Star Wars vs To Aru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
even without getting into the infinity stuff the text seems to be very explicit that the magic gods can casually nuke the universe by stepping into it, I don't see what's controversial about that

what we've been waiting on the RT to be finished for is to determine how far above universe level the MGs were
Yeah, that's why I kept bringing it up because that's... kind of important. Can't do much if everything goes "pop" round start.

Asking again, can high tier Force users survive that through becoming a Force ghost/energy/projection or w/e it was? Because I recall that being a thing they can do.
I want to say yes, but I'm not that familiar with it, hence why I'm asking.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
the bedlam spirits are casually universal too from what i remember but i have no clue who or what scales to/above them

force is supposed to be a multiversal constant but again no clue who scales, I haven't seen claims for oneness Luke made for beyond universal

im no eu expert though i only know bits and pieces

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Really doesn't matter whether it makes sense, though. If a novel says 1+1=3 you just gotta roll with it. You can't rewrite the novel because you think its internal logic doesn't work. All that one can do is to reason based on the novel's own logic.
That doesn't work for VS matches when its not in its own setting and we have to externalize that with other universes/fictions.

the bedlam spirits are casually universal too from what i remember but i have no clue who or what scales to/above them

force is supposed to be a multiversal constant but again no clue who scales, I haven't seen claims for oneness Luke made for beyond universal

im no eu expert though i only know bits and pieces
The Father, The Son, The Daughter, and Abeloth would are also universal.

Revan with Balance of the Force sounds similar to Oneness and universal might apply to him.
Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in its purest form.
Source: Star Wars The Old Republic - Revan
> As his grandfather had done, he had broken through the apparent opposites that concealed the absolute nature of the Force, and found his way into an unseen unity that existed beyond the seeming separateness of the world. For a moment all the cosmic tumblers had clicked into place, and light and dark sides became something he could balance within himself, without having to remain on one side or the other.
Source: Star Wars New Jedi Order - The Unifying Force

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Why's Lilith universal again? :hm
Casually blocked Magick:Flaming_Sword with her miracle and was kinda considered the opposite to Coronzon in general.
That doesn't work for VS matches when its not in its own setting and we have to externalize that with other universes/fictions.
Yeah, so... externalize it the same way you would externalize magic, the force, characters operating on altered laws of nature, characters that can manipulate logic etc.
If a character can do something in their verse they can do the same in a vs-debate. Don't see why yer trying to make it so complicated :hm

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Casually blocked Magick:Flaming_Sword with her miracle and was kinda considered the opposite to Coronzon in general.

Yeah, so... externalize it the same way you would externalize magic, the force, characters operating on altered laws of nature, characters that can manipulate logic etc.
If a character can do something in their verse they can do the same in a vs-debate. Don't see why yer trying to make it so complicated :hm
I thought it was more so that she trapped it in an infinite causal loop, rather than blocking it as if she put up a barrier?
I guess that doesn't really matter. :hm

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
We already do that, there is nothing complicated about it. There are always however stipulations and limits for matches that take place outside of their own universe or into settings with other ones; Neo's powers in the Matrix are specifically not the same outside of it. A character whose claimed to be omnipotent (Haruhi) in a story where there's only one confirmed universe isn't going to do well against cosmics from Marvel or DC comics or other stories who are "not" omnipotent, etc...

Churronzon

That's a no limits fallacy argument. No one in Toaru has shown any sort of mental or telepathic resistance on the scale of planetary to galactic+ level TP that Force-Users engage in. Not too mention resistance to reality warping has nothing to do with resistance to being mind-controlled, turning into a vegetable, or outright have their souls and minds taken away from them.
Far be it for me to say that immortality, regeneration, and universal-scale reality warping is more impressive than galactic telepathy.
I'd appreciate a citation on the instantaneous speed of thought you're talking about and proof that it's not hyperbole like you're claiming for the Toaru side.

Magic Gods resist the following hax they themselves possess and they also can't kill each other.
So I doubt the magic gods are doing any of that. Which further compounds my issue with ToAru supporters being disiningenuinous about certain things or feats with their series the last time I was here to get involved in a match up with them.
Sounds like you're asking for proof.
Time and fate manipulation among other things:
Magic God Othinus could control everything. Without exaggeration, she controlled the
world itself. If she wanted to, she could have galaxies collide to kill Kamijou Touma. Or
she could break the bonds between the particles making up his body and cause his very
existence to disperse. If she was the slightest bit dissatisfied with something, she could
turn back time, re-lay the rails of fate that led to the future, and create the exact result she
wanted.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 9 Chapter 8 Part 2
There's more quotes about passive fate/destiny manipulation and probability manipulation for Othinus if you want them.

Just looking at Chimera assaults your senses, burns your soul, drives people to madness, and gives you a boner:
“Chiiimeeeraaa. Now there’s an annoying one.”

“Who’s that?”

Kamisato strained his eyes to see through the smoky scenery.

Then his vision exploded with psychedelic colors.

He covered his face and screamed before the goddesses gave him a belated warning.

“Oh, a human like you should avoid looking right at her. It’s just like looking at the sun
though a normal telescope and your very soul will burn away if you have poor morals.”

“Honestly. That’s supposed to be too beautiful to bear? I just don’t understand humans.”

“Are you trying to ask what that is? It’s Chimera.”

[...]

“There’s a limit to the beauty you can produce by polishing the human body, so that
narcissistic and self-destructive pervert started taking in elements and structures from
other creatures. Even if it’s a reaction like the renaissance was to formal religious art, it’s
still frightening. Oh, and hearing her voice or smelling her scent could drive you mad, so
be careful.”

Some things were unavoidable even after being warned.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 17 Between the Lines 3
Magic Gods are unaffected by the Forgotten God's sensory/mind manipulation that makes him look like a David Lynch project:
“Sorry, sorry.” She did not seem to care much. “So this time it’s the Forgotten God. It’s
kind of sad. Lovecraft used him as reference material, but the fiction and nonfiction got
mixed together so badly his original form was completely forgotten! Didn’t people also
decide there was a connection to Crowley, so they stopped all research into this Magic
God’s historicity?

It was not that Kamisato could not see it due to a lack of light or due to great speed. He
could not comprehend it no matter how much he stared at it. Once again, the human and
the Magic Gods were likely perceiving it differently.

[...]

Kamisato could not see
what had happened. No, he could not comprehend it. At the very least, he could tell this
was different from the previous projectiles. The Forgotten God itself had likely charged in
from further down the tunnel.

He finally saw something.

It looked nothing like beautiful Niang-Niang and Nephthys. But what even was it? It was
extremely simplified yet incredibly eerie like a stick figure drawn by a small child
awkwardly holding a black crayon.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 17 Between the Lines 3

The universal entity, Othinus, created and destroyed billions of universes, but she couldn't detect or destroy the Hidden World where the True Magic Gods reside. This Hidden World encompasses "nonexistence".
It may have been wrong to refer to that place as dark. In fact, the word “place” was not
entirely accurate either. Non-existent things could not be explained. Nevertheless, a few
voices lurked within where no one could interfere.

[...]

“Oh, Niang-Niang. Where have you been?”

“The concepts of distance and time don’t matter here, remember? And I can’t leave
regardless. Even if I did, I’d just end up gathering unwanted attention on a global scale
like Othinus. I was a hair’s breadth and an infinite distance away.”

“Does the same go for the others?”

“Old man, did you start forgetting things once you became a mummy? The zombie girl,
the chimera, and everyone are here. It’s just in destiny’s hands whether we run across
each other in this place where the tiniest gap extends to an infinite distance
☆”

“If you think about it, you could call this our way of being ecological. We do it because the
world is too small for us to live in
, but it isn’t easy putting up with being here.”

The darkness audibly split apart.

An external power caused a vertical tear.

Othinus and Kamijou Touma had been wrong about one thing.

They had thought that world of darkness had been the full extent of the world. They had
assumed that pitch black despair had been the product of destroying everything and
leaving nothing at all behind.

But in truth, there had been one more layer. It was as uniform as a thin membrane, it had
not even the slightest seam, and it could not be detected or destroyed by anyone, but one
last phase had existed.

This black world was the place not even Magic God Othinus had been able to destroy.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 10 Epilogue
Does the Star Wars side have feats that would let them accomplish what Othinus couldn't?
Sounds like hyperbole to me.
Well it's not. True Magic Gods are infinitely stronger than universe busting Othinus. True Magic Gods twitching their legs would destroy any universe they try to enter.
“But, High Priest,” cut in a girl’s voice that sounded even younger and also childish. “Miss
Zombie’s theory is essentially the same as holding up opposing mirrors, right? By splitting
up our power infinitely, we can intentionally weaken ourselves and avoid destroying the
world whenever we move an arm or leg
.”

“What about it, Niang-Niang?”

“I’m just wondering if the symbol ∞ will really grow weaker when you split it up. I don’t
want to smash the world up like stained glass the first step I take
. We’re not like Othinus.”

“It doesn’t matter if it’s a mere deception as long as it works. Just like a Moebius strip or
a Klein bottle, some concepts are allowed to exist even if they can’t be properly defined,
Niang-Niang.”

“Yeah, but I prefer practical ideas over theories. You could say I’m the inventor type
instead of the scientist type. I have a hard time believing it’ll actually work just because
the theories all add up. I can’t rest easy until I try it out for myself and see that it works.”

“Then how about we try it?”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 12 Prologue
Yes I recall this being brought up many times as well. Which is why I generally don't trust why so many LN writers love to wank off that kind of jargon when its not really observable or definite outside of statements.
I absolutely agree. I don't give a shit about the infinity and beyond AP crap either because who wants to get a PHD to figure all that out. I would place True Magic Gods at Universal+ as well and be done with it. The ironic part is that the author is still less "jargonistic" than the definition this site uses for infinity.
Unless you get into Set Theory, there's no difference between one size of infinity and another. Debating anyone past universal+ is pointless.
How? If you want to argue this, make a debate thread in the Meta-Battledome. Marvel writers obsessed with cosmology go to Cantor and Cardinality Laws all the time to justify "levels" of greater infinity for the scale of their "omniverse" or whatever the fuck they call it.
The scaling used on this site doesn't use set theory/cardinalities to begin with so it actually contradicts your argument. There's no difference between destroying an infinite sized universe and an infinite sized multiverse since they are part of the same cardinality. Suggsverse makes this same mistake as well. Lionel kept trying to stack infinite multiverses on top of each other in order to create petaverses(and so on and so forth), not knowing that they are part of the same cardinality and thus all dictate the same size.

So universe+, multiverse+, megaverse+, etc. are all the same exact size.
Dormammu doesn't have infinite power even in the Dark Dimension, neither does Shuma Gorath in his dimension, not even The One Above Fucking All or The Presence have Infinitely Infinite Power in their Avatar forms... because most writers know that shit is bullocks. And again, them being able to be knocked from Infinite to Finite kinda goes against them being Infinitely Infinite at all.
Looks like you agree with me that the current scaling doesn't make sense since it has the possibility of smaller and greater infinities.

If you want the greatest proof and reason for why scaling like these don't make any sense(and gets clowned on for not using set theory), then you don't need to look any further than realizing that by these standards, Toaru reaches omniversal from stacking as many infinite-sized gaps inside the Hidden World that you want, ad infinitum.
It’s just in destiny’s hands whether we run across
each other in this place where the tiniest gap extends to an infinite distance☆”
Note that this is not what I believe, since the entire premise is flawed to begin with. While set theory prevents this problem, it also opens up a whole bunch of other issues, so who gives a fuck tbh.

Edit: Wait, isn't everything about magic gods banned? Hell, I'd recommend banning all entities that are universal+ and higher.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And just in case it’s brought up that Kamisato survived the mind fuck of those two Magic Gods, besides them being nerfed, the novel does show throughout that encounter that he was being passively protected by Nephthys and Niang-Niang the whole time.

Magic Gods can take any attack from another and have been doing so for who knows how long. Nether of those two were mind-fucking the rest into submission

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I'm pretty sure the MGs aren't stronger than Othinus, the only reason we have to believe that is because she wasn't invited to the party and didn't know about their private infinite dimension, which is mainly because they're salty as fuck that she can control her power and she won the Toumabowl, thus calling her a failure. :mjlol

And considering irl Aleister stuff, he considers Ra, Zeus, and Odin to be the strongest gods there are, so yeah that's something to note.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You got a nerfed Niang-Niang fighting Coronzon. Outcome being Niang-Niang no worse for wear while Coronzon was beaten and forced to flee. And Coronzon is at least as strong as Othinus was at her best

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You got a nerfed Niang-Niang fighting Coronzon. Outcome being Niang-Niang no worse for wear while Coronzon was beaten and forced to flee. And Coronzon is at least as strong as Othinus was at her best
Well yeah, but isn't Coronzon only that strong when in the Abyss of Da'at?

When she has a physical vessel, much like Aiwass, she's not nearly as strong as her "true form" is.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well yeah, but isn't Coronzon only that strong when in the Abyss of Da'at?

When she has a physical vessel, much like Aiwass, she's not nearly as strong as her "true form" is.
No, she easily fired off an attack more powerful than Othinus’ Gungnir with just a physical vessel

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Wasn't it only said to be comparable though? :hm
Stronger since Touma could stop Othinus’ Gungnir yet failed to do the same against Coronzon’s Flaming Sword. Point is even a nerfed True Magic God beat an at least Othinus level opponent, proving their claims of superiority to her

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Far be it for me to say that immortality, regeneration, and universal-scale reality warping is more impressive than galactic telepathy.
High Tiers and above are universal level telepaths, not galactic.
I'd appreciate a citation on the instantaneous speed of thought you're talking about and proof that it's not hyperbole like you're claiming for the Toaru side.
Speed of thought is by definition, instantaneous; Sidious also displayed this when visibly Force-Choking/TKing the fuck out of Dooku with line of sight alone in TCW despite the latter being on Christophis on the opposite end of the galaxy from Coruscant, presumably where Sidious was sending his holo-communications from in The Works district. No time delay, no lag, or anything.

Though I'm fully fine though with MFTL Force powers if you want to go with that instead to work Occham's Razor into this. Nihilus was powering and navigating his massive fleet of damaged and only held together by the dark side of the Force with his power. Also the famous Jax Pavan and I-Five laser beam example.

Anyway I was going to go by a point by point refutation of your claims and quotes but it looks like your drawing from the same primarily source of "character statements" alone rather then providing feats as they happen so again don't tickle yourself surprised when this makes me suspicious of what is being claimed or the general perception of how Toaru is treated here.

Which still makes me feel rather comfortable that any high-tier Force-User let alone the god tiers would rip and tear through Toaru and its magic gods like a hot knife through butter.

The scaling used on this site doesn't use set theory/cardinalities to begin with so it actually contradicts your argument. There's no difference between destroying an infinite sized universe and an infinite sized multiverse since they are part of the same cardinality. Suggsverse makes this same mistake as well. Lionel kept trying to stack infinite multiverses on top of each other in order to create petaverses(and so on and so forth), not knowing that they are part of the same cardinality and thus all dictate the same size.

So universe+, multiverse+, megaverse+, etc. are all the same exact size.
That's not how Cardinality works. Marvel's cosmology defines their levels of "infinity" as one set (a universe) being invariably but always defined as great then the next one in the multiverse i.e. the aleph; the context being there are always "more" and its unending to capitalize how they treated "transinfinite" scope of their omniverse; an infinite collection of infinite multiverses which contain infinite universes, etc....The Suggsverse is just saying everything is more infinite then the next without defining it, and he uses the same 'logic' with his treatment of entities in his "works" of being more powerful then the next.

And in Marvel's defense, they said such a concept was not direct but an idea of how the "multiverses" work, not that it directly defined it. We've even here are aware Marvel is trying to draw parallel with Cantor's logic even if their writers don't exactly understand it but the intention was obvious.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
So what are Star Wars universal feats?
His senses were useless here in the Dark.

Here was no sight, no sound, no touch, no awareness of his body. He had only an inchoate awareness of being part of some kind of indefinable field of energy-or perhaps he was the indefinable field of energy. The only perception he could summon beyond simple awareness of his own existence was of certain modulations in this energy field: unreceivable signals, untouchable textures, unseeable colors. Irretrievably alien. Cold and ancient lives that had never experienced the beat of a heart, the touch of a hand, the taste of air. Impossibly distant, unreachable, born of vanished stars.

Stars, he thought. Yes. That's it: stars. That's where they come from. That's where we meet. Because that's what I am, too.

Everything in the universe is born of dying stars. Every element is created in the fusion furnace of stellar cores. Every atom that exists was once part of some long-vanished star-and that star was part of others before it, an unbroken chain of ancestry back to the single cosmic fireball that had been the birth of the universe.

It is the death of stars that gives the universe life.

With the idea of stars on which to hang his imagination, he could bring his situation into a kind of focus. Instead of a formless field of barely perceptible energy, he visualized himself as part of a stellar cluster, vast and dim; those alien modulations of energy became distant stars.

Though every true star is functionally the same-a fusion furnace in space-each is also an individual. One may be larger, another hotter; one may be nearing the end of its life cycle, collapsing in upon itself or expanding to destruction, while another might be freshly forming by aggregating the dust and gases of ancient supernovae. In Luke's imagination, he could read their individual spectra the way he might recognize a human face: they looked tired, and old, and far apart, burning themselves out in the endless Dark.

But he, too, was a star, and the light that shone from him was the Force.

Each and every distant star on which he fixed his attention, however dim it was, instantly brightened as his light fed its own. They drew near, attracted by his energy, captured by his gravitational field, growing ever brighter as they approached, burning hotter, giving off bursts of exotic particles like gusts of delighted laughter. They fell into orbit around him, becoming a new system of infinite complexity wheeling through the Dark in joyous dance.

Here we are, in the Dark, he thought. And it's not empty. It's not meaningless. Not with us all here. It's beautiful.

And each one he had touched with the Force remained linked to him by pulsing threads of light as they basked gratefully in its power; they had been trapped in this freezing Dark for so long, their only light coming from the burning away of themselves and their kin, forever fading until one by one they would wink from existence...

With that, Luke discovered that he knew them now.

You have a post-Newbie ROTJ Jedi Knight Luke's presence increasing the luminosity of every star in the universe while another dark sider/Sith acolyte is trying to put him through the concept of entropy empowered by the Dark Side. There's Vitiate who had multiple powerful prescient Jedi and Sith alike in the Old Republic era having Force visions of Vitiate devouring the entire universe if he ate the galaxy; Qu Rahn's spirit warning any powerful Force-User absorbing the power of the Valley of the Jedi at Ruusan being a cosmic infinite power where supernovas would be less then nothing to them and of course the WoG statements about The Ones whose Son and Daughter were going to destroy the material universe until the Father forcibly removed them to Mortis; the same Mortis which is its own universe.

There's also an old WMD cosmic weapon that was designed to chain react and destroy the universe; the Celestials who are directly acknowledged to be nigh-omnipotent entities who were omniscient (Caedus refused to drink from the pool of knowledge because it would turn him into one) and who had casual feats like dividing galaxies and creating cosmic weapons of mass destruction like a 'turbine' that blew up multiple star systems and being so advanced and evolved they accelerated past needing tangible bodies.

I could also bring up the World Razor whose so powerful the Rakata feared it would snap the spine of the galaxy. They created the artifical prison planet of Belsavis as primarily to contain and imprison it and should it ever break out, the energies empowering said planet would explode and destroy dozens if not hundreds of light-years worth of space just to prevent it from being free as the ultimate fail-safe.

Also even beyond the Ones, the dark side and dark staff have cosmic feats like it forcibly time traveling an entire star system into the future. Hell the Mother/Abeloth via powerscaling is above even Sidious/Palpatine, Valkorion/Vitiate, and Jacen/Caedus, and she had defeated two literal Force-Gods who both have universe level destruction attributed in and out of universe by multiple sources before that.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
" Tomorrow: A thousand planets burn. A hundred stars wither and collapse. The World Razer consumes all."
" This is far from over. When I am free, I will obliterate every planet you have ever seen or known." - World Razer

Though we never see the World Razer in action, it was such a galactic threat that there was no "idle" promise or false claim of it claiming it would destroy hundreds or even thousands of worlds and stars. Which would presumably also explain why the Infinite Empire, a galactic empire who used Force-empowered technology on a scale never replicated by the Sith or Jedi...were utterly terrified of it breaking free from its prison to the point of nuking a massive region of the galaxy as the final failsafe with the collateral of Belsavis destruction.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So far nothing interesting or beyond Othinus ending the universe with a twirl of her lance or even a later feat where she mashed multiple galaxies together

Other than that universe destroying weapon or that Son and Daughter destroying the universe in a fight if I can get some more context

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back