The Official NF Nostalgia Thread

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I think that Jeff's freak reaction from One Last Forum stemmed from Naruto Forums dying in activity. That was previously evident by the Naruto Forums Ad Board being deleted and the forum being renamed to Fan Verse.

Reactions: Ral
I think that Jeff's freak reaction from One Last Forum stemmed from Naruto Forums dying in activity. That was previously evident by the Naruto Forums Ad Board being deleted and the forum being renamed to Fan Verse.
Survival often means shedding a part of your body to increase your chances of escape or overall fitness, be it skin, shell, tail, limbs etc.

In this case shedding a few members (and the places they usually occupy) who might have been a bit too ok with the forum dying is a matter of calculated survival.

I don't support such actions as they are morally and more importantly humanely unacceptable but from the view of an organism (the forum) trying to claw itself to a safer spot after feeling threatened I can't help but see a cold logic. A distorted and uncalled logic for sure but often when an organism is faced with any threat (real or not) it reacts largely irrationally.

Larcher

Bioness' Outlet

He was a turbo sperglord, I don't think anyone actually LIKED Bioness at all; in the Cafe, in the Blender, in the Chatterbox, in the OBD, he was a tard through and through
I always found it weird how he was universally hated (for good reason) yet was somehow was at the top end of the rep rankings.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
gonna be honest i do miss posting on the site because of the people
people who, apparently, just are not swayed by the absolute lunacy of the actions that took place

Son Goku

Notorious
gonna be honest i do miss posting on the site because of the people
people who, apparently, just are not swayed by the absolute lunacy of the actions that took place
I guess if you really think about how the staff functions on NF it's par for the course. 'The rules' over there are for people staff like or people staff don't. I was never popular with many users/staff so I can tell you that my experience is way different than yours. The whole event to me was wild but also a natural escalation of how things are there.

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I guess if you really think about how the staff functions on NF it's par for the course. 'The rules' over there are for people staff like or people staff don't. I was never popular with many users/staff so I can tell you that my experience is way different than yours. The whole event to me was wild but also a natural escalation of how things are there.
I hate to be that guy, but you will find that on every forum. Just in different degrees.

Son Goku

Notorious
I hate to be that guy, but you will find that on every forum. Just in different degrees.
I'm not saying it's unique but NF did cultivate one of those environments. Admins are not HR hiring managers I understand so naturally most forums slide that way over time.

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I'm not saying it's unique but NF did cultivate one of those environments. Admins are not HR hiring managers I understand so naturally most forums slide that way over time.
I can see how the flaws in Fan Verse's forum politics would build up overtime, thus leading up to the forum war it had with One Last Forum. But you can believe me when I say Fan Verse/The Millennium Forums/One Last Forum (since all three overlap with each other to an extent) can actually be rather tame compared to some other forums I've been a part of in that regard (example: Neoseeker/DBZF/DBZeta, to name a few).

Son Goku

Notorious
I can see how the flaws in Fan Verse's forum politics would build up overtime, thus leading up to the forum war it had with One Last Forum. But you can believe me when I say Fan Verse/The Millennium Forums/One Last Forum (since all three overlap with each other to an extent) can actually be rather tame compared to some other forums I've been a part of in that regard (example: Neoseeker/DBZF/DBZeta, to name a few).
Well NF was lucky in the sense that all the Doxxing and such was kept to a relative minimum.

Leng

Illustrious
Seems the Blender archives are gone, or at least no longer visible, and there's a new subscription service.

Back