• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Spider-Man (Raimi) vs Wolverine (Fox)

If you are divorcing Wolverine’s durabiliy from his adamantium skeleton

That really stops wolvie from being more durable in general

Between the two, Peter’s tanked more damaging attacks with less injury. Meanwhile Wolverine always had to depend on his regeneration and skeleton.

The way I see it Pete has enough strength to knock him out, and his webs can restrain him
Well okay perhaps I may have mixed up regen for his natural inherent durability on his flesh. But his adamantium skeleton should be more durable than Tobey. He did survive a portion of the Nagasaki nuke attack.

I guess I meant to say that his regeneration and soak will make this a closer fight than anyone thinks if it's a battle by death or attrition. And plus for the record, his Adamantium Claws was able to pierce and kill Phoenix Jean Grey (though one can argue that was just a nasty case of PIS). Which means if Peter's throat was within striking distance and was unlucky enough to come directly in contact with Logan's claws, it's game over for Tobey. But really I think that's the only wincon that Wolverine has and it's not a completely impossible outcome but it is a highly unlikely one though. Otherwise, it's practically a stalemate.

But yes under regular circumstances, Spidey just simply webs up Wolvie from a distance and calls it a day.

Back