• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #8: Still New Year, Lets go full force for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FK-BebRX0AIj0ux

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Behold.

El Puck.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Holy shit, I knew Ymir was a cuck but she's not even a character. The Eldian king is just pure evil that doesn't even manipulate her or anything, not a character either. Such a fucking lazy origin story.

It's so easily fixable, too:
The king was a weak, fragile child who was looked down on his entire life. He ended up murdering his siblings and took over the Eldian tribe vowing to do the same to the entire continent. Later on he unintentionally save Ymir during battle and spares her, not because he cares but because he doesn't care for her fate. For him she's lower than animal, blood not worthy of coating his sword. She flees from the battle into the tree, gets her powers. He then manipulates her into believing she owes him everything and that he's merely helping her fulfill her destiny as a warrior, an attack titan meant to battle on his behalf to conquer the world. In reality, she's still just a slave being manipulated, and on her deathbed she realizes it when she sees the future visions of her children, as he orders them to eat her. He doesn't care, never has.

Even if the king's background is cliche, better than having him be just a psycho with no character. No need to outright show it, just have him use it to sympathize with Ymir to emotionally manipulate her, give us bits and pieces of it through dialogue between them.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back