• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

The Official NF Nostalgia Thread

EagleGSU

Illustrious
Myfavoritegames or MFG was another forum I frequented back then. It was basically all about Dragon Ball despite the name.It probably was the most thorough dragon ball website on the internet at the time. You could find articles wrote about any DB/DBZ/DBGT character or power levels etc.

The good ole days before reddit and other social media started killing off forums.

Son Goku

Notorious
Myfavoritegames or MFG was another forum I frequented back then. It was basically all about Dragon Ball despite the name.It probably was the most thorough dragon ball website on the internet at the time. You could find articles wrote about any DB/DBZ/DBGT character or power levels etc.

The good ole days before reddit and other social media started killing off forums.
Those days are a lifetime ago brother.

My first forum was 2004 over a flash game.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
One of my favorite moments was when Platinum came up second to me in multiple categories during a certain OBD Awards that he himself hosted, forever cementing the meme of him being the silver to my gold. Had some fun with the Mafias years ago and I still remember when I outed UD as the godfather with the coward role. Speaking of UD, his dumpstering of the waifudome was another funny moment.

Terrible shit was the time the OBD wasn’t allowed to have a convo and getting month long bans for minor shit.

Son Goku

Notorious
Dio/Implosion
Sylar
Morpheus
Specter/The Internet
Shockwave
MdB
Aldrich
Zephos
Quelsatron
BLS
Nuzzie
p-lou
LG
Han Solo
Akoiji
C-Hook
Neodragzero

So many lost in the void
The one thing that kills me about this is that hypothetically if someone came back people would miss out on that chance, even if it is slim.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
There was a guy that used to post on the Naruto boards called Andoliveria. He was a riot, I used to have his quotes saved in my sig but he turned out to be right about certain things.

I THINK he created the Golden Byakugan meme too.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
anyone remember when vegeta made everyone's username, "kill yourself kaen mikami, that would make me laugh" or something like that. guy was vile

Von Gos

Shut Up, Island
I joined NF in 2008 when I was still eleven years old, so I have a lot of fond memories of the place. As far as my 'favourite' one goes, it's hard to pin down what that might be because my exact criteria for an enjoyable forum experience have undergone some serious changes over the years. When I was sixteen, getting modded was a pretty big deal for me—it felt like I was being properly recognised (I had some pretty big 'notice me, senpai!' energy as a kid) by the members I properly respected, and it got me involved in a community I otherwise likely would've never explored.

Then I got older and busier with other things. I probably stopped actively moderating around 2016 or so (with a couple of returns since that point, but never for long), after which point my 'favourite' times on the forum probably just consisted of me shitposting in the Alley and finally cutting loose after years of being a very serious poster.

My least favourite memory of NF is comparatively easy to pin down. My time on staff between 2016/2017 was terrible because I spent ages arguing against garbage mods like Panda.

most of my NF career was spent inactive, but when i started to become a regular i remember i amused myself greatly in a thread gin made about hating the creative rating

You talk about creative, but have you ever taken a dive into the coolest guy rabbit hole??

It all started awhile back, I received a few coolest guy ratings, at the time I thought it was innocent enough, that these people appreciated what I had to say.... but then I got to thinking... and their responses didn't align with mine at all, so I suspected some tomfoolery was at play...

This investigation was conceived in weakness, I was absolutely distraught over this revelation; so I seeked reassurance in this thread:

Before I continue, please note what the (at the time) former mod suggests I do.

I have received some show of support by my "fellow alleyans":

I didn't know what to tell them, I thought they cared... Notice what they all have in common: MODS. The lot of them, they were sent to distract to stop me from finding out the truth!

But you can find light in the unlikeliest of places:

He woke me up from my slumber, and the wheels began turning...

Coolest guy

Cool-est

Not cool or cooler (shout out to ma boi @Cooler ) coolest

Can a person quantify the coolest guy!? No!

Well an alliance was formed:

They thought they can scrub away this evidence behind their "prune", but I saw it for what it was and had the foresight to stay one step ahead.

I began to prod inconspicuously in other sections:

But my worst fears were realized. I flew too close to the sun, and they sent in the FED's to snuff me out:

I then selflessly drew in all the suspicion, allowing my comrade and his team to continue their search uninhibited.

@RemChu worry not, elicited the help of Johnson & Johnson and they are working on a cure for aids as we speak.

Meanwhile I have been fighting the good fight here. After I was found out they sent in a babysitter to "befriend" me, but of course I saw through it, just played along.

@White Wolf the game was good while it lasted, but you have finally drew the line in the sand and revealed your true colours (shoutout to ma homegurl @colours ): Super Moderator Blue

@aww <3 fuck u <3333 now is the time to act! Time to go in for the kill!!!

I kept them off your back so you could continue to gather Intel, so whatcha got buddy?

[HASHTAG]#orthodox church of the tl;dr[/HASHTAG]
[HASHTAG]#narutoforums is very serious business[/HASHTAG]
[HASHTAG]#you dun f***ed up[/HASHTAG]

Back