• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I heard he finally got his Bright punch moment that he has been asking for after 20 years. So at least that's one good thing in the movie's favor. :mjlol
I'm not sure about the Bright punch moment but sure as hell the fucking Love plot is fucking dumb.

Also the better punch moment is probably lunamaria slapping the shit Out of Shinn.

:eksip

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I mean the only thing I'd complain about with regards to Cell is that he basically caused his own downfall by sheer stupidity.

I get that it's supposed to be the Saiyan Cells that went into making him causing him to make the same mistake as Vegeta but it's still not a good look for your villain to basically hand the main cast the win.

At least Frieza couldn't have known what would happen, Cell was explicitly warned. :kobeha
Freeza was warned about the Super Saiyan by Vegeta though

Especially when he himself had a bad feeling about it, even before Goku arrived on Namek

main-qimg-ffa7e92fd9d4246c485106d05dadfe6d

@TrueG 37

I legit cannot understand how these types of people can breathe without blaming everyone else but themselves for misunderstand why they need close their wallet before putting it into their pants pocket. It's literally the same shit from that horrible video I tried to watch about MHA from the extremely obvious Leftist perspective that shows that people these days just do not fucking read anymore and just implant shit in the author never once aimed for:

People are "mad" because they didn't want yet another cliched "the villain tragically dies right after being redeemed and helping save the protagonist from the greater evil" ending*. Particularly since MHA is (badly) trying to tackle questions like "systemic injustice" and how a whole lot of people wind up as criminals because of circumstances rather than "because their "defective morals" make them yearn for the chance to harm Good Honest Folk." and how Japan is fucking shit about mental health and "conformity".

I do not remember at all that was Shigaraki's goal... hell, I don't remember that being ANYONE'S goal in the League of Shadows, especially not Toga and absolutely not Dabi. Hell, the entirety of the League of Shadows' existence is predicated on using Stain's insanely retarded but well-meaning goal of having Heroes that want to be Heroes for the sake of being a Hero(Like it's 5000 levels of stupid considering Quirks exist, being a Hero is literally a job and food has to be put on the table) to get more villains and "wannabe Stains" on their side.

The Hero Public Safety Commission was revealed to brainwash/groom heroes into serving as black ops assassins to kill anyone (hero or villain) that the Japanese Government decided was "a threat to the public image of heroes" without even a trial..............and they get away scott free because "well the "bad" leader of the HSPC died when Lady Nagant snapped and the new one is smart enough not to overwork their newest brainwashed assassin into snapping like former one did (even if the HSPC would probably love to have Hawks kill more people for them if they could get away with it)

Holy Shit, I can't emphasize this enough, Horikoshi just revealed the Government literally has secret unaccountable "death squads" to murder "corrupt" heroes/villains to prevent the public from finding out the status quo isn't perfect (and a fair few villains are only villains because of circumstance), that most heroes are in it purely for the money, and how some of them are abusive assholes who take advantage of their fame and privileged positions to hide their crimes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that whole plot point gets dropped and ignored because "well this is a comic book and Heroes fight Villains instead of corrupt Governments and if you want to change society you have to Do Things By The Book instead of using force and rebelling (ignore all the times IRL where people rebelled against corrupt governments and succeeded in making things less shit)".

He does realize this exists in real life too right? Like it's an extreme overexaggeration but yeah, there are plenty of up there groups made in every Government explicitly so that the Government stays in power in some fashion. This is also funny because he acts as if Hawks is genuinely some brainwashed motherfucker when he clearly isn't(Sure he killed Twice but Twice was NOT a good person but his own words).

God forbid the author allows the Villains to be even partially justified, that might gasp lead to moral ambiguity and Deku et al having to grapple with the fact that they're potentially enabling the injustice they're supposed to fight against and what they should do to change this (maybe punch the evil government guys and the corrupt heroes in addition to stopping the villains).

...This is a fucking Manga based on American Comic Books, when in the fuck are villains usually justified in American Comics? If a nigga dare say "Magneto is Right", I'm breaking someone's spine. To go back to MHA, when has the League of Shadows ever been justified? When has AFO ever been justified? Hell, let's actually get real:

WHEN HAS STAIN BEEN JUSTIFIED?

That's why when we find out there's an MHA version of the KKK in Shoji's hometown and other rural places that mutilated him and regularly tries to "blood cleanse" (genocide/pogrom) Heteromorphs. Spinner goes from "mostly principled villain who actually wants to reform society and create better heroes despite being a member of the League" to "insane murderous hypocrite" to make Shoji look good for "refusing hatred and revenge to focus on BEING BETTER THAN THEM"**
Oh so that Hospital full of innocents and otherwise that can't be moved due to potential bad conditions and otherwise are just nobodies in comparison to that mob of Heteromorphs rushing in, angry, pissed and vengeful to get Kuroshigi back... because they was targets of racism... outside of the city?
I always laugh when I hear people say this and then immediately go to American issues as if Horikoshi couldn't atleast be pulling from the issue Japanese have with Korean and Chinese Foreigners? Nah son, gotta be the KKK and BLM/NAACP/Etc.! It's all the same too, fuck nuance.

**I bet Horikoshi's head would explode if he ever read about the Black Panthers arming themselves to protect African-Americans from racist police and KKK members during the 60s and 70s rather than just "being better than them" :V.

I see this all the time and yet no one ever brings up MLK Jr. rightfully kicked them to the curb because yeah no, it's monumentally stupid as fuck and forces in tension when there's no need of it(Especially since the NAACP tend to pick places where there wouldn't be any of those issues meanwhile making sure their plans are always effective in getting caught on TV... it's hard being seen as good guys when The Black Panthers would make them look like maximum aggressors).

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
Dude if they see another clone, just fucking shoot it. We literally have seen 5 different clones doing the same shit and the only exception is Mu and literally when Mu lost his memory he literally isn't any different from the original.

:eksip Seriously any clone shit in Gundam Seed should be met with a head shot. no questions ask.
This must be the only good clone Mu La Flaga has. If he ends up being a clone of him.

th

And well yea the plot is as shit as destiny.
The movie is a sequel to Destiny. Wait until SRW games fix the plot. If they adapt it.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
This must be the only good clone Mu La Flaga has. If he ends up being a clone of him.

th

The movie is a sequel to Destiny. Wait until SRW games fix the plot. If they adapt it.
NGL that's possible and is likely to happen if they ever do another english SRW game, but that's going to be some cope from the fandom saying Gundam Seed Freedom is the best Gundam or Gundam seed story.

Which we had for Destiny for like 10~15 years when Destiny isn't even better than the original Gundam Seed. Let alone the best Gundam story.

:eksip

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
DIVINE YOU CUNT! :scust

I legit don't think any Yu-Gi-Oh villain had me so eager to see them die than this shitbag. Thankfully he got a well deserved bit of karma when Dark Signer Carly wiped the smug grin off his face mere minutes later. :amazing
I also enjoyed Sayer's death. Carly's death must be one of the most brutal deaths in the franchise.

And I just noticed that Carly's clothes are similar to Mokuba's.
OIP.1bUPIz55mSIn1ZlLTM-GhgHaHa

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I also enjoyed Sayer's death. Carly's death must be one of the most brutal deaths in the franchise.
Yeah both of his deaths were satisfying as shit, even though it really shouldn't have been the end of Divine since everyone came back to life at the end of the Dark Signer arc.

It SHOULD have fallen to Aki to eventually finish him and the psychic duellist storyline off for good but of course that didn't happen because she got turned into a fucking cheerleader on account of CROW stealing her spotlight. :tripscust
And I just noticed that Carly's clothes are similar to Mokuba's.
OIP.1bUPIz55mSIn1ZlLTM-GhgHaHa
And both characters are directly tied to their series respective rival character, Yu-Gi-Oh likes to do that a lot across different series.
Like how Judai and Sho are clearly meant to parallel Yugi and Jonouchi only with the roles reversed.

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
Yeah both of his deaths were satisfying as shit, even though it really shouldn't have been the end of Divine since everyone came back to life at the end of the Dark Signer arc.

It SHOULD have fallen to Aki to eventually finish him and the psychic duellist storyline off for good but of course that didn't happen because she got turned into a fucking cheerleader on account of CROW stealing her spotlight. :tripscust
I hate when that happens in several animes, like Dragon Ball and Digimon Frontier.
And both characters are directly tied to their series respective rival character, Yu-Gi-Oh likes to do that a lot across different series.
Like how Judai and Sho are clearly meant to parallel Yugi and Jonouchi only with the roles reversed.
I didn't notice that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back