• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Soulsborne Discussion, Feats & Analysis

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
DLC really establishes that you are that guy. I mean the main game is already about how you have the strength befitting an Elden Lord, but this DLC goes overboard on that plot point. Why did you even need the Fingerslayer Blade for Ranni? You murdered The Mother of Fingers. Like where do you even sit at? It is ridiculous. You are literal god slayer tier, and somehow everything goes wrong for most of your friends and/or allies. They either get killed, turned into giant balls, or you have to kill them when they go crazy. Fucking hate how little choice matters in an RPG where you are literally El Hermano.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
the not being able to make any real choices is very strange in the DLC, in the base game the outcomes make somewhat more sense because you actually have a lot of agency in shaping the world and you're sort of competing with a lot of other people. From games have always kinda had the "wait why am I doing this?" aspect to some bosses and NPCs but I think the biggest storytelling flaw in this DLC is that this is the first time there is no reason we can't just side with Miquella like we did Ranni, or something like that. No clue why Miyazaki didn't make this impact the ending, since Ringed City offered an entire alternate path from the first flame in dark souls so it's not like he hasn't done it before. As weird as Miquella is we're never really given any indication he's wrong. And even if he was, we can join the god damn Frenzied Flame so why not him too???

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
It is actually very cool that Thiollier and Ansbach have their own, not evil, motivations to leave Miquella's fellowship and help us fight Radahn, but then why are we only allowed to side with them? I know Leda's a backstabbing nutjob but Dane, Moore, and Freyja are pretty decent people. Hornsent is fairly justified in his rage although his whole arc is kinda illustrating how we got here in the first place so I get why he would always die.

Back