• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Santino over R-Truth? HELL NO!

I mean Santino got a few laughs but a lot of his shit was also pretty fucking cringe too. It also only really worked when Santino was a heel whereas R-Truth is funny as both a Babyface and a Heel.

Goldust is also too low.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
YOU-THERE-HIGHER-MAMMAL-HAVE-YOU-SEEN-THIS-MAN.png

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/lord-of-the-rings-movie-2026-release-warner-bros-1235997102/
First of all, why?

Second of all, this was already a fan-movie (that was very explicity not-for-profit).
Even from Jackson I doubt it will be any good in this modern day trash heap of an era we live in for fictional media. He already failed to make the Hobbit anywhere near the standard of the LOTR trilogy. I doubt he can stop the executives from messing up this or even making his own damn mistakes along the way.

Well makes sense, besides Covid closing theaters for a while, there just is not much worth seeing at all in this day and age because almost all big budget films are trash.
Yeah the relative lack of originality and creativity outside of the deluge of sequels and reboots we get from the Hollywood factory is an alarming cause for concern for the quality of their films dropping like an anvil.

And who could have suspected the summer of strike we had witnessed and observed from Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists before our eyes would also be another catalyst contributing to the Hollywood's slow and painful erosion and downfall in today's age?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Even from Jackson I doubt it will be any good in this modern day trash heap of an era we live in for fictional media. He already failed to make the Hobbit anywhere near the standard of the LOTR trilogy. I doubt he can stop the executives from messing up this or even making his own damn mistakes along the way.
Sadly I will have to agree (he didn't direct Mortal Engines, but he produced it, and that failed as both a film and an adaption). It's one thing to see movie studios and conglomerates making stuff like this, but seeing creatives go down that path (and creatives who've shown genuine talent and passion in the past) is sad.

Makes sense. Movies have been largely shit since 2020, the current trend of releasing movies on streaming at the same time as release since Covid, and to a lesser extent a lot of Americans are sick of most celebrities these days
Yeah celebrities... how many times can one stand or sit in front of your telly to hear something dramatic, anecdotal, or cringe about the most painfully normie celebs in the Hollywood or American entertainment industry every day of the week on fucking ET or TMZ?

Frankly it's just boring the shit out of me.
Since 2020, I’ve been to the theaters a grand total of 3 times: Just now to watch Gundam Seed Freedom and for Top Gun: Maverick, and Equalizer 3

Before that, I was a regular movie goer
In 2020, I went to see Ip Man 4, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, and the anime film Birthday Wonderland at my theater right before the COVID lockdowns:

This year was the first time I actually bothered to return to the theater after the lockdowns and the pandemic was well beyond over and done with and I saw a grand total of four movies before its closing: Madame Webb, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, Fall Guy, and Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire.

So that's literally 7 movies I watched at my theater this decade up until its state of death.

Yep same, I went all the way from I think Star Wars Phantom Menace or the first Matrix movie in '99 all the way to a Kaiju film there.

Last edited:
@Astaro Also theater chains all across the United States are already dying at an unprecedented rate and at a record pace not seen before 2020...

To put this into perspective: There were 7,000 theaters all across America in the year 2000.

In 2020, that number went down to 5,800.

In 2023 alone, that number decreased even further to just the lower end of the 2,000's range.

Who knows what the number will be by the end of this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back