• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
GNACUpSWoAIBImt

The Prequels also have the distinct advantage of the fact, that the story they're telling is actually a good one. Yes the execution of it (in particular the romance) wasn't the best but at least shit by and large makes sense unlike the sequels.

But yeah this shit just keeps happening with all these franchises. Like it becoming a lot harder to shit on the Hobbit films when the Rings of Power exists. :mjpls

What's extremely funny about shit like that is dudes legit believing the "Sequels will have their day" when dudes was trying that as soon as the Sequels was FINISHED! Hell, even before that with The Last Jedi and trying to make Sequelmemes on Reddit before it petered out because surprise, the Sequels was just cringe, not funny.

When Platinum did The Rise of Skywalker stream, I felt like I was gonna die because it was so fucking BORING, SHIT and out and out STUPID. Anakin's line about hating sand is ridiculous because of how it's stated even though it is an unironic line because of all of the bad shit that has happened to him living on Tantooine, you cannot say that about Kylo Ren wanting the past to die when the dude worships Darth Vader and looked toward the past for most of his life and still did in TLJ.
I couldn't find any funny lines in any of the Sequel Movies because they are all either extremely stupid("They Fly Now?!" Never show these guys Jetpack Troopers that existed since... forever), contrived as shit(Palpatine's return... is in a FORTNITE EVENT! as otherwise, you get NOTHING in the movie itself) or just taints it completely(Rey christening herself as a Skywalker).

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
What's extremely funny about shit like that is dudes legit believing the "Sequels will have their day" when dudes was trying that as soon as the Sequels was FINISHED! Hell, even before that with The Last Jedi and trying to make Sequelmemes on Reddit before it petered out because surprise, the Sequels was just cringe, not funny.

When Platinum did The Rise of Skywalker stream, I felt like I was gonna die because it was so fucking BORING, SHIT and out and out STUPID. Anakin's line about hating sand is ridiculous because of how it's stated even though it is an unironic line because of all of the bad shit that has happened to him living on Tantooine, you cannot say that about Kylo Ren wanting the past to die when the dude worships Darth Vader and looked toward the past for most of his life and still did in TLJ.
I couldn't find any funny lines in any of the Sequel Movies because they are all either extremely stupid("They Fly Now?!" Never show these guys Jetpack Troopers that existed since... forever), contrived as shit(Palpatine's return... is in a FORTNITE EVENT! as otherwise, you get NOTHING in the movie itself) or just taints it completely(Rey christening herself as a Skywalker).
Yeah that's the worst of it, they aren't even a FUN kind of BAD movie, they're just fucking BORING on top of being terrible.

Meanwhile the Prequels (on top of having genuinely entertaining moments) also have goofy shit we could meme like "hello there", Obi Wan telling a drug dealer to home and rethink his life, Palpatine going fucking ham the second he didn't have to keep up the front anymore.

Like Dungeons and Dragons/Snow White and the Hunstman are terrible fucking movies but at least it's entertaining to watch Jeremy Irons and Charlize Theron go full cartoon villains. :maybe

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

The big problem with the Sequels is that they failed to get with a younger audience like the Prequels and that alone is what's going to screw them over of ever being loved like the Prequels were.

The big problem with the Sequels is that they failed to get with a younger audience like the Prequels and that alone is what's going to screw them over of ever being loved like the Prequels were.

I mean, when you constantly focus on the worst shit of Star Wars with an unlikeable as fuck cast, why would kids ever want to care about anyone or anything in the Sequels?
I have seen throughout the entirety of the toy line of the Sequels, that shit was barely sold at all. There's a reason why Disney keeps bringing in shit from the OT and PT because no one likes the ST.

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
Saitama don’t belong there.

Between Alien X and Goku, I think Goku’s got a solid advantage over him at this point.

And as usual, depends on which version of Superman we’re talking. Pre-Crisis Supes still probably has enough Looney Toons level BS to win even though I personally think this fight is now close with current Goku.

Post-Crisis and New 52 would lose to any version of Goku after acquiring God Ki, and current Supes now solidly beats Goku with his recent feat of taking out the World Forger and confirmation from the author that yes, Supes literally obliterated an entire multiverse with a punch when he did
Why people think that Saitama is that strong?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Why people think that Saitama is that strong?
1 side arguing he’s got Toon Force because he’s a parody / gag of overpowered main characters (probably why he got paired with a real Toon Force character like Popeye on DB to see how much this held up) and another side arguing that since Saitama broke his limits, he’s as strong as he needs to be.

Both arguments fall apart when you see even now, Saitama’s feats still utterly pale to Goku, Alien X, and most versions of Supes

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member

The plot thickens it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back