• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #50: outskirts nakama dome

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That moment when you find out some people are happy that Awesome Truth lost the tag titles because they were "sick of them as champions 'cause they're just a comedy act". :whatisthis

I mean R-Truth is a comedy character, I really don't know what people were expecting from them. They still defended the titles semi-regularly (they had more defences than any other tag team champs atm), with the consistent through line of Truth's naivety and innocence being exploited to give people shots which inevitably led to them losing the belts.

Their only real issue was not really having a proper feud with anyone which seems to be what they're doing now with the Judgement Day. I mean they could go either way from here, either having them win the titles back with R-Truth learning not to be so trusting or (more likely) they lose the rematch and Miz turns on Truth, blaming him for them losing the belts in the first place.

Either way I enjoyed them as champions, there's nothing wrong with just being entertaining. Hell the Ring of Honour Champion is consistently the best thing on AEW simply because he makes me laugh, there's nothing wrong with being comedic characters in wrestling as long as they're actually funny.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This is even more proof that inflation and America's economy at large continues to go down the shitter...

Even whatever results of the upcoming election isn't going to phase me in the slightest.
And that Biden has done everything so that the ugly blow of inflation is not felt in his administration but in the next, such as using his own oil reserves, so the true inflation due to Covid will be felt from the next year, otherwise an economic miracle happens.

Trump is going to have to work magic if he is going to want to lower that inflation if he wins.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
B0259865-1-E4-F-47-A7-9-B4-B-929-AC823255-E.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"I hate that people call Taylor by his old name, Bo Dallas. Since we are seeing that he has a normal character aside to Howdy, I'd like to see him renamed to something with Wyatt in the name." :forizzle

Not that I don't understand where this person is coming from, but it's just kind of a weird complaint 'cause ultimately Bo Dallas is the name he's used throughout most of his WWE career and it's the name most WWE fans know him by.

The simple fact is that even when we know a Wrestler's real name, people are still likely to default to their in-ring names when referring to them because that's what they're most used to. I'm well aware Nic Nemeth is Dolph Ziggler's real name but I still call him Dolph over Nic because that's what I knew him as for the better part of 20 years.

It's like saying you hate that most people still refer to Mark Calloway as The Undertaker or Glenn Jacobs as Kane. It's not meant to be disrespectful if that's what you're worried about and honestly even if they changed Taylor's in-ring name to something else, I'd still likely refer to him either as Bo Dallas or Uncle Howdy because old habits die hard.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"Some people are saying this is the BEST fight scene Star Wars has EVER done." :heston

Some people are fucking huffing some serious copium, even just pretending this shit show isn't complete shit.

Shad: "This guy is LEAGUES stronger than Darth Maul because he stomped five Jedi Knights at once."

NOPE! Fighting multiple Jedi at the same time isn't that unheard of Shad. What General Grievous did in his debut put this travesty to shame 'cause he was fighting like five Jedi at the same time, including not just TWO MASTERS but COUNCIL MEMBERS.

Darth Maul at his best would body the fuck out of this bitch. At BEST he'd surprise him by turning of one of the blades on his lightsaber, at which point Maul force pulls his helmet and arm piece off (or Force crushes the helmet while he's wearing it) then stomps his ass.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Back