• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked OLF Members Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Men
Ultra
Ratchet
Magic
Aurelian
Flower
Lord Melkor
Rej
Grammaton
Ekko
Nibel

Non-Binary
RDK
Gadministrator
T-Pein
Xadlin
Lethal
Evans
The Orca
Polar Bear
Hime
Psychic

Women

CraigPelton
Luka
Sky
Tweet
Retro

Kinda wanna put Gad in scum but might need a second opinion. Could swap him with tweet here.

Moved retro down because all this defeatist crap is suddenly aging very poorly

Rej

Preeminent
unvote

good noontime fellas. I read up some pages after my last post and saw some of the craig vs flower exchange. I dont have any fundamentals on that versus there but I might ISO Craig when back from work or so.

Saw Melkor's VT claim and totally forgot that this is a "competetive OLF ranked game". I expected a role madness kek.
So I wana say he could still be a goon. I will see how stuff evolves around him.

vote Xadlin

Will look at Xad when I am back from work, looks def like another hard to read slot.

I am just spreading some votes here, I will for sure vote more concretely during EoD.

Ratchet

Kinda wanna put Gad in scum but might need a second opinion. Could swap him with tweet here.
I have Gad at Lean Scum. I think his play has mostly been very positional - he's more or less just parroted the consensus and it feels to me like he first is looking to give himself an excuse to vote before making the vote. None of it strikes me as natural. I actually felt similar regarding your vote on Gram.

Why swap with Tweet, though? From what I can see, you have good reasons to be scum reading Tweet independently from anything Gad has done, why would having Gad as scum change that for you? That doesn't make any sense.

Kweh!

Ultra

THE BEAR
I have Gad at Lean Scum. I think his play has mostly been very positional - he's more or less just parroted the consensus and it feels to me like he first is looking to give himself an excuse to vote before making the vote. None of it strikes me as natural. I actually felt similar regarding your vote on Gram.

Why swap with Tweet, though? From what I can see, you have good reasons to be scum reading Tweet independently from anything Gad has done, why would having Gad as scum change that for you? That doesn't make any sense.

Kweh!

I think tweets frustrations seemed at least a bit genuine and I successfully baited him into actual engagement after he already gave himself an out. Both things I give him a wee bit of credit for over slinking about in the background.

Also I try and keep my bottom pile roughly approximate but upon reflection split probably has 6 scum so you're right.

Ratchet

I think tweets frustrations seemed at least a bit genuine and I successfully baited him into actual engagement after he already gave himself an out. Both things I give him a wee bit of credit for over slinking about in the background.

Also I try and keep my bottom pile roughly approximate but upon reflection split probably has 6 scum so you're right.
No buys on this.
There's the post where you conceded your read on Sky with the same, and then the post where you implied Melkor's thoughts were genuine (really don't know any other way to interpret it, unless you're just trying to be greasy on purpose)

You're brushing over your main scum reads too like it's nbd
You literally said in the post you quoted "you don't disagree with me". I didn't feel that needed to be elaborated on because of it, but now apparently I have to point this out. You didn't recant this, so unless you expect me to read your fucking mind, why are you acting like I'm talking a load of shit here

My observation on Melkor was 1-1.

Now generally speaking, given the above, and not much contention with your other reads, I expect you to pick up on the fact that we're in sync to some degree, or at least acknowledge it.

Conversely you're free to admit you aren't reading shit, because this is my only charitable explanation here for your silly behavior
You are, at the minimum, presenting your contention with Tweet here as what I would consider a slam dunk. I think it's really tepid to then turn around and say "um well but he interacted with me and looked frustrated so yeah". I don't have an issue with you re-evaluating per se, but you haven't really done that, you just said "yeah maybe I'll swap him and Gad" like what's the relation to those two reads?

I think a minimum, you're bloviating with your presentation here - I think you're raising good points and I find myself agreeing, but the way you're handling your suspicion (first on Gram and then Tweet, I like you in regards to your suspicion on CP's slot) is performative. I would like you to claim.

Ratchet

No buys on this.

You are, at the minimum, presenting your contention with Tweet here as what I would consider a slam dunk. I think it's really tepid to then turn around and say "um well but he interacted with me and looked frustrated so yeah". I don't have an issue with you re-evaluating per se, but you haven't really done that, you just said "yeah maybe I'll swap him and Gad" like what's the relation to those two reads?

I think a minimum, you're bloviating with your presentation here - I think you're raising good points and I find myself agreeing, but the way you're handling your suspicion (first on Gram and then Tweet, I like you in regards to your suspicion on CP's slot) is performative. I would like you to claim.
...Kweh...

Ratchet

Also @Ultra I dislike your progression on Gram - I know you're citing the thread reaction but I don't buy that either, I don't believe you feel your singular vote on Gram is enough to warrant provoking some distancing from scum mates. You iniially claimed that CP was making you town read Gram more, which makes no sense, especially when they've been in agreement and Gram has defended CP to an extent. I think you were just looking to jump off from a bad push there, saw something on CP and went with it, now you're kind of backfilling the motivations for doing so. No bueno.

Kweh

Ultra

THE BEAR
No buys on this.

You really love the word bloviating don't you.

I would say that I'm reevaluating moreso because I think it's a bit unlikely all my voters are scum and I'm making trade offs based on that parameter vs anything tweet has done though really

Ultra

THE BEAR
Also @Ultra I dislike your progression on Gram - I know you're citing the thread reaction but I don't buy that either, I don't believe you feel your singular vote on Gram is enough to warrant provoking some distancing from scum mates. You iniially claimed that CP was making you town read Gram more, which makes no sense, especially when they've been in agreement and Gram has defended CP to an extent. I think you were just looking to jump off from a bad push there, saw something on CP and went with it, now you're kind of backfilling the motivations for doing so. No bueno.

Kweh

Well you're just wrong. Out of 24 players, a single one not taking a bite in his side is to me noteworthy. CP's balance sheet of positions makes sense from him as scum, and no I don't see him giving him a cold vouch and moving off from it either. The idea that they would defend each other mutually = they have equity is kinda meh as well.

Ultra

THE BEAR
town: gram, ratchet, aurelian
scummy: melkor, retro

current solve is melkor scum with retro bussing.

Don't see ultra going to bat for melkor so hard if they are teamed, could see it as a good guy read. I do think he looked bad in the back and forth with gram tho. Like gram cucked him really hard and that was obvious to all of us, we are being very polite by not harping on it

Sky/gram not aligned for similar reasons. He straight up told ultra not to push her

@Ratchet

This post specifically is what led me to that conclusion, I figured CP wouldn't be good guying Gram this aggressively as buddies. On paper it isn't all that unlikely they might step in for each other but this feels phoned in +1'ing

Ratchet

You really love the word bloviating don't you.

I would say that I'm reevaluating moreso because I think it's a bit unlikely all my voters are scum and I'm making trade offs based on that parameter vs anything tweet has done though really
Sure, but comparatively, you've spent quite a bit of time establishing that Tweet's position cannot be a genuine one due to where his reads lie - to then sweep that away because of this is pretty meh. More on this in a minute.
Well you're just wrong. Out of 24 players, a single one not taking a bite in his side is to me noteworthy. CP's balance sheet of positions makes sense from him as scum, and no I don't see him giving him a cold vouch and moving off from it either. The idea that they would defend each other mutually = they have equity is kinda meh as well.
So this kind of ties into the main issue I have with you. I agree mutual defence =/= alignment, but consider that early game you were banging the drum for Gram, you voted him, accused him of OMGUS, etc. I'd expect some proper shoring up of that, especially when you have what you think is another slam dunk in CP, you see an earlier scum read that you didn't get anywhere with shutting it down, and you're telling me that doesn't actually hold any weight to you? To make a long post short(er) - I think this is again indicative of you presenting cases in a way that is not actually genuine - you're acting as if this and that are hard indicators for scum, but you're not progressing your reads in a way that indicates that you truly believe that. I'm not even saying you have to think Gram/CP are scum together, but I would have liked to see you explore the thought process.

The one push I will give you is CP's funnily enough, because at no point there does it feel like you've tried to manipulative how compelling the evidence is. As I asked above, I want your claim.

Kweh!

Ratchet

@Ratchet

This post specifically is what led me to that conclusion, I figured CP wouldn't be good guying Gram this aggressively as buddies. On paper it isn't all that unlikely they might step in for each other but this feels phoned in +1'ing
I accept that more (though I still think it's somewhat weak - you're acting as if CP, in his many years playing with Gram, would only play around Gram one way as buddies). I have more of an issue with this coming *now*, as opposed to what you offered at the time:
Think CP successfully convinced me to stop scum reading Gram and scum read him instead

:hmm
I moved Gram up simply because the interest in him was absolute 0 and I'm forced to reconsider if I'm just full of it or not. Gad is hard to read. Lethal is in this game, yes, and he is in the non binary pile with everyone else who has not posted
Especially this second post - why is this reasoning not present in there?

K-W-E-H

Ultra

THE BEAR
Sure, but comparatively, you've spent quite a bit of time establishing that Tweet's position cannot be a genuine one due to where his reads lie - to then sweep that away because of this is pretty meh. More on this in a minute.
So this kind of ties into the main issue I have with you. I agree mutual defence =/= alignment, but consider that early game you were banging the drum for Gram, you voted him, accused him of OMGUS, etc. I'd expect some proper shoring up of that, especially when you have what you think is another slam dunk in CP, you see an earlier scum read that you didn't get anywhere with shutting it down, and you're telling me that doesn't actually hold any weight to you? To make a long post short(er) - I think this is again indicative of you presenting cases in a way that is not actually genuine - you're acting as if this and that are hard indicators for scum, but you're not progressing your reads in a way that indicates that you truly believe that. I'm not even saying you have to think Gram/CP are scum together, but I would have liked to see you explore the thought process.

The one push I will give you is CP's funnily enough, because at no point there does it feel like you've tried to manipulative how compelling the evidence is. As I asked above, I want your claim.

Kweh!

My process is that my read on CP is stronger and I changed my mind because of his approach to the situation.

I will claim but not before Cap Pelton. You inherited tweets fence sitting as part of our PR?

Ultra

THE BEAR
I accept that more (though I still think it's somewhat weak - you're acting as if CP, in his many years playing with Gram, would only play around Gram one way as buddies). I have more of an issue with this coming *now*, as opposed to what you offered at the time:

Especially this second post - why is this reasoning not present in there?

K-W-E-H

The reasoning is implied. If I think Gram is being spewed town, that is derived from seeing posts such as CP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back