Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
This is the first time in history that the fire starter has been the least appealing. I'd take the grass cat, though I have no doubt it'll evolve into something hideous later. I'm still mad about Litten.

I'm surprised they went back to colour titles. There were so many non-colour possibilities: Pokemon Rock & Pokemon Roll, Pokemon Apples & Pokemon Oranges, Pokemon Sex & Pokemon Drugs, Pokemon Bros & Pokemon Hoes...they should let me name these things. I'll keep them going for centuries.

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
It's a good pair of names for this generation, however. Scarlet and Violet sound so much more dignified than Orange and Purple respectively, and they finally have all six main colors as versions now.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Y'all peep the prop setting before the gameplay shit kicked in?

We going to Spain boooooooooiz

Maddie

Acclaimed
I'll wait for the evolution announcements and/or whatever BS controversy GF decided to start due to being hacks

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
This is the first time in history that the fire starter has been the least appealing. I'd take the grass cat, though I have no doubt it'll evolve into something hideous later. I'm still mad about Litten.

I'm surprised they went back to colour titles. There were so many non-colour possibilities: Pokemon Rock & Pokemon Roll, Pokemon Apples & Pokemon Oranges, Pokemon Sex & Pokemon Drugs, Pokemon Bros & Pokemon Hoes...they should let me name these things. I'll keep them going for centuries.

Litten pisses me off. This better not be bipedal and better not turn into some giant muscle cat. Like please let's just a Primarina situation where the final form is kinda graceful.

Maddie

Acclaimed
If V/S turns out to be another controversial shitshow like SwSh I will be even more enraged and depressed that I'm in the timeline where SE shafted the Dragon Quest Monsters series from the west. Those 3DS games were ahead of their time.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Been hearing rumors that weed kitty will be bipedal for its final evolution.

Someone said it will be waifu bipedal at least, which is like at least less shitty? Maybe? Maybe it could look elegant? And not retarded and abominable? Maybe. Please. I don't like the other two starters.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Does anyone expect to see Black and White remakes after they release Scarlet and Violet?

Unlikely. While it has a passionate following I seem to recall that following being smaller than previous games.

Then again it's the only 2D game they have left to ruin so, maybe.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
BW is a weird case

poorly received at launch but now hugely celebrated by fans

remakes will come eventually but I don't expect it to be any time soon given how long they waited for DP remakes and Gen IV was way more popular at launch than V

and I mean let's be real after BDSP they don't really seem to be able to do good remakes any more. We are never getting another HGSS level game with the current design philosophy

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I meant moreso the constant cuts that started in SwSh which very much are their philosophy now

I don't want to rag on the national dex thing too much, but the more games they release without it the worse it looks, and this is especially true for remakes. You can justify it with a new game a little, because new pokemon and material are coming to it. But with a remake, part of the motivation is being able to see that generation brought up to the present day.

This is why BDSP is kind of useless to me, if I can't use any post Gen IV pokemon in it .... why wouldn't I just emulate Platinum instead? Had BDSP had interconnectivity with SWSH and other newer games I would have definitely bought them regardless of availability of the original gen iv games.

I just think this way of thinking hurts the games a lot in the long run, especially with how quickly they pump out new generations considering they refuse to patch anything in when that should be more than feasible in this day and age.

Legends Arceus it made sense, but SV are gonna keep it going, meaning pokemon just introduced the previous gen are gonna be locked there or sit on Home. They are using the same core models as I understand it since XY, so the workload should be a lot less then when they had to redraw brand new sprites every single game.

Back