood by him whenever he was alone. It was family. That blade had never failed him, and whenever he was in need of it?

The sword would make itself known.

It had a name, and it was Grunbeld. There was stories that had not always been the case, and that it had another name. Only Leman Russ could say for certain. The blade had divulged all things to the primarch. The Lord of Wolves was the person that had won the loyalty of it, and from that came a bounty of knowledge. Who his father had been. When war had not consumed the galaxy as it had. The stories were hard to believe, but if there was any truth to these tales? These myths that had been shrouded in mystery and hearsay?

Dragon Slayer would be salvation.

The wound had to be unmade, and it could only be unmade, if history was rewritten. The power to do this did not exist in The Imperium of Man. It did exist in this relic.

There was only one problem.

"It is a pleasure, brother." Angronius of Nuceria, the Daemon Prince, had been given a task. This great sword had to be concealed. It could not be found again. "The Lord of Wolves has come to my lovely abode."

Yggdrasil had been desecrated. The Tree of Life made to be a monument to death. It had been decorated with the corpses of countless valkyries. These sisters of battle who stood watch over it, if only for the sake of their duty. Who had been impaled on many of the branches. They fought bravely against The Lord of the Red Sands, but it was for naught. Angron was the epitome of what it meant to embody violence. He had inherited that. It was the only thing I had ever given him, and there was no escape from the mortification I felt now.

It was all poison. That which I had bequeathed to my children? There was always a price for it. This blood was no gift, and through it they had known parts of my soul. The Warp played no part in it. These were the flaws of a mortality that was unfiltered. They had to endure all that I was. Both good and bad. Both love and fury.

The grievous miracle did not come without any consequence.

The Red Thirst, and The Black Rage. The Flaw. Sanguinius was not the only one who had to live with that insatiable compulsion. However, when The Brightest One had won against it? The Red Angel reveled in the act of lascivious barbarity. It was a comfort. When all things had been taken from him? War had come to claim him, and in the same way it had claimed Arlan Vorlesh. The Immaterium despoiled this holy land, and only for what one could claim was dreadful truculence.

This is what I was. This is what I could have been. This is what I deny now.

"Do you have anything to say? Anything at all, or will you die a mute?" The Red Angel would not hesitate. Not even against any of his siblings. "If silence is to be the last thing on your lips--"

"Only this, Angron." Leman Russ wears a condescending grin. Those fangs of his glistening, in this sacred realm which had been painted red, and left violated by the corruption of The Warp. "Do well to remember it." As if in response to this declaration? This plane began to convulse. There was a storm in the distance. The rain would wash away all of the blood.

It would purify this sin.

"I am the wind."

<<X>>​

The Heart of Darkness was born when murder was conceived. There was a brother, he held an envy, and that envy grew. He saw the love that he was denied. Envy would become hatred, and from that hatred? There came an idea. This idea would become an ambition of sorts, and from that ambition there came tragedy. The demise of the favored son, and the birth of malice.

This palpitation drew The Idea of Evil. The beat of this heart in everyone. There was no mortal who did not know of it, or who could escape it. The intimacy of this matrimony of sacrilege. This act of fratricide had become a contract. The price was not only his soul, but the soul of everyone like him. Those who had his blood. Which would be pumped in and out of every heart. Those children would prosper, and they would have children of their own. The heart would grow with every life, and those lives would nourish it. Until there was not a person on this Earth, that did not feel it, this beat.

This rhythm of frenzy.

The problem lied in the womb. That place from whence it came. Conception had led to divergence. Duality had been born. The destruction of the other? It had to be followed by the destruction of self. This was the balance.

The Heart of Darkness had to devour itself, in a way not unlike Ouroboros, and that was part of this purpose it had. It would eventually die, and all things would die with it. The covenant would be complete, this compact brought to a close, and renewal would come afterwards. There would be another Earth, and the people would call to it. This was the stability.

How many turns of the wheel had it been? The Idea of Evil had lost count. This link in the chain would be one of many, and the memories it had would begin to fade. Only purpose had the capacity to endure. Whether it was as a scapegoat, or as an excuse? The people always had need of it. It was easier than acknowledgment. Their guilt was a foe they could not understand, and did not want to even permit. This was the dependence.

These three things are what it served. It did not serve anything else. It could not serve anything else. It was like a machine, and it could not deviate. This was a program, and one that had been executed already. Which is why it had been disappointed by the conqueror. It had desired exquisite defeat, but the conqueror did not meet that expectation.

I did.

The Knight Commander of the Sixth Crusade. Arlan Vorlesh. That which bore the conqueror. Who would become a wandering specter entrapped in battle-scarred armor, and eventually return to the progenitor. The anathema. The Idea of Evil had found it. The death it had been seeking, and war which had clouded my vision. I was absolutely perfect.

I would be the executioner, and the absence of love would prevent any more interruptions. The wheel would turn. There would be no hesitation. It was war that would save it.

"No." I murmur. "It is not war."

It would be love.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Man I remember how I was hoping Rey in the Sequel trilogy would at least lose something on her body to go along with the theme of SW protags getting body parts chopped off only for them to treat her in the most boringly safe way possible because "muh stronk female character" so seeing this series here just have their Female Protag get easily taken down and have her finger chopped off is a real good shock in this post modern woke slop era.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Who care. I’ll take anything if it means Himewari gets involved in the plot.

Always thought she’d make a more interesting protagonist that literal Naruto 2.0

Uh, last time I checked, it takes Bijuu a decade to incarnate again and they explicitly do not incarnate inside someone else...

EDIT: And from what I got from it, Kurama used his SOUL to fuel Baryon Mode, meaning he shouldn't be able to reincarnate as his SOUL is fucking gone! If we are going with that not stopping the chakra constituting into a new Nine Tailed Fox, then that raises so many goddamned questions about not just the Tailed Beasts, but the Jyubi and Kaguya especially since that's ultimately a part of her chakra overall...

Last edited:

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Uh, last time I checked, it takes Bijuu a decade to incarnate again and they explicitly do not incarnate inside someone else...

EDIT: And from what I got from it, Kurama used his SOUL to fuel Baryon Mode, meaning he shouldn't be able to reincarnate as his SOUL is fucking gone! If we are going with that not stopping the chakra constituting into a new Nine Tailed Fox, then that raises so many goddamned questions about not just the Tailed Beasts, but the Jyubi and Kaguya especially since that's ultimately a part of her chakra overall...
well technically 3 years remember 3rd water kage died and his bijuu reincarnated during shippuden.

:eksip Same when they put the Biju inside Rin and just less than a decade they put it on the water kage. Just timeline is pretty dumb but biju incarnating is less than 5 year.

The stupid part is Naruto not being dead, if Bijuu can escape their host by sacrificing their soul without killing their host wouldn't all the bijuu just sacrifice their soul every time and incarnate 3~5 years later.

Back