• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #50: outskirts nakama dome

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And in terms of gameplay, I’m one of the few players that enjoyed Link Format and Master Rule 4

Yes, the nerf on Synchro, Xyz, and Fusions sucked for that format, but it still spiced things up by changing the game a lot.

I liked how placement of you cards really mattered and we were just getting off Zoodiac Tier 0 format. Anything was better then that trash format

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
And in terms of gameplay, I’m one of the few players that enjoyed Link Format and Master Rule 4

Yes, the nerf on Synchro, Xyz, and Fusions sucked for that format, but it still spiced things up by changing the game a lot.

I liked how placement of you cards really mattered and we were just getting off Zoodiac Tier 0 format. Anything was better then that trash format

I’m gonna have to get into it then :wow

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
My opinion

5Ds > Original Yugioh / DM > GX > Zexal > Vrains > Arc-V

Haven’t watched the Rush Duel series and won’t until we get actually get Rush Duels

Alright I’ll guess I’ll have to start buying pendulum and link monsters then. :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
What I mean is already have the strongest cards of all of those summoning types. I stopped at xyz
I know, I’m just talking about my favorite mechanics.

Links in particular have made shit too cheap and fast, even if I have to admit I enjoyed how competitively viable several VRAINS anime themes are even to this day

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
I know, I’m just talking about my favorite mechanics.

Links in particular have made shit too cheap and fast, even if I have to admit I enjoyed how competitively viable several VRAINS anime themes are even to this day

That sounds fire ok 🔥 ain’t gotta tell me twice, shit

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Still think this game was fine stopping at Xyz.

Minus introducing Pendulums, Arc-V era had the right idea of supporting Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz to where all had decks you could compete with

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
Still think this game was fine stopping at Xyz.

Minus introducing Pendulums, Arc-V era had the right idea but supporting Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz to where all had decks you could compete with

I didn’t watch arc-v so I can’t say anything about it but I did look through some of the dragons and they looks awesome

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I didn’t watch arc-v so I can’t say anything about it but I did look through some of the dragons and they looks awesome
Arc-V is great for the first 3 seasons before falling flat on its face around the time they get to the Xyz dimension. The Synchro Dimension before that dragged on for a while but at least was fine. Really had the potential to be the best Yugioh series too with how great it started.

Combination of the series being a little too ambitious, directors fucking up deadlines or rewriting the script on the spot for the animators to have to animate stuff last minute or even come up with their own thing and Gallop overworked as it is between working on Arc-V and Dark Side of Dimensions at the same time led to Arc-V ending things as arguably the worst Yugioh

Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing are pretty sick. Starving Venom’s cool.

Odd-Eyes looks like a mutant chicken.

Best looking dragon is Red Dragon Archfiend Scarlight

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
Arc-V is great for the first 3 seasons before falling flat on its face around the time they get to the Xyz dimension. The Synchro Dimension before that dragged on for a while but at least was fine. Really had the potential to be the best Yugioh series too with how great it started.

Combination of the series being a little too ambitious, directors fucking up deadlines or rewriting the script on the spot for the animators to have to animate stuff last minute or even come up with their own thing and Gallop overworked as it is between working on Arc-V and Dark Side of Dimensions at the same time led to Arc-V ending things as arguably the worst Yugioh

Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing are pretty sick. Starving Venom’s cool.

Odd-Eyes looks like a mutant chicken.

Best looking dragon is Red Dragon Archfiend Scarlight

Never heard of scarlight, looking it up now

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
For example, one of the rumors was Katsumi Ono, who also directed 5Ds, basically tried to make Arc-V into 5Ds 2.0 for one of the reasons the Synchro Dimension dragged on as much as it did and why Crow and Jack re-introduced there got so much focus over the main cast.

Perhaps because Zexal completely overshadowed 5Ds in ratings in Japan where Zexal is huge and 5Ds was a competitive flop and Ono wanted 5Ds to be recognized more.

Shun losing to Crow was straight up bullshit honestly.

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
81raytgumlL._AC_SX148_SY213_QL70_.jpg

Ok I nutted

Back