Potential upgrades for the OBD wiki pages

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
You probably missed the conversations about it earlier in this thread, lol. Most of those links are outdated in the sense that half of them point to unfriendly URLs. The content and articles exist, but not in the format that those anchor tags were originally created with. I will provide a guide on how to fix those links at a later date, but first, I am trying to figure out how to compile a list of the links that actually need updating.
Yesterday I had a proble creating an account.

Sigismund

@Ral I have trouble creating an account.
I think @Nevermind has to add you manually, but I could always check with him to see what's up. Typically, that message you saw means that the email account used to send emails from the Wiki isn't working or that the mail settings aren't correctly configured in the control panel.
I just ran into the same problem trying to make my own account lol

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Did you guys join? You can tell me your account names. They should be in there. You just don't get to edit until approved.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
You should just tell me your account name.

Note I'm extremely busy right now so I'll take care of that administrative stuff later.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm currently working on generating a list of broken and outdated links on the Wiki, and I have noticed a mismatch between using non-friendly URLs (e.g., view=article&id=15&catid=2) and friendly URLs (e.g., profiles/8-character-profiles/586-character-profile-lars-ul-meta-licana). This mismatch could have been a result of the upgrade we performed on the Wiki, which may have turned off friendly URLs as it is the default behavior of the application when it's freshly installed or upgraded in a non-standard manner.

To address this issue, we will need to enable friendly URLs again and update all of the links that use non-friendly URLs throughout the entire Wiki. This task may require some time and effort to accomplish. Additionally, as part of the overhaul, we should consider locally uploading and attaching images to the articles since some of the images are no longer available from their original sources.

There is also an issue with poorly formatted articles where there is excessive spacing between the start of the article and the actual text. This can be easily resolved by verifying the formatting and removing unnecessary spacing between these two sections.

Once we complete these necessary steps, the Wiki will be in better shape, and we can work towards improving other aspects of the Wiki overall. In the meantime, while I compile this list, I'll be looking into the first fix, which involves turning on friendly URLs for SEO purposes.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I'm wondering, can't you make a bot with the sole purpose of clicking links on the site? And perhaps if the link send the bot to the 404 page, the bot records the link that sent it there in a txt doc?

Or do you already have a way to differentiate between friendly and unfriendly links?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm wondering, can't you make a bot with the sole purpose of clicking links on the site? And perhaps if the link send the bot to the 404 page, the bot records the link that sent it there in a txt doc?

Or do you already have a way to differentiate between friendly and unfriendly links?
I forgot to post the screenshots of the tool I'm using lol here it is:

y1j7kuZ.png

Dmt7BZF.png

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
@Thegoldenboy2188, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, lol. In addition to the mismatched links, there are cases where there are links to sites that no longer exist or have changed their domain completely, such as NF > FV. Furthermore, there are still links that are prefixed with "http" instead of "https." On top of all that, there are references to what I believe is the current Wiki's predecessor, which was hosted on Wikispaces. For example, https://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/history?view=article&id=3219&catid=8 is a prime example of an article with outdated links out the wazoo :blobfacade

2024 OBD top tier goal = we should finish fixing this relic together and bring it up to current times!! :osoba

@Nevermind does this sound like a solid gameplan to you?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
@Thegoldenboy2188, and that's just the tip of the iceberg, lol. In addition to the mismatched links, there are cases where there are links to sites that no longer exist or have changed their domain completely, such as NF > FV. Furthermore, there are still links that are prefixed with "http" instead of "https." On top of all that, there are references to what I believe is the current Wiki's predecessor, which was hosted on Wikispaces. For example, https://outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/history?view=article&id=3219&catid=8 is a prime example of an article with outdated links out the wazoo :blobfacade

2024 OBD top tier goal = we should finish fixing this relic together and bring it up to current times!! :osoba

@Nevermind does this sound like a solid gameplan to you?
That sounds like a lot of work...but I have fate you can do it!

HN5vwPj.png

I really want to help but uh, I only started my beginner CS course, and I'm stuck with a teacher who doesn't actually want to teach anything, meaning I don't even know any code other than snippets of C++.
:catcry

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
That sounds like a lot of work...but I have fate you can do it!
Tis the best way I know how to contribute towards the OBD to make us stand above the rest :catbuff

I'm stuck with a teacher who doesn't actually want to teach anything, meaning I don't even know any code other than snippets of C++.
:breh

University or bootcamp? If he's from the former, he needs to be fired, and if he's from the latter, get your money back guaranteed :hestonpls

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Tis the best way I know how to contribute towards the OBD to make us stand above the rest :catbuff

:breh

University or bootcamp? If he's from the former, he needs to be fired, and if he's from the latter, get your money back guaranteed :hestonpls
Cuny.

Legit the entire class complained to the head of cs about how he doesn't actually teach anything and there response "each teacher has different ways of teaching"

• Kek
Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Cuny.

Legit the entire class complained to the head of cs about how he doesn't actually teach anything and there response "each teacher has different ways of teaching"

How is this man still employed?! :shocked

That's why I loved every moment of WGU, it was self-paced, and you pretty much had most of the tools you need to get your assignments and studying done without a useless professor giving boring ass lectures :skully

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
SO i kinda wanna point out that although we have a lot of stuff listed under destructive capacity and what those numbers mean, we never really show our work on any of that stuff so its literally just a bunch of numbers that are backed up by "trust us dudes" is there anyway we can have a section showing people how we got to those numbers or how they can get those numbers themselves if they want to double check our work

Back