• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Well.

Oda said he was going to end this in 5 years. This is what this looks like.

But damn. If you were a fan of Kidd....like damn I'm truly sorry. I know we troll characters but that was....that was bad. And I feel kinda bad now.

And I'm a die hard Usopp fan. And I know what thay feels like.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
usopp has never had a bad showing and i am 100% serious about that

from arlong park the fact he beat a fishman at all has always been one of the most impressive things to me, he has to work for every win

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
usopp has never had a bad showing and i am 100% serious about that

from arlong park the fact he beat a fishman at all has always been one of the most impressive things to me, he has to work for every win
Usopp hasn't done anything for 3 arcs my brother in Christ.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
But real talk.

I have been reading One Piece weekly for 16 years. All the way back in 2007 in the middle of Thriller Bark! I love this series. This series is still a top 5 manga all time. And it's still a great series.

But this chapter has got me feeling all sorts of ways I'm thinking of taking a few months break. This is the chapter was really something.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
my nig kidd became midd and basically got cui'd by shanks, lmao

oda really taking a page out of kubo's meme book

once

again

pre-timeskip oda piece >> post-timeskip oda piece, in quality, and so easily

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah this is definitely a legit bad move on Oda's part, but I also want to wait until the chapter actually comes out before I make any judgements.

On another note, it kinda shows just how chill Kaido was with the dude in comparison :wow

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Being a Kid fan these are crushing spoilers, and it's not just the loss to Shanks, but the whole mentality surrounding the fandom.

Kid has been one of the most hated on characters in the manga dogged on by every other fandom, he was never given a fair chance being mocked and memed out the gate and week after week we've had to deal with hordes of people calling him Useless Mid and downplaying all of his accomplishments he gets in the manga. The Kid fandom being as vocal and defensive they are was a product of being surrounded by a community who constantly shits on him and wishes to see him fall.

Kid fans have had to work twice as hard for half the respect of other characters, and the one thing carrying that was that Oda really set him and Law up as people who were supposed to be important figures alongside Luffy for the new generation. For Oda to trash him like he's nothing just to stroke off Shanks once again makes those 15 years of investment into that character feel like a complete waste, and like Oda decided to feed into the hate surrounding him.

Kid never got his moment after all of this time, and for Oda to write him out in such a disrespectful way honestly kills a lot of my hype for the future of the series.
I think you're taking this way too personally.

The notion that Oda writes in serious characters that he then abuses because he hates is quite disrespectful and petty, and I'm honestly tired of seeing this trend from fans whom Oda fails to please. Kid would have never been an integral part in taking down Big Mom if Oda hated him.

People need to drop the "surprised Pikachu" face and realize that most of the Supernova had relatively minor roles, because they were all whipped up on the last second. Oda definitely had plans for Kid, otherwise he wouldn't have been hyped in a trio with Luffy and Law, but it just didn't seem to work out the way Oda wanted it to, which is most likely the case rather than Oda "feeding into the hate".
Law ended up being too tied to the main plot and by the time his arc wrapped up it was too late to flesh Kid out and give him his own integral role. I'd even argue this much was obvious the moment Dressrosa came and went without Kid in sight, as we were pushing into the core of the story.
I also think people take his defeat the wrong way. Thinking about it for more than two minutes and jokes aside - his defeat isn't supposed to be a mere hype tool to ramp up Shanks. It's supposed to be a TRAGEDY. Kid, a promising rookie who helped achieve something massive and usher in a new age had his dreams shattered just when he thought they were within reach.
This is a new age, the merciless race for the One Piece has officially begun and Kid(possibly Law too)is the first victim to clear up the picture - Kaido and Big Mom's downfall was just the beginning of the end. Shanks is probably way stronger than he lets on and is the last Yonko standing from the previous age. This new age is supposed to be an uncharted territory in terms of power that will surpass its predecessor.
And Kid being defeated to the first on-panel named, serious attack of the most enigmatic character everyone's been waiting for over two decades to see fighting is quite the fucking honor, in a way.

Also, I wouldn't completely write him off at this point despite the note, since a focal point of the story is that dreams never die. But yeah, he isn't getting any fleshing out at this point even if we see him again.

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
wtympPQTzLuzsiuOZHn-glw6ghevwyd2q_m0rfQJ4rM.jpg

new visual key art for the true final act of the anime wano arc, all the main players here

once again, for the kidd scenario, as harsh as it was, nig still got a multi continental power up, in wano, thats what matters

and

shanks

pmuch, can flex multi continental chars, like nothing, kidd fans (including me), dont worry, he still can solo 95% of the bleach verse

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
After looking at the scans we kinda overracted.

Kidd didn't go down like some pleb. That was clearly one of Shanks strongest moves.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
How is it one of Shanks strongest moves if it has no Acoc, no indication of black lightning.

He got hit with an attack that Roger used on Oden as hello and Oden got right back up :why
There was black lightning in the panel? Atleast the one I saw. It was hard to make out though cause I'm on my phone. Maybe when I get to the computer.

Also this was more powerful than Roger's I think.

Back