Street Fighter: discussion, feats, and analysis

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Let's do another feat:

Kage's Speed:

We Ryu meditating using what appears to be a Mini Tibetan Meditation Candle. Notice the very short length of the wax (cannot be seen from the angle). They have a clean burn time of 20 minutes.

Gonna do some low-ends and high-ends. Ryu's stage is Suzaku Castle. We don't know where it is. However, we can use the southwestern corner of Japan closest to Thailand to figure it out. Why Thailand? Because Kage travels to Thailand to fight Sagat, then to an unspecified place in Japan to fight Akuma, before jumping back to Ryu all before the candle burns out. It's actually still burning in image when Kage and Ryu start their battle.

Kage travels from the Suzaku Castle to Ayutthaya Ruins. The statue itself is a stylized and restored version of the original Wat Lokayasutharam reclining Buddha in the Ayutthaya Historical Park in Thailand. I will use Kagoshima as a real life analog for whatever since it is one of the southern most cities in the Japan.

The distance between Kagoshima and Ayutthaya Historical Park is 3,644 km.

I will use 1 minute as a low-end here. Justification? The animation for Kage entering in for the Sagat battle (actual in-game engine cutscene), which he travels to immediately from Suzaku castle, has him appearing in 1 frame and utilizing his V-Trigger 2 (Rikudo Osatsu).

This means that he is approaching the battlefield from above. This isn't teleportation. It's raw movement. Likewise, his exit animation versus Akuma takes him 3 frames from flexing his ki to disappearing. Continuing on with the animation, you can see that the ki travels in an upwards arc, following Kage's movement. Once again, not teleportation as it is the start up for Rikudo Osatsu.

Why is this important? Well, we also see how fast Ashura Senku is in another cutscene for the entrance to fight Akuma. It lasts a total of 40 frames. Ashura Senku is a blitzing style movement that makes those who use it intangible and functions like teleportation. It's the movement primarily utilized in the Raging Demon attack.

Anyways, Kage is moving fast as shit. One minute of total travel time for Kage for his entire trip to return to Ryu makes sense for the low-end. The candle isn't shown to be out. Light is exactly the same size. Candle isn't diminished. That means 7,288 kilometers (at the very least) in 60 seconds.

Equates to Mach 354.

High End?
Take the total frames between traveling from Japan - Thailand - Japan - Japan. Adding an extra frame for travel time to be generous. 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 20 frames to travel 7,288 kilometers. 60 frames in a second. 60 seconds in a minute.

Mach 354 * 3 * 60 = Mach 63,720

Low-End: Mach 354 (unlikely as we know that Oni/Akuma/etc are all much faster than this).
High-End: Mach 63,720 (lines up with the previous lightning timing feat).

Last edited:

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer

Not too much of note. Most of the fights are one-notes that have no definitive outcome. With the few exceptions:

- Luke definitely loses to Ryu
- JP beats Kimberly and Cammy. Super elusive. Fairly strong.
- Zangief beats Marissa and she wants him lol.

Other notes:

Interesting shit going on with Lily. Dhalsim said he sensed something that was or mirrored the Satsui no Hado surrounding her.

This reminds me of the side story with where Oro told Sim that all of the fighting energies are just off-shoots of a universal source. Different flavors of power and all of that.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Might update the tier list and throw JP just below Bison. No reason why he would be stronger than Bison. As for why not lower, seems to be comparable to Ken. However, Ken actively says he might have to kill him to stop him. Seems confident that he can. I'd say right below Bison (non-Dark Moon) makes sense.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
after completing almost all of the arcade mode stories

thats what i have to say

- as mid as sf5 was, story wise, was far superior to sf6, with actual story mode
- gameplay wise, sf6 is the best next gen sf title of the past 11-12 years, superior to ultra sf4 even, ost kind average, was expecting more
- ryu pmuch views luke as a young ryu, and pl wise, luke is still not at his level, the power gap between them is still large, but i still want to give luke a city+ level powerscaling, by hype alone and for ryu's wording alone, even pre-sf6 luke, managed to be at least town+ levels, thanks to that prequel comic
- jamie and luke are main rivals now, jamie is also best friends with yun and yang, another hint that they might be dlc chars in the future, just like sean goes to the gym where luke trains and know each other
- jp is > sf5 ken levels, for sure, but not bison levels
- story gonna pick up, once more, when dlc chars come, like akuma or oro

thats it for now

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
no aru is my favorite punchbag verse that obd has

obv all of us like it as a true fans, one way or another :yousmart

Last edited:

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
IMG_0460.jpg

Warlordgab

Illustrious
The game already has 2 out of my 3 favorite ladies (Juri and Cammy). I would love to see Sakura's return, but with her arc completed, I doubt she's coming back

Back