• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Star Wars vs To Aru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
So far nothing interesting or beyond Othinus ending the universe with a twirl of her lance or even a later feat where she mashed multiple galaxies together

Other than that universe destroying weapon or that Son and Daughter destroying the universe in a fight if I can get some more context
Luke scales to the Ones.

The destruction described to the universe is backed by multiple statements in and out of the universe detailing the Son vs the Daughter or the fact Mortis itself was a universe and it was destroyed with the Father, Son, and Daughter's deaths. The Mother is > The Son and Daughter and again, there are actual Force visions of Vitiate's Force Draining one galaxy being a universal threat.

So far on the other side its just character statements so...

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Luke scales to the Ones.

The destruction described to the universe is backed by multiple statements in and out of the universe detailing the Son vs the Daughter or the fact Mortis itself was a universe and it was destroyed with the Father, Son, and Daughter's deaths. The Mother is > The Son and Daughter and again, there are actual Force visions of Vitiate's Force Draining one galaxy being a universal threat.

So far on the other side its just character statements so...
No, all im getting on the Star War sides are statements, a lot of them not even outright universe destroying either.

Othinus actually destroyed the universe in NT9 leaving nothing but a pitch black void and went on to make and remake it billions of times as an actual feat so…

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Just character statements?

The stuff about Othinus being able to manipulate fate, time, etc, was the literal narration saying she can do that.

Which is then backed up when she.. does exactly that.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Just character statements?

The stuff about Othinus being able to manipulate fate, time, etc, was the literal narration saying she can do that.

Which is then backed up when she.. does exactly that.
Post the actual feats.

No, all im getting on the Star War sides are statements, a lot of them not even outright universe destroying either.

Othinus actually destroyed the universe in NT9 leaving nothing but a pitch black void and went on to make and remake it billions of times as an actual feat so…
>literal visions of the universe being destroyed by the Sith Emperor
>"just statements"

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Post the actual feats.

>literal visions of the universe being destroyed by the Sith Emperor
>"just statements"
And...

Magic God Othinus lightly spun the lance around in one hand and pointed its tip toward the heavens.

She spoke slowly.

She uttered two short sentences.

“These small fights are such a pain. I think I’ll just end the world.”

And exactly as she had announced, everything was immediately destroyed.

“You have failed.”

Magic God Othinus’s voice slipped into Kamijou Touma’s ears.

Initially, he was unable to grasp the all too strange and hopeless situation.

“You have failed and this is the result. I am honestly not interested in what you will do now, but this is reality. It is boring and ultimately nothing leaves one’s expectations.”

“…”

Kamijou finally realized he was lying on his back.

Once he sprang to his feet, he was left speechless. Everything around him was odd. It was black. Nothing but black. The ground was perfectly flat. It was even more level and free of defect than the silicon wafer for a semiconductor. From where he stood to the horizon, the ground did not rise or fall by even a micron.

“What is this place?”

Nothing natural could be seen. Nothing unnatural could be seen.

Despite the previous use of the word, it was unclear whether the term “horizon” even applied. Both the ground and the sky were colored pure black, so it was impossible to distinguish between them.

He turned around a full 360 degrees, but the scenery did not change. He stopped at the spot he thought he had started at, but he was not even sure that was correct. With nothing to use as a landmark, he could not be sure.

He could, however, see a blonde-haired, green-eyed girl.

Literally destroying everything in the universe into a pitch black void casually.

And what did those visions show? A completely destroyed universe where space and time itself are no longer present or merely ravaged universe? And how? In one shot or over time?

Makes all the difference

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And before I hear about the novel referring the what Othinus destroyed being called the world making it vague, this is what “world” is referring to in context

The earth, the universe, and the world were nothing but a giant balloon. And a Magic God was a potted cactus wobbling on top of the balloon. That would cause anyone to panic. Once one learned of its existence, they would be worried around the clock that the cactus would eventually topple over as it moved freely about.

Magic God Othinus could control everything. Without exaggeration, she controlled the world itself. If she wanted to, she could have galaxies collide to kill Kamijou Touma. Or she could break the bonds between the particles making up his body and cause his very existence to disperse. If she was the slightest bit dissatisfied with something, she could turn back time, re-lay the rails of fate that led to the future, and create the exact result she wanted.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Sounds like a pocket world. :hm
I'll let Astaro bring up the citations, but no.

The Phases Othinus was(were?) creating/manipulating/destroying were explicitly slightly-altered versions of the universe, designed for the purpose of mindbreaking Touma, essentially.

Last edited:

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
And how so?
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take of it. Maybe you can post the rest of the excerpt besides where it ended continuing that scene. Because I can pull up lines that make similar claims because a character is suddenly 'drenched' in something or another where 'reality' is changed seemingly. It doesn't change the fact you guys have yet to indicate a single TP feat either because if someone brings up Index Grimorie feat I will laugh.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take of it. Maybe you can post the rest of the excerpt besides where it ended continuing that scene. Because I can pull up lines that make similar claims because a character is suddenly 'drenched' in something or another where 'reality' is changed seemingly. It doesn't change the fact you guys have yet to indicate a single TP feat either because if someone brings up Index Grimorie feat I will laugh.
No first I want to know where your getting pocket world from in any of what I already posted

For TP, you got at least 2 Magic Gods with mindfucking abilities and none of the others are affected by them and have been battling each other endlessly.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
No first I want to know where your getting pocket world from in any of what I already posted
Dimensional bullshit or something. Its such a frequent trope and cliche with this "ending the world" nonsense LN authors love (Overlord's is guilty of this quite a bit, same with Mahouka's and Maou Gakuin) that like anyone else I'm suspicious.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Dimensional bullshit or something. Its such a frequent trope and cliche with this "ending the world" nonsense LN authors love (Overlord's is guilty of this quite a bit, same with Mahouka's and Maou Gakuin) that like anyone else I'm suspicious.
No mention of a dimension anywhere. The world was destroyed and the 2 scans show World is universe in this context as well as basic common sense: Othinus turning everything into an endless black void.

Those novels aren’t good examples since neither Overlord or Mahouka have demonstrated universal or even planet level feats.

Index had several planet feats in just the first series

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
No mention of a dimension anywhere. The world was destroyed and the 2 scans show World is universe in this context as well as basic common sense: Othinus turning everything into an endless black void.

Those novels aren’t good examples since neither Overlord or Mahouka have demonstrated universal or even planet level feats.

Index had several planet feats in just the first series
Also how does someone see in pitch black darkness? Or for that matter move and stay grounded if time and space therefore, gravity, no longer exist?

And really? You might want to brush up on Maou Gakuin at the very least but I see my point went over your head: hyperbole and gross exaggertion is an extremely common occurrence in LNs. Especially power fantasy ones and/or isekais that are based around the protagonists being self inserts or the "average" Japanese male teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back