• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #50: outskirts nakama dome

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
angel_and_spike_from_buffy_by_weststudio3_d1whrhe-375w-2x.jpg

We need MCs like these two again

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

So incase any Doctor Who buffs are wondering HOW Sutekh escaped a time vortex which was supposed to take him to the moment of his own death...The Tardis just randomly flew through it and he latched on and has been living on the Tardis ever since.

Oh and the MYSTERY of who Ruby Sunday's mother was? She was just some random unimportant woman. :facepalm

Bear in mind:
  • The women makes snow appear around her any time she remembers her mother leaving her.
  • She made a time window turn on despite the fact that the generator was destroyed earlier in the episode.
  • The literal God of Death, who has just wiped out EVERYONE in the universe because he went everywhere the Doctor did, COULDN'T kill this woman or even comprehend her because of how unusual she is.
But nah, she's just no one in particular and she was ONLY important because WE made her important. :really

Oh and how did they defeat Sutekh I don't hear you ask? Ruby just attached some "intelligent rope" to him and she and the Doctor (because of course the powerful time lord needs a random woman's help to achieve anything) tie him to the Tardis and take him through time because "when you bring death to death" that somehow creates life and then Sutekh just dies. :whatisthis

And Ruby is no longer going to be the companion going forward so there went the only good thing about the show.

Beaten by a rope

WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ONE OF THE BEST VILLAINS IN THE WHOLE DAMN SERIES FROM IT'S INCEPTION BEATEN BY A LITERAL WHO WITH A ROPE TO THINK THIS SHOW HAS GONE FURTHER DOWNHILL SINCE EVEN THE MOFFAT DAYS FUCK THIS DISRESPECT WHAT IS THIS SHIT?

Platinum

Illustrious
Qimir is way too cool for the acolyte.

A show about him and Sol would have actually been good. Mae and Osha drag it down 9/10 points with their mere existence.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ONE OF THE BEST VILLAINS IN THE WHOLE DAMN SERIES FROM IT'S INCEPTION BEATEN BY A LITERAL WHO WITH A ROPE TO THINK THIS SHOW HAS GONE FURTHER DOWNHILL SINCE EVEN THE MOFFAT DAYS FUCK THIS DISRESPECT WHAT IS THIS SHIT?
You think that's bad?

There's a scene where they show clips of the original Sutekh episode, just to call his design "cultural appropriation" and refer to the Doctor and his companion as "Just 2 random people who flew in the Tardis". :smh

I'd ask what their CGI abomination is if not "cultural appropriation"? Because newsflash Davies, Egyptian Gods only had animal HEADS, they didn't straight up look like animals. Though lets face it, they changed that for the sake of the rope scene (ie putting the "dog" on a leash).

Also you KNOW the "cultural appropriation" shit ONLY comes up because Davies is a moron who thinks Egyptian History is BLACK history ala the idiots who made that shitty Cleopatra documentary.

Last edited:

LeonLex

Paramount
I still want to know how a God of Death apparently can't control its own powers.
Even if it's dragged through the time vortex (which by now has happened so many times), how can that result in a chain reaction that somehow reverses death.
All that stuff still doesn't come close to the "time is memory" bulllshit we're supposed to believe.
Why can't we just "remember harder" and time travel then?

Back