• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #50: outskirts nakama dome

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I thought he'd been given another chance to improve himself, so I let him be/waited to see what would happen, but just the next day he was already gone.
That's what I was hoping as well which is why I even bothered to rate his comments because I wanted to give him a chance. Dude still flipped out and made the same mistakes again.
Giving him a chance was very wishful thinking. He’s been banned numerous times for going off the deep end and insulting you guys, it’s pretty clear he’s not well in the head especially since he’s a self-admitted druggie

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Oh Mathers, loved reading his history and near-century spanning beef with Aleister that built up to their last epic fight

Uf5GrBA.png

Please don’t make him a Support character. Want to see him with an animated Ultimate.

Can we get some GT characters here finally? Anna, Aradia, and Anna Sprengel are at the top of my list

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh Mathers, loved reading his history and near-century spanning beef with Aleister that built up to their last epic fight

Uf5GrBA.png

Please don’t make him a Support character. Want to see him with an animated Ultimate.

Can we get some GT characters here finally? Anna, Aradia, and Anna Sprengel are at the top of my list
20240627_094415.jpg

And Dark Accelerator? Accelerator Black? Extra edgy Accelerator?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Well of course it's a plot driven mess, it's a Yami Marik duel.

Had Zorc/Yami Bakura simply set Destiny Board on the first turn and activated it after making Yami Marik spend his only back row removal and then simply play his monsters in defence rather than attack, Marik simply would have had no means of winning in time.

And of course just like the Mai duel, there was literally no reason to use Ra other than wanting to stick it to him. Never mind the "pulling new effects for Ra out of their ass" shit they pulled at the end. I know they explain it but the explanation is still bullshit.

Though this duel just hurts even more because, sure Yami Marik's the arc villain but Yami Bakura/Zorc is literally the final boss and this just made him even more of a fucking jobber. At least his duel with Yugi was "somehow" the least plot bullshit of this part of the arc.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yami Marik was a great villain, but boy were nearly all his duels giving him plot armor, between his heavy reliance on his OP shadow games making Joey pass out who had him dead to rights or his opponent successfully taking Ra from him while conveniently not knowing how to properly utilize its power for it to backfire on them (Mai, Yami Bakura) over actually beating them himself.

Really speaks volumes when both Ra and Shadow games were taken out, he was the first to lose in that 4 way duel with him, Joey, Kaiba, and Yami Yugi

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yami Marik was a great villain, but boy were nearly all his duels giving him plot armor, between his heavy reliance on his OP shadow games making Joey pass out who had him dead to rights or his opponent successfully taking Ra from him while conveniently not knowing how to properly utilize its power for it to backfire on them (Mai, Yami Bakura) over actually beating them himself.

Really speaks volumes when both Ra and Shadow games were taken out, he was the first to lose in that 4 way duel with him, Joey, Kaiba, and Yami Yugi
It does indeed, though obviously it was a matter of him just overly toying with people as once we actually did get to Yami Marik vs Atem, he did show how good he really was.

The problem was that his earlier wins necessitated the plot bending over backwards to save him or make his opponent do stupid shit. Rather than the intended result of making him look strong for having beaten them while holding back, it just made him look like an idiot with an OP boss monster who got incredibly lucky.

He is a great villain though, no one's denying that but the writing for his duels definitely left a lot to be desired.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Kinda ironic that a filler villain like Dartz has arguably the most broken deck in the original series
Makes perfect sense. Filler = writers being able able to make up anything as opposed to adapting the manga and if there’s one thing the folks at Gallop knew when writing duels, it’s coming up with the most insane over the top abilities

Yusei vs Z-ONE is easily one of the most memorable duels precisely because of how progressively it got, culminating in Yusei Falcon Punching the entire Sephiroth hierarchy with an over 20K+ Stardust Dragon

Back