• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked OLF Christmas Mafia 2023 (Day 9)

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
this doesnt provide a way to catch people who abuse it tho, unless it gets reported
Staff can see the reps save the advisors

If you were eliminated at 6:13pm Feb 18th 2024, and then I see you made a rep message Feb 23rd at 12:22pm to a living player after your role's elimination, its going to have consequences.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Yeah that’s what I said also, it would be a bitch to police and I’m not really for disabling reacts entirely
1. You and Gram need to come to some form of an agreement on what you want to do for host discretion
2. I think I'm going to implement floating (corner) notices when the night phase starts so it cannot be missed. No excuses. This should help avoid this in the future

Kurosaki Ichigo

Soul reaper
@Kurosaki Ichigo Did you bully the host?
Did I?
This is my message after I asked him a few times to let me sub in mafia's stump slot and he ignored me, I insisted and he said he will ask a mod and the mod told him that a new stump would be a big advantage.
I see, thanks for the answer. Tell my mates please why a sub for Gram will never come.

I wonder if the mods see what's wrong with the game, trust tells, ad hominem attacks and gaslightning from many players. It's good that they are concerned with game balance, but if the game environment is toxic, balance has less value.

I think the mafia stump would balance the fact they accept a trust tell from Flower (this is the most obvious in the game). Trust tells are banned in many sites for a reason. Her trust tell and the way she defends it lowers the quality of the game.

I would accept the concern that a mafia stump would be an advantage, but basically Gram never posted as stump so anyone subbing in his slot wouldn't be a new stump. I am not saying that to make you change opinion, btw, but the 'new stump' sentence rubs me the wrong way
Want to say I don't think scums complaints were necessarily over the line. I thought they asked fair questions which I'd also be asking. I just didn't care for the implication that I was townsiding and threatening to stop playing properly (granted this never actually happened). I think I just got overwhelmed by the sheer volume of discontent. Ichigo spent more time lobbying for Flower to be modkilled than he did playing the game while he was alive for example. Overall I think scum probably deserved to win. They had low numbers percentage wise and did just enough to cross the line. Rugrat played very well. Scum didn't even know he was the SK until very late.
I never asked for her modkill. However I am strongly advocating for banning the trust tell as a way to make oneself an IC.

If anyone wants to check our PM @RDK can add new members.

Ultra

THE BEAR
We can literally track a user's use of reactions by their activity, and by relying on mutual expectation that everyone reports out of thread communication (if we deem it as such)

So regardless I think saying it's impossible to police reacts if we so wanted to is silly, it's much easier than policing any other sort of ootc

Of course practically speaking no host is going to go over everyone's profile each day but having an open record makes it enforceable, seems silly to suggest otherwise

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
Did I?
This is my message after I asked him a few times to let me sub in mafia's stump slot and he ignored me, I insisted and he said he will ask a mod and the mod told him that a new stump would be a big advantage.

I never asked for her modkill. However I am strongly advocating for banning the trust tell as a way to make oneself an IC.

If anyone wants to check our PM @RDK can add new members.
I did not trust tell. I literally fake claimed Indie, that's it.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
What did he compensate on?

You people are so full of shit, you're telling yourselves that he caved when he didn't, he didn't change his mind once aside from making this unranked at the end lol

Insufferable.

For real
Ppl out there actually saying we bullied rdk
What the...

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I think I'm going to implement floating (corner) notices when the night phase starts so it cannot be missed. No excuses. This should help avoid this in the future
I would advise against this because you'd need more than one person onboard to help manage it, as targeting specific players will be necessary. It will be annoying af to handle overall, and once a notice is dismissed, you'll have to create a new one for the player to see it again cause it's controlled by a record, either in the database or a browser cookie. The best way to manage this issue is if the host is unable to babysit players during the night phase, other players will have to step up and report posts that violate the host's rules. It's simple, but it will require punishment guidelines set out by the section moderators/staff, ideally.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Not sure if the word "retard" applies to this scenario, as using that term is not justified or a typical response unless used medically and scientifically. Otherwise, I dislike its use as an emotionally charged response. Sometimes, you even get those people who use it freely just because they think it's a cool word, and to be quite honest, it's not.

I reported Rugrat cuz he kept saying it even after I told him to cool it...
He wasn't arguing with anyone.
Just saying general thoughts and using it casually...

Reactions: Ral
Back