• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Spider-Man (Raimi) vs Wolverine (Fox)

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Where was it stated that it was Stark bots?
In the movie dude.

Holland had to spam as much webbing as he could just to hold the thing for a few seconds and it still ripped apart and only when Stark and his bots came along did it start being held together.
I mean it was a fairly large chunk of the building as seen at the end of the clip.

Barely. It's just about as large as a big truck but no where near equivalent to the factory itself.
His lifting of that section was noticeably causing the rest of the wreckage to shift and crumble around him before crawling out of what looks like a huge section of the factory collapsed directly on him.
What "looks" big means nothing" what he actually lifted looked about as large or larger then a large pickup truck but nothing as impressive as you are saying it is.
Not that it matters, as Cul was casually taking the Iron Man and Hulkbuster apart in his fights with them. Holland holding his own against him and one-hand, over-powering Winter Soldier's arm speaks to how strong he is. The same WS arm that was damaging Tony's most updated suit as of Civil War.
Winter Soldier's arm was just titanium and Tony's suit was already damaged and even said to not be finished in CW. You're also ignoring that if you are using power scaling then whatever feats Tobey and Garfleid's villains have against Holland like Green Goblin Kicking his ass means they scale to them.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

He actively holds the ship together for 10 seconds without getting ripped apart or letting go.

Not impressive. He had to spam as much webbing as possible at multiple points and it still did not hold. Not to mention that scales more to Stark's tech, not Holland's own strength since Holland's webbing is inorganic unlike Tobey.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
In the movie dude.

Holland had to spam as much webbing as he could just to hold the thing for a few seconds and it still ripped apart and only when Stark and his bots came along did it start being held together.

Barely. It's just about as large as a big truck but no where near equivalent to the factory itself.

What "looks" big means nothing" what he actually lifted looked about as large or larger then a large pickup truck but nothing as impressive as you are saying it is.

Winter Soldier's arm was just titanium and Tony's suit was already damaged and even said to not be finished in CW. You're also ignoring that if you are using power scaling then whatever feats Tobey and Garfleid's villains have against Holland like Green Goblin Kicking his ass means they scale to them.

Don't talk down to me NF. I'm not a fucking moron. I'm aware they show up in the movie. 10 second after Holland was holding it. But sure ignore that.

It speaks to the durability of the webbing sure AS WELL AS that Peter's strength. The webbing by itself started to fail. So, Peter grabbed a shitton of it and fires new webbing and took the brunt of the weight for 10 seconds. Don't be disingenuous and blatantly downplay something because either supports your stance.

You are downplaying once again as we see him crawl out of that very same wreckage with tons of shit on top of him. However, since there is no quantifiable way to measure the load, we can absolutely put this feat aside. The ship, Iron Man, and Cul are far more impressive anyways.

Tony's suit was fucking untouched before then fight with Winter Soldier and Captain America. It was those two that directly caused every bit of damage on that suit. With the majority of it being down from Winter Soldier's arm. Are you being deliberately obtuse or have you forgotten about the entirety of that ending sequence?

Not impressive. He had to spam as much webbing as possible at multiple points and it still did not hold. Not to mention that scales more to Stark's tech, not Holland's own strength since Holland's webbing is inorganic unlike Tobey.
See above.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Also I said that all of the Spiderman are comparable already. Holland is just naturally physically stronger than Garfield and Tobey (as shown by the feats).

Garfield is faster (as shown by the feats).

Tobey has unquestionably the most experience.

There isn't a huge metric of difference between them. But there are differences.

Goblin beat up Holland in a fight where that Peter still thought he had a chance at helping all of the villains and was holding back.

We saw what Holland's Spider-Man did to Goblin the moment he got serious in that end fight. He massacred Osborn in an utter shit-stomping despite being injured.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Don't talk down to me NF. I'm not a fucking moron. I'm aware they show up in the movie. 10 second after Holland was holding it. But sure ignore that.
I ignored nothing and mentioned the few seconds he held it dude. I am simply stating it is not that impressive what with him needing to spam a lot of webbing just to start holding it for a few seconds and it still breaking apart. Chill out with the attitude.
It speaks to the durability of the webbing sure AS WELL AS that Peter's strength. The webbing by itself started to fail. So, Peter grabbed a shitton of it and fires new webbing and took the brunt of the weight for 10 seconds. Don't be disingenuous and blatantly downplay something because either supports your stance.
Lol spare me the use of the term "disingenuous" when all he did was try and fail to hold it together with his own strength until Stark Came along. The webbing itself, after spamming as much as he did, was the only thing sorta holding it together and when that failed he tried to hold with his own strength and only slowed it down at best but never held it still until Stark came along. Don't exaggerate shit just to make your point seem right.
You are downplaying once again as we see him crawl out of that very same wreckage with tons of shit on top of him. However, since there is no quantifiable way to measure the load, we can absolutely put this feat aside. The ship, Iron Man, and Cul are far more impressive anyways.
Wrong, you are acting salty because I state said the wreckage is not that huge after you made the overblown claim he was lifting up "the factory" when it is no where near that. We put the feat aside because it is no where near as impressive as you claimed, but fine with me if you concede on that point while trying to save face.
Tony's suit was fucking untouched before then fight with Winter Soldier and Captain America.
Bullshit did you ignore the whole Airport fight? Tony himself had a bruised arm for fuck's sake, no way in hell was he "untouched".

1:40
Gets hit by around two to three cars falling on him. Outright says "yeah I just detected that" implying it hurt him even with the suit.
2:20
You see Steve and Stark in the initial clash where Stark takes some directs hits not only from Cap and his shield but from Hawk eye hitting Tony with a projectile.

Ant man gets inside Tony's suit and starts messing with it.
0:56 Tony takes another direct hit from Falcon's projectiles.
2:14 Falcon dropkicks Tony.
2:43 Tony's info graphs showing his arm is damaged which fits with it being bruised right after.
2:51 Get's hit in the head by another of Falcon's projectiles.

Just to confirm that Tony's arm was in a bandage and that he indeed, took damage right before and was not in best condition before going off to face Steven and Bucky.

"untouched" my ass.
It was those two that directly caused every bit of damage on that suit. With the majority of it being down from Winter Soldier's arm. Are you being deliberately obtuse or have you forgotten about the entirety of that ending sequence?
No, but you sure as hell are being obtuse in ignoring the damage Tony took in the previous fight that was not even a day old, not to mention you are acting overly sensitive in the debate with your heavy vitriol. Calm your tits dude.
See above.
Right back at you.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Also I said that all of the Spiderman are comparable already. Holland is just naturally physically stronger than Garfield and Tobey (as shown by the feats).
Wrong as shown by how unimpressive the feats really were.
Goblin beat up Holland in a fight where that Peter still thought he had a chance at helping all of the villains and was holding back.
Lol bullshit holding back never stopped Holland from still showcasing his strength and yet that is supposed to be the excuse for Goblin kicking his ass easily?
We saw what Holland's Spider-Man did to Goblin the moment he got serious in that end fight. He massacred Osborn in an utter shit-stomping despite being injured.
Yes and? Toby did the same while even more injured and that was because he was busy saving people not to react in time to Goblin's smoke bombs which did most of the damage. Not to mention Tobey put up a better fight in the previous two bouts against Goblin where he was not fully angered, Holland got his ass beat worse by comparison.

Garfield is faster (as shown by the feats).

Tobey has unquestionably the most experience.

There isn't a huge metric of difference between them. But there are differences.

That makes no damn sense...
Holland didn't hold back against The Goblin at any point in their fight, he got his ass destroyed because he didn't realize how strong he was.

I don't think pushing someone through a BALCONY is "holding back" amongst still attacking him while he's on the ground... the only reason Holland won the last fight was the same as Tobey but here's the key difference:

Tobey got surprised attacked by Goblin before the video started and even before he had a chance to reorient, he ate a PUMPKIN BOMB pointblank to the face and not only took that but was still taking heavy abuse from Goblin even after that and destroyed Goblin despite all of that once he pressed the MJ button.

Not even remotely the same.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
I ignored nothing and mentioned the few seconds he held it dude. I am simply stating it is not that impressive what with him needing to spam a lot of webbing just to start holding it for a few seconds and it still breaking apart. Chill out with the attitude.

Lol spare me the use of the term "disingenuous" when all he did was try and fail to hold it together with his own strength until Stark Came along. The webbing itself, after spamming as much as he did, was the only thing sorta holding it together and when that failed he tried to hold with his own strength and only slowed it down at best but never held it still until Stark came along. Don't exaggerate shit just to make your point seem right.

Wrong, you are acting salty because I state said the wreckage is not that huge after you made the overblown claim he was lifting up "the factory" when it is no where near that. We put the feat aside because it is no where near as impressive as you claimed, but fine with me if you concede on that point while trying to save face.

Bullshit did you ignore the whole Airport fight? Tony himself had a bruised arm for fuck's sake, no way in hell was he "untouched".

1:40
Gets hit by around two to three cars falling on him. Outright says "yeah I just detected that" implying it hurt him even with the suit.
2:20
You see Steve and Stark in the initial clash where Stark takes some directs hits not only from Cap and his shield but from Hawk eye hitting Tony with a projectile.

Ant man gets inside Tony's suit and starts messing with it.
0:56 Tony takes another direct hit from Falcon's projectiles.
2:14 Falcon dropkicks Tony.
2:43 Tony's info graphs showing his arm is damaged which fits with it being bruised right after.
2:51 Get's hit in the head by another of Falcon's projectiles.

Just to confirm that Tony's arm was in a bandage and that he indeed, took damage right before and was not in best condition before going off to face Steven and Bucky.

"untouched" my ass.

No, but you sure as hell are being obtuse in ignoring the damage Tony took in the previous fight that was not even a day old, not to mention you are acting overly sensitive in the debate with your heavy vitriol. Calm your tits dude.

Right back at you.

I didn't exaggerate shit. You entirely assigned the 10 seconds of him holding the ship together to the bots and then the webbing. You are wrong on both counts. He held it himself using the webbing as the tool to allow him to apply his strength. His arms are pulled fully sure. It hurt him sure. But he actively held it stationary for at least 5 seconds. Cased closed.

The suit had been repaired by that point since the initial battle. You can see there is no damage to the suit. The movie actively address that TONY is injured. I never said Tony wasn't injured. Tony's suit is unharmed. You are either ignoring what I said or being disingenuous once again. So spare me.

Not trying to save face. There is just no quantifiable way of measuring the feat. But way to be pissy and petty. Never seen you act this way before.

Those feats are legit. You still are ignoring Cul's showing because it literally contradicts your everything you are saying.

Wrong as shown by how unimpressive the feats really were.

Lol bullshit holding back never stopped Holland from still showcasing his strength and yet that is supposed to be the excuse for Goblin kicking his ass easily?

Yes and? Toby did the same while even more injured and that was because he was busy saving people not to react in time to Goblin's smoke bombs which did most of the damage. Not to mention Tobey put up a better fight in the previous two bouts against Goblin where he was not fully angered, Holland got his ass beat worse by comparison.
Yeah because he is not actively trying to kill these people NF. It's literally the entire plot of the movie. He's actively not utilizing his full abilities because he's not wanting to murder anyone. Once again ignoring, but this time the entire plot of the movie.

Tobey did not put up a better performance against Goblin. Their entire fight lasted nearly 5 minutes where he was getting shit-stomped until he pulled it out at the end. Holland beat Goblin down in around 1 minute during their battle when he was going for the kill.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but they are all comparable to one another. However, to say that Holland is below the other two when we are directly shown that he has better physical feats than either is blatant downplay.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Even Garfield's character actively states that all of the Spider-Men hold back in fights.

"I stopped pulling my punches. I got bitter. I don't want to see that happen to you."

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I didn't exaggerate shit. You entirely assigned the 10 seconds of him holding the ship together to the bots and then the webbing.
Yes you did exaggerate shit Einstein. You tried to pass off Holland spamming webbing to hold the Ferry together for a few seconds as his own strength when that was just the webbing and when he tried to hold it with his strength after that failed it proceeded to fall apart despite that.
You are wrong on both counts. He held it himself using the webbing as the tool to allow him to apply his strength. His arms are pulled fully sure. It hurt him sure. But he actively held it stationary for at least 5 seconds. Cased closed.
Wrong. He held nothing. Did you even watch the scene? the ship kept moving despite him trying to pull it and all he did at best was slow it.
The suit had been repaired by that point since the initial battle. You can see there is no damage to the suit.
How repaired? Tony had little time after the battle to get it fully repaired and the fact he was injured would also hamper his performance since he needs his limbs in order to even pilot the thing properly.
The movie actively address that TONY is injured. I never said Tony wasn't injured. Tony's suit is unharmed. You are either ignoring what I said or being disingenuous once again. So spare me.
Having a clean paint job does not make the suit fresh and considering how lousy that Suit's performance was throughout the entire movie it's doubtful it was ever in top shape with how Cap and Bucky were doing a better job against Tony then fucking Thor was in the original Avengers against a weaker suit. You're just arguing semantics at this point to try to derail the thread so piss off with that.
Not trying to save face. There is just no quantifiable way of measuring the feat. But way to be pissy and petty. Never seen you act this way before.
You literally said he was "lifting up the factory to get free from being pinned" then when the scene is actually posted it was anything but that and then you tried to move the goal post by talking about the debris around it when it still does not come close to your original claim, now you're just trying to brush it off and focus on the Cul feat when I said from the start that was the only impressive feat you mentioned. You're being a hypocritical cunt right now trying to call me out for being pissy when you were the first one to start acting like that to begin with after I responded with just around two posts without ever insulting you. How about read your own posts before replying smartass.
Those feats are legit. You still are ignoring Cul's showing because it literally contradicts your everything you are saying.
"ignoring" earth to jackass, I literally said from the start Cul is the only feat worth mentioning
Holland never held together the ship, it was confirmed to be Stark's Bots that did it, the "factory" was just some rubble, we have nothing indicating it was the whole factory itself. Only stopping Cul's strike is anything impressive.
Are you on your PMS month or something? you're bitchy attitude you got going on seems to be causing you to miss what my posts were even talking about.
Yeah because he is not actively trying to kill these people NF. It's literally the entire plot of the movie. He's actively not utilizing his full abilities because he's not wanting to murder anyone. Once again ignoring, but this time the entire plot of the movie.
Xho already posted how full of shit you are. Holland was not holding back enough to not try to get some serious hits on Osborn and yet he still did almost nothing and got his ass kicked. He dropped kicked him through concrete and Osborne got right up without any issue, hell when Holland was trying to punch him repeatedly Osborne was fucking smiling showing off how little it effected him. In comprehension he made sure to grab and block Tobey's first hit at him and tried to not get hit which tells us even when both are holding back Osborne takes Tobey's strength more seriously.
Tobey did not put up a better performance against Goblin. Their entire fight lasted nearly 5 minutes where he was getting shit-stomped until he pulled it out at the end. Holland beat Goblin down in around 1 minute during their battle when he was going for the kill.
Wrong, he did. You clearly did not pay attention to any of the previous fights before the final one

Gets a drop kick in while Goblin is distracted that knocked him off his glider, first time he tries to get a punch in Goblin blocks it, the fact he had his helmet on and still did that whereas he was laughing at Holland's punches he took with his exposed face should clue you in on something, and while he is focused on saving MJ he is still able to get a few hits in while receiving the worst of the exchange, and is then able to react despite focusing more on MJ to block Goblin's vision and cause his glider to malfunction. Considering that Holland was not only facing a partially armored Goblin, without his Glider most of the time, and with the Iron Spider Suit on, the fact is he performed much worse then Tobey did in his first fight.

Goblin starts off tricking him into a burning building and surprises him with a punch to the face and then proceeds to throw flying razors at him which he dodge all but one of them in the whole fight and despite being in a clear disadvantage in both environment and the tech surrounding him Tobey gets the better of the exchange and lays a combo on Norman that knocks him back and allows him to escape. Clearly looking more to get out rather then fight he performed way better then Holland did.
As for the last fight you ignore how the big reason Tobey was getting his ass beat was due to Goblin grabbing him with a wire and throwing him into the abandoned building and then right after hitting him with a Goblin Bomb that he took right in his face leaving him completely disoriented. Dude was barely able to find his footing much less focus on fighting Norman and in the same time despite taking way more damage immediately turned the tide when told MJ would die in about the same if not less time then Holland did.

So I need to ask, did you even watch the Raimi films?
I don't know how many times I have to say this, but they are all comparable to one another. However, to say that Holland is below the other two when we are directly shown that he has better physical feats than either is blatant downplay.
Except there is a clear distinction between Tobey and Holland that you are amendment to not accept while you try in vain to portray his feats as better when they have been shown to most assuredly not be. Hell you ignore how when Holland was bloodlusted and trying to kill Goblin with the Glider Tobey was there to hold him back and did so with almost no strain at all.

How in the fuck is Holland's Spider-Man on the bottom rung when he clearly has better strength feats than Garfield and Tobey combined?
I don’t wanna distract you from your debate with the homie @NostalgiaFan because its more fun 1on1 without dogpilling you. All respect to you dude.

But that’s honestly debatable. Reminder that him holding that ship temporarily was impressive but I wouldn’t call lifting the factory more impressive than stopping the train

Also Cull is powerscaling, and by that logic Green Goblin tanking Spider-Man’s hits allow him to scale. And don’t forget Doc Ock actually ripping apart MCU Spidey’s suit when it wouldn’t get damaged even by powerful dudes.

Holland is definitely physically the strongest of the three, Garfield is the fastest, and Tobey has the most experience.
I wouldn’t say Garfield is the fastest. Tobey seems to be the strongest and fastest since he’s the oldest. He beat Garfield in a quick draw and outmuscled Tom when he was bloodlusted. He also had an easier time with the villains like Ock and Gobby.

Garfield’s spider sense is still the best, but that just makes Tobey beating him at the quickdraw more impressive imo

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
I don’t wanna distract you from your debate with the homie @NostalgiaFan because its more fun 1on1 without dogpilling you. All respect to you dude.

But that’s honestly debatable. Reminder that him holding that ship temporarily was impressive but I wouldn’t call lifting the factory more impressive than stopping the train

Also Cull is powerscaling, and by that logic Green Goblin tanking Spider-Man’s hits allow him to scale. And don’t forget Doc Ock actually ripping apart MCU Spidey’s suit when it wouldn’t get damaged even by powerful dudes.

I wouldn’t say Garfield is the fastest. Tobey seems to be the strongest and fastest since he’s the oldest. He beat Garfield in a quick draw and outmuscled Tom when he was bloodlusted. He also had an easier time with the villains like Ock and Gobby.

Garfield’s spider sense is still the best, but that just makes Tobey beating him at the quickdraw more impressive imo
I can accept that reasoning. I concede.

Honestly the glider point that NF brought up is the most compelling to have Tobey above the rest.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Yes you did exaggerate shit Einstein. You tried to pass off Holland spamming webbing to hold the Ferry together for a few seconds as his own strength when that was just the webbing and when he tried to hold it with his strength after that failed it proceeded to fall apart despite that.

Wrong. He held nothing. Did you even watch the scene? the ship kept moving despite him trying to pull it and all he did at best was slow it.

How repaired? Tony had little time after the battle to get it fully repaired and the fact he was injured would also hamper his performance since he needs his limbs in order to even pilot the thing properly.

Having a clean paint job does not make the suit fresh and considering how lousy that Suit's performance was throughout the entire movie it's doubtful it was ever in top shape with how Cap and Bucky were doing a better job against Tony then fucking Thor was in the original Avengers against a weaker suit. You're just arguing semantics at this point to try to derail the thread so piss off with that.

You literally said he was "lifting up the factory to get free from being pinned" then when the scene is actually posted it was anything but that and then you tried to move the goal post by talking about the debris around it when it still does not come close to your original claim, now you're just trying to brush it off and focus on the Cul feat when I said from the start that was the only impressive feat you mentioned. You're being a hypocritical cunt right now trying to call me out for being pissy when you were the first one to start acting like that to begin with after I responded with just around two posts without ever insulting you. How about read your own posts before replying smartass.

"ignoring" earth to jackass, I literally said from the start Cul is the only feat worth mentioning

Are you on your PMS month or something? you're bitchy attitude you got going on seems to be causing you to miss what my posts were even talking about.

Xho already posted how full of shit you are. Holland was not holding back enough to not try to get some serious hits on Osborn and yet he still did almost nothing and got his ass kicked. He dropped kicked him through concrete and Osborne got right up without any issue, hell when Holland was trying to punch him repeatedly Osborne was fucking smiling showing off how little it effected him. In comprehension he made sure to grab and block Tobey's first hit at him and tried to not get hit which tells us even when both are holding back Osborne takes Tobey's strength more seriously.

Wrong, he did. You clearly did not pay attention to any of the previous fights before the final one

Gets a drop kick in while Goblin is distracted that knocked him off his glider, first time he tries to get a punch in Goblin blocks it, the fact he had his helmet on and still did that whereas he was laughing at Holland's punches he took with his exposed face should clue you in on something, and while he is focused on saving MJ he is still able to get a few hits in while receiving the worst of the exchange, and is then able to react despite focusing more on MJ to block Goblin's vision and cause his glider to malfunction. Considering that Holland was not only facing a partially armored Goblin, without his Glider most of the time, and with the Iron Spider Suit on, the fact is he performed much worse then Tobey did in his first fight.

Goblin starts off tricking him into a burning building and surprises him with a punch to the face and then proceeds to throw flying razors at him which he dodge all but one of them in the whole fight and despite being in a clear disadvantage in both environment and the tech surrounding him Tobey gets the better of the exchange and lays a combo on Norman that knocks him back and allows him to escape. Clearly looking more to get out rather then fight he performed way better then Holland did.
As for the last fight you ignore how the big reason Tobey was getting his ass beat was due to Goblin grabbing him with a wire and throwing him into the abandoned building and then right after hitting him with a Goblin Bomb that he took right in his face leaving him completely disoriented. Dude was barely able to find his footing much less focus on fighting Norman and in the same time despite taking way more damage immediately turned the tide when told MJ would die in about the same if not less time then Holland did.

So I need to ask, did you even watch the Raimi films?

Except there is a clear distinction between Tobey and Holland that you are amendment to not accept while you try in vain to portray his feats as better when they have been shown to most assuredly not be. Hell you ignore how when Holland was bloodlusted and trying to kill Goblin with the Glider Tobey was there to hold him back and did so with almost no strain at all.

As I said in the above post with Sailor, honestly the cold stopping the of Hollands downward stroke is the only thing i can't argue against. I concede.

I can accept that reasoning. I concede.

Honestly the glider point that NF brought up is the most compelling to have Tobey above the rest.
It’s funny. Tom has the best fight scenes and the center of the movie, Andrew has the best character development, and Tobey gets the most honor by directly being “superior” to the others as the oldest.

I’m sure Tommy boy will grow later on. They are all relative enough that it almost doesn’t even matter.

glad we come to an agreement fam. Good to see another OBD’er here. Its been a while since I’ve seen you dude

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Honestly with how you act normally I was taken off guard by how you acted and was guessing it was something personal so I am sorry if you are having a bad day. I accept your apology and let's let bygones be bygones.
Yeah it was. It's been resolved and I'm playing some Super Mario RPG with the wife to cool down. All good.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Garfield Spiderman is stronger but Tobeyman has the exp

Hollandman is the bottom rung of the ladder

He could still cut through his web with adamantium

If anything he's only going to delay Logan

Unless his punches can literally knock his head off it's going to be a fucking fight
But you see when Tobey webs him up, he'd be webbing up his arms and limbs. He wouldn't be able to cut the webs because his arms and hands are immobile. Wolverine CAN cut the webs but not if his movement is completely neutralized. Though I do agree that it wouldn't be fair to low-end Logan's durability to getting tinged by a bullet from X2. If he was consistently that easy to knock out then he would be KO'd on the floor (family guy style) from the mental strain and anguish of Jean pulling his atoms apart in X3.

Last edited:
Back