• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #50: outskirts nakama dome

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
So, had a lovely guided tour yesterday. Got to see an unfinished marble statue of Dionysus that's 12 metres tall, some new locations, an old temple to Demeter, and a few artefacts for the worship of several deities in museums. Cool shit.

Also bought a very well crafted greek statuette of the naked female form, because fuck it, why not? :mjlol

Will be leaving for Athens tomorrow, and then it's Parthenon/Akropolis time, lads. Gonna have my phone out the whole way, while lamenting that I won't ever see the Parthenon in its hey day, because I wasn't born in that era, or the era with a time machine.:wow

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
WHAT THE FUCK? :scust

Which Edward is this even meant to be, not that it matters 'cause not fucking one of them was black?
This one:
330px-King_Edward_IV.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
AEW expecting me to believe the 180 pound soaking wet Orange Cassidy can take on a tag team of two guys BIGGER than him 2v1 and, not only win that match but win handily (to the point it's literally his warm up for the PPV on Sunday)? :kobeha

For fuck's sake Tony, I know this shit is scripted but there at least needs to be SOME level of believability, regardless of how popular the guy is. Granted I didn't like Orange Cassidy during the few weeks I watched when AEW was new and I still don't like him now. If it were a MUCH bigger man, someone who could believably not need to try that hard most of the time, the gimmick MIGHT work but it's never worked with this vanilla midget.

I know they're more interested in in-ring ability but size still matters, Braun Strowman can be shown needing 4 Judgement Day members to subdue him because of how big the fucker is. Just a little bit of believability Tony is all I'm asking.

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

@Xhominid The Apex @Darth Nihilus @Nevermind The Bloodline Civil War arc has now truly, officially begun. When Roman comes back, there will be fury. :mshad

Without a doubt Solo Sikoa may have just made himself the most hated heel in WWE (if not Wrestling in general) and the POP that we're gonna get when Roman comes back and gets his hands on him will be legendary. :awesome

Meanwhile Bo Dallas/Uncle Howdy may have made himself the most sympathetic Babyface in the company with that interview/therapy tape on Raw. Two completely different directions from the best factions in wrestling and I'm here for both, though I'm more interested in the Wyatts at the moment. :maybe

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

@Xhominid The Apex @Darth Nihilus @Nevermind The Bloodline Civil War arc has now truly, officially begun. When Roman comes back, there will be fury. :mshad

I loved how Heyman made himself look disheveled to add to the effect. Even just not shaving helped him pull it off, making him look like he was on the outs. Great attention to detail.
AEW expecting me to believe the 180 pound soaking wet Orange Cassidy can take on a tag team of two guys BIGGER than him 2v1 and, not only win that match but win handily (to the point it's literally his warm up for the PPV on Sunday)? :kobeha

For fuck's sake Tony, I know this shit is scripted but there at least needs to be SOME level of believability, regardless of how popular the guy is. Granted I didn't like Orange Cassidy during the few weeks I watched when AEW was new and I still don't like him now. If it were a MUCH bigger man, someone who could believably not need to try that hard most of the time, the gimmick MIGHT work but it's never worked with this vanilla midget.

I know they're more interested in in-ring ability but size still matters, Braun Strowman can be shown needing 4 Judgement Day members to subdue him because of how big the fucker is. Just a little bit of believability Tony is all I'm asking.
Orange Cassidy has an entire section in the video on AEW's decline I'll be releasing in a few weeks. His booking is poison and his joke wasn't funny a long time ago.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
10 PM. Late. That's because it's in Vegas. The undercard starts earlier than that. Not sure if I want to stay up that late TBH but we can try watching what we watch.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Is there anyone here who can clean up background noise in videos? I recorded this last one during the heat wave so the AC was on full blast and it turned out to be louder than I thought.

Back