• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #1 - A New Hope -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
didn't rom actually had a toaster for a head at one point in time.
:kannasip
No, that's just a meme. Because of how his head looks.

However, it is a meme that's recognized in canon and by his creators.
RCO043_1466994230_1.jpg

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Ehh Rome lasted about 850 years, 1,700 if you count Byzantium. The British and Portugese Empire's were established in the 1510's and 1490s respectively and lasted until the late 1990s iirc.

And Spain went from 1492 until the Spanish American War.

They use the French, Germanic and Mongol Empires and Venice to establish that figure, Carthage and the Selucids as well.

Ignoring that both the Selucids and Carthage got fucking mogged by a rising power that was very good at reverse engineering shit and had a very well trained citizen militia.

And the Mongols didn't really collapse outside of the Golden Horde getting nommed by Moscow. They just got ethnically and culturally absorbed by the people's they ruled because they were facing 30 go 1 odds in the reproduction department :mjlol

Neither of that is applicable to us. The US isn't doomed but this is likely going to result in a national reorganization ala the late Roman Republic.

Wdym the British empire still hasn't set on my island :russ

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Only voice that doesn't sound good in the dub is yujiro's

Old Dub voice for him was better

Pickle teaser at the end too :bury

second episode i watched in dub, tbh :mjlol

sub version is better overall, but i gotta say, dub baki is cool

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
second episode i watched in dub, tbh :mjlol

sub version is better overall, but i gotta say, dub baki is cool
Yeah, Bakis voice works because he still sounds confident/arrogant and bored

jacks is fucking spot on and prob the best casting for the dub

dorians was good too but you can’t beat skip otsuka and rikiya for retsu and yujiro :

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
The fact that he isn't even repenting over the thing he's most hated and resented for only adds to his redemption arc (which still isn't even close to over mind you)

Book Euron to show Euron has to be the biggest disappointment in the entire run of the show, imo.
Show Euron literally looks like his actor stumbled on stage drunk and horny :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back