• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - One Othinus To Rule Them All

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
All I gotta say is RIP “Kamachi said there’s no multiverse!” Fake News

If only this was done years earlier when agenda-pushing folks like Nep and trexalfa were running their mouth with this bile

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Need just one last confirmation

@Mr.OMG @fiamma

The Japanese text and a translation from Fiamma side by side of the Othinus = Tangram

Yes I know the canon is questionable but it only reinforces what we have Othinus at with her own feats and it might as well be Word of God by Kamachi anyway

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Alice literally being equal to MGs makes no sense lmao

Alice >>>> literally everyone else, including Anna Sprengel with the full power of Aiwass

Othinus only killed the BBC and the fake Alice because they let her

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
MGs being equal to Coronzon's ceremony is also a load of nonsense

the story falls apart if you think this is true

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Fine, but I think mentioning the feats performed by Othinus is all you need, since everyone scales back to her anyway

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
still laughing at Aradia being in the same tier as Misaka from that tier list earlier lmao

the person who at max amplification with her ability can ONE SHOT a Magic God (which not even other Magic Gods can do)

:tupac

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
although I have to ask, are we including Anna Sprengel as part of the "normal"/average members of BBC, or one of the stronger members?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Depends on how well she does against Alice

Admittedly, putting up any kind of resistance against Alice will justify Anna being Magic God tier if the spoilers of what Alice can do are true

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
generic Risk 4 Transcendents are already at that tier though

And Anna Sprengel already has way too many statements to not have her be at that level, if not above

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Already told you before my thoughts, you didn’t convince me before and your not going to change mind otherwise

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Need just one last confirmation

@Mr.OMG @fiamma

The Japanese text and a translation from Fiamma side by side of the Othinus = Tangram

Yes I know the canon is questionable but it only reinforces what we have Othinus at with her own feats and it might as well be Word of God by Kamachi anyway
Yeah, that's what Kamachi says

fiamma

Notorious
MGs being equal to Coronzon's ceremony is also a load of nonsense

the story falls apart if you think this is true

There are still many people who misunderstand Aradia's statements.

Her dialogue is nothing more than nonsense from an ignorant person who doesn't know the exact extent of a Magic God's power.

First, let me explain some key points:

Has she ever seen the full power of a Magic God even once?
The answer is "No."

Why should we trust the words of someone who has never witnessed a Magic God's power?

Gently stroking Kamijou's head against her chest, Aradia smiles faintly as if bestowing mercy.

"If you receive three times the grace according to your actions, like this. Hehe. Three times three times three times three... You know, if you leave me alone, this small snowball will quickly grow? As Aradia, the goddess of all witches, if I just keep doing good deeds, no, if I can just create a situation where it can be judged as such, I can eventually inflate my power to the point of instantly killing a magic god or Transcendent."

If we take this dialogue at face value, Aradia should be able to kill even Alice, who is undeniably a Transcendent, in one shot.

And that has already been clearly shown to be absolutely impossible in GT10.

At this point, the credibility of that statement is already shattered.

We've seen multiple times in the story how those who don't accurately know the power of Magic Gods underestimate it.

qliphah puzzle 545, who had only seen Magic Gods infinitely weakened and further hit with an ultra-weakening technique by Aleister exploiting the parameter of their own power, described them as sticking to the surface world.

Even Index, who possesses the knowledge of all 103,000 grimoires, couldn't even guess the extent of Othinus' capabilities in NT10.

And in NT14, it's shown that even if Index mobilizes all the knowledge of the grimoires, she can't understand even a single spell of the infinitely weakened magic god Nephthys.

(The only knowledge she couldn't understand despite mobilizing all grimoire knowledge throughout OT, NT, and GT are the method to overturn Alice's judgement and the two cases mentioned above.)

Of course, some may point to the GT6 afterword stating that the BBCs' destructive power is on par with magic gods.

I've spoken about this countless times, but I don't know what translation you've seen - that is a completely mistaken interpretation.

In this case, the Transcendent of the 'BBC' are each a collection of powerful magicians with power rivaling the entire magic side as individuals, and their purpose is to make the world better. But compared to the 'Magic God' group who create and are satisfied with their own ideal worlds alone, they can be said to be extreme in terms of proliferation and destruction. It's easy for them to destroy but they can't start over, which is their troublesome point. At one point, they were caught up in Othinus' world collapse and were annihilated/killed because they were reluctant to bet their one and only card. (If the Transcendent side killed Othinus in that black space, they wouldn't be able to recreate it either). ...Considering that premise, wouldn't the scariness of the innocent and unpredictable Alice slowly creep up on you? Her personality is like that, and it's like having a destruction button placed in front of her.

Aradia, the Bologna Succubus , and the ' Good Old Mary'.
By comparing the three for now, I've enabled predicting the average/basic specs of trans-cenders. After calculating those, think about "Then how much of an outlier is Alice who went that far in GT5?"

This is talking about the relative difference in capabilities, that while Magic Gods are all-purpose in both creation and destruction, Transcendent only excel in destructive /proliferation aspects compared to them.

As a simple example, if we represent the abilities of Magic Gods like this:

Attack Power: 100
Defense: 100
Health: 100
Regeneration: 100
Durability: 100
Knowledge: 100

Then for Transcendents:

Attack Power: 80
Defense: 1
Health: 1
Regeneration: 1
Durability: 1
Knowledge: 80

It's just a relative comparison showing that their attack power is overwhelming compared to other aspects. I cannot fathom how this is being interpreted as MGS and Transcendents having equivalent attack power.

It doesn't say anywhere that each of their powers is above Magic Gods, or that their destructive power is stronger.

Furthermore, while describing each Transcendent like that, Alice is continually mentioned as the most special existence among them, as an outlier.

In GT10 where all of Alice's specs are revealed, the only one mentioned to be on the same level as her is Othinus (a Magic God). (DK Touma, mentioned as a possibility to defeat her, is only a possibility open for now.)

You said the story would fall apart if MO/A magic and MGS were equal, but I'm curious as to where you even said such a thing?
Could you explain it to me in detail?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
true Gremlin aren't destroying the cosmology everytime they manifest in the surface world

post a quote where it says they are

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
the narration in GT10 saying they're literally equal never even happens, it's making a comparison to establish a sense of scale

imagine thinking Alice is only Othinus level when she's several tiers above a stronger version of Aleister than the one who fought with true Gremlin

and she's also several tiers above Anna Sprengel with Aiwass' full power

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
the narration in GT10 saying they're literally equal never even happens, it's making a comparison to establish a sense of scale

imagine thinking Alice is only Othinus level when she's several tiers above a stronger version of Aleister than the one who got toyed with and beaten by true Gremlin

and she's also several tiers above Anna Sprengel with Aiwass' full power
Fixed

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
didn't die once against several full power Magic Gods btw

just admit they got surpassed

Back