• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Spider-Man (Raimi) vs Wolverine (Fox)

Yeah, that was the weirdest moment in X2 as Wolverine was out for like 2-3 minutes from a single shot to the head when in the earlier and later films, he takes far worse punishment(Rogue draining his life and Dark Phoenix literally blowing chunks of his body) without losing consciousness whatsoever.

EDIT: Though to be real, Wolverine always had a huge weakness of being able to knock him out through concussions which is what Green Scar Hulk did to him in WWH. So I find it weird Peter can't do the same despite outclassing him hard in strength.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
He’s a completely different beast in X3 and XMen origins. In in terms of bullet timing in X-Men Origins he powerscales against Wade deflecting Machine Gun fire, but Wade is clearly faster.

In X3 he can regenerate from Jean who could decamate someone like Xavier to pulp, and he cuts off a sentinels head in the danger room.

If it were X2 and Logan he’d probably die against Toby considering he literally got knocked out by a bullet and Peter is clearly stronger.
See I can understand him overall tanking and regenerating from stuff worse then a bullet, it's just that I think the reason he even got knocked out was more that the bullet hit him in the skull where if it hit him anywhere else he would have just shrugged it off no problem. The fact that an Adamantium Bullet also knocked him out, even if it should be way stronger then a normal bullet, tells me he is more vulnerable to hits to the head. He can regenerate faster to disintegration but I don't know if that was just him being stronger or Jean purposely holding back on killing him or if it was focused more on the rest of his body rather then his head.

Yeah, that was the weirdest moment in X2 as Wolverine was out for like 2-3 minutes from a single shot to the head when in the earlier and later films, he takes far worse punishment(Rogue draining his life and Dark Phoenix literally blowing chunks of his body) without losing consciousness whatsoever.
Logan’s regen and durability in the first movies was plot convinience.

He literally got knocked out by Sabertooth hitting him with a treebranch in the first movie

And was temporarily knocked out in a car crash just a few seconds before

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Lmao

To be fair, as shitty as X-Men Orgins is, it did give wolvie a much better feat against a bullet by having him tank it

Well that is a lot better as a feat then the scene in X2. Either that one was just an inconsistent low end feat or maybe if his attention is not off guard and he is preparing himself to get hit, like what happens in real life when even professional fighters or Soldier get knocked out for not expecting a hit, he can tank a normal bullet no problem. I can understand Adamantium doing the job because even the film itself has Logan test his blades against each other and they reflect off each other with great force just for touching, I assume Frost shooting him with a bullet of the same material would do the job.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Logan’s regen and durability in the first movies was plot convinience.

He literally got knocked out by Sabertooth hitting him with a treebranch in the first movie

And was temporarily knocked out in a car crash just a few seconds before

TBF even my dad felt the First and Second movie did not do justice to Wolverine as a fighter back in the days we first watched those flicks. He especially hated how Mystique was kicking his ass and making him look like a chump when he read the comics and said he was one of the best hand to hand fighters in the whole X-Men.

TBF even my dad felt the First and Second movie did not do justice to Wolverine as a fighter back in the days we first watched those flicks. He especially hated how Mystique was kicking his ass and making him look like a chump when he read the comics and said he was one of the best hand to hand fighters in the whole X-Men.
If you look at this in chronological order Wolverine was somehow stronger during the beginning of his adamantium infusuon than he is at the actual Xmen films.

Knocked out by a bullet, knocked out for hours by a tree branch vs Tanks bullets and keeps up with bullet timers like Origins Deadpool

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If you look at this in chronological order Wolverine was somehow stronger during the beginning of his adamantium infusuon than he is at the actual Xmen films.

Knocked out by a bullet, knocked out for hours by a tree branch vs Tanks bullets and keeps up with bullet timers like Origins Deadpool
Maybe the memory loss made him lose his memories of training and mental discipline that made him better suited to handle damages to his body, silly as that is. :kobeha

I do however buy that it made him a worse fighter because he lost his memory of all his training and experience that he gained over the years so him fighting like a chump in the first set of films could explain that.

Sigismund

Well if its like the comic continuity, Adamantium is supposed to be toxic to Wolverine, and hindered his healing factor.

Add in an Adamantium bullet lodged in his brain and it can make a bit of sense.

It even explains how he aged so fast from X3 to Logan, compared to the couple hundred years he was young before

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Garfield Spiderman is stronger but Tobeyman has the exp

Hollandman is the bottom rung of the ladder

He could still cut through his web with adamantium

If anything he's only going to delay Logan

Unless his punches can literally knock his head off it's going to be a fucking fight
How in the fuck is Holland's Spider-Man on the bottom rung when he clearly has better strength feats than Garfield and Tobey combined?

Holding together the ship, lifting up the factory to get free from being pinned, cold stopping Cul Obsidian's strike on Iron Man without looking strained, etc?

Holland is definitely physically the strongest of the three, Garfield is the fastest, and Tobey has the most experience.

However, they are all comparable to one another.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
How in the fuck is Holland's Spider-Man on the bottom rung when he clearly has better strength feats than Garfield and Tobey combined?

Holding together the ship, lifting up the factory to get free from being pinned, cold stopping Cul Obsidian's strike on Iron Man without looking strained, etc?
Holland never held together the ship, it was confirmed to be Stark's Bots that did it, the "factory" was just some rubble, we have nothing indicating it was the whole factory itself. Only stopping Cul's strike is anything impressive.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Holland never held together the ship, it was confirmed to be Stark's Bots that did it, the "factory" was just some rubble, we have nothing indicating it was the whole factory itself. Only stopping Cul's strike is anything impressive.
Where was it stated that it was Stark bots?

I mean it was a fairly large chunk of the building as seen at the end of the clip.

His lifting of that section was noticeably causing the rest of the wreckage to shift and crumble around him before crawling out of what looks like a huge section of the factory collapsed directly on him.

Not that it matters, as Cul was casually taking the Iron Man and Hulkbuster apart in his fights with them. Holland holding his own against him and one-hand, over-powering Winter Soldier's arm speaks to how strong he is. The same WS arm that was damaging Tony's most updated suit as of Civil War.

Back