Street Fighter: discussion, feats, and analysis

FMJjieJXoAUGohF

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Big Brain Theory Time.

Just to further solidify that Strider is indeed canon now:

• According to the character setting written for Zeku, he is established to be the "1st generation Strider Hiryu" (初代ストライダー飛竜)[6], with the Strider Hiryu from the 1989 Arcade Strider established to be "The 3rd generation" (三代目) as well as "the second generation of Zeku" (是空の二代))[6], seemingly implying there's a generation between them.
That information comes directly from this book:

This means that the original Hiryu's timeline completely lines up with Street Fighter V's timeline and Zeku's goals. As of the first game, Hiryu is 19-20 years old in 2048 when he brings about the downfall of Grandmaster Meio. This means that he would have been born in 2028-2029. The first generation of Strider's would have been during the early 2000's/2010's. Second generation would be between 2020's/2030's. Third generation would be 2040's/2050's.

Meio suddenly appeared on Earth in the year 2042, while the world was engulfed in war and chaos prior to the events of the first game. Rose's/Oro's stories in Street Fighter V suggest that Bison's influence has fucked the world via corruption. His influence has now spread throughout the world. So, this could be the events that are leading to when Meio appears to take over.

Sidebar: The prophecy of the Illuminati says that the end of the world is supposed to take place in 2200 AD. The "boy who controls the elements" is supposed to be humanities savior. Gill says fuck waiting to save the world then and starts gathering people to create the utopia that is promised under his power. He describes the world ending and its occurrence as two opposing forces become imbalanced. His perfect balance and the ability to instill that in others will guarantee that his chosen will survive the apocalypse. Not saying that Capcom big brained this or anything, but I believe they are harkening back to SFIII with the current Bison plot in SFV.

Following up on this Strider theme becoming a more concrete thing and going with the theme that the other crossover title that gets the most love (Final Fight) usually occupies substantial roster slots, I believe that Maki will be returning in Street Fighter 6.

465836-maki_sfa3a.jpg

However, I believe that she will be a 1st Generation Strider wielding a bladed tonfa as an actual weapon. This lines up with the fact that she was a disciple of Zeku already and she wields a tonfa as a weapon in Street Fighter Alpha 3/CvS 2. Additionally, she had the desire to "surpass" Guy during those games, but realized that she was way far behind him in power/skill. Would make sense that she eventually reconnects with Zeku after he starts building the Striders to learn from him once again.

This update to her character would satisfy a number of tick points for the roster.
1.) Final Fight rep
2.) Strider rep
3.) Tightening the cohesiveness of the timeline
4.) Ninja fighting style

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Strider? Bitch the only thing that should matter is Akuma flexing on nibbas :tupac. Or alternatively running his produce business. Maybe a loan from Akuma is where Ryu could finally afford some damn sandles.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Does this affect scaling in any way, I wonder? I remember some crazy feats taking place in the Strider games, perhaps this might lead to Street Fighter upgrades? :pepesip
No idea. Can't really scale Hiryu to anyone else except the top tiers (at least their level). He's past their timeline until we see how he compares to a really old Ryu essentially.

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Does this affect scaling in any way, I wonder? I remember some crazy feats taking place in the Strider games, perhaps this might lead to Street Fighter upgrades? :pepesip
Last time I checked the best Strider calc was around 400 tons or MCB. Still, I'd love to see if the franchise has something crazy most people probably missed

As for upgrades, it's kinda hard to say given that we don't have enough reason to scale the current SF cast to characters from the future like Hiryu or Meio

It wasn't enough for Nintendo to completely shut down all Smash related events that Capcom decided to take it one step further and somehow become greater assholes than Nintendo lmao

:skully

Honestly guys, I'd strongly reccomend you to abandon ship while you can. They're marketing this game specifically towards casuals, while completely disregarding their old fans. I also heard rumours the story will feature Luke beating Ryu and officially becoming the new face of SF onwards

:lolwat :lolwat

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer

It wasn't enough for Nintendo to completely shut down all Smash related events that Capcom decided to take it one step further and somehow become greater assholes than Nintendo lmao

:skully

Honestly guys, I'd strongly reccomend you to abandon ship while you can. They're marketing this game specifically towards casuals, while completely disregarding their old fans. I also heard rumours the story will feature Luke beating Ryu and officially becoming the new face of SF onwards

:lolwat :lolwat
Hey Destiny we get it okay buddy. You don't like Capcom anymore. Move on.

You're starting to sound really butthurt.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
No one really gives a shit about their new esports guidelines in a thread about the actual universe and its standing in the battledome.

Nah you're trying to impose your hatred for Capcom into the thread and derail the meta talks, feat analysis, plot discussion, and character speculation
You mean what I did a few pages and even months before you arrived? I literally compiled them all here

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
You mean what I did a few pages and even months before you arrived? I literally compiled them all here

Cool? So that gives you the right to derail another thread because you did something else in another?

Come on man. Just chill. I (and everyone else) gets that you hate them now. Take it to private messages and keep it out of the thread is all I am saying.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Luke beating Ryu would be kinda lame though ngl. Not that Ryu jobbing is anything new mind you but still :skully . So long as Chadkuma is in the clear its whatever. If he loses to Luke then we'll have actual issues.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
They’ll have him lose but then that’s the secret to unlocking the true hadou that even goken could never reach and then ryu becomes an SNK character in a SF game and we get god demon devil reverse luke as final boss before perfect ryu jobs to base akuma because one of his sandals breaks midfight, throwing off his inner balance :russ

SF6 being marketed to more casual gamers is to be expected with how much they dumbed down V compared to 4, even if efforts were made later, a lot of the pros jumped ship because the ceiling in the game was really low.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
They’ll have him lose but then that’s the secret to unlocking the true hadou that even goken could never reach and then ryu becomes an SNK character in a SF game and we get god demon devil reverse luke as final boss before perfect ryu jobs to base akuma because one of his sandals breaks midfight, throwing off his inner balance :russ

SF6 being marketed to more casual gamers is to be expected with how much they dumbed down V compared to 4, even if efforts were made later, a lot of the pros jumped ship because the ceiling in the game was really low.
When Akuma comes out Ashura sends will just be his dash button and Ssg will change it input. Mark my words :mjlol . I still haven't forgiven Capcom for mapping Ssg to a v trigger.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Maybe the story mode can have Akuma cry himself to sleep over the fact that he tried to give Ryu some respect in the last game only to get jebaited and lied to for his efforts :skully.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

this is so weird because myself and everyone I know enjoy 3rd Strike the most of any SF title, and we're all literal bottom tier players

my damn 10 year old nieces love 3rd Strike

you don't need to dumb down the games for them to appeal

Back