• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
to add to these observations, I notice one of the reasons he's so hard to parse as scum for people is him being emotionally disengaged. I can't read players well at all unless I get some kind of emotional entanglement at some points of the game - not just ire or annoyance, but being frustratingly defeated genuinely regardless of their alignment.

I have to navigate purely by the logic he presents toward the class. And that's very difficult as it gets to the brains of the matter - essentially he forces you to skip your innate emotional experience and just read it straight

I think I have some knowledge on a very specific tell but I wanna see if he keeps doing it
Oh, are we seeing Dr. Watson downloading Ratchet.exe?

:diolaugh

From your observations that may or may not be accurate, what do you make of Ratchet with your assumptions in mind?

what did you make of ratchet and i's back and forth?
I don't know much about the history between him and Mango, but it seemed like a moot point by the end of the exchange

thoughts on watson/luka?
Watson hasn't come across as suspicious to me thus far, and Luka maybe has been overly talkative but that might be normal for them for all I know

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
I don't know much about the history between him and Mango, but it seemed like a moot point by the end of the exchange
i don't think history means anything, if you ignore any player history, what does the content of the interaction tell you?

Whos points do you agree with, how do you make out the different parties handling of the interactions. Things like that

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
I'm gonna play a mind trick on the Mafia team now;

I am going to die tonight because I am obvious town; but by saying this I have now given you a reason to keep me alive

:catjamn

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
@MangoSenpai

Ratchet is a null for me - he stays firmly planted in my "do not trust, he will push you off a cliff in a pool of orcas and laugh. Fuck that guy" reads. So he's an impressive threat and very capable.

When I see more dialogue between Mags and him I'm sure it'll also help solidify a read past null - because that's where the meat is, not the bristle.

As scum, I think he'd strategically use your high regard for him to lull you into a false sense of security but I don't think he's doing that here

As town, he'd give a sense security in a different way like encouraging further engagement from you, do specific things - a town tell from him - like tag a suspect or a person he reads town. And he's far more pushy about getting a different perspective as town by deconstructing the logic

He's more linear in a sense and he tends to stray less from topics to avoid scum using irrelevant points to their advantage and shuts that shit down quick. but it's also not necessarily a de facto ultra Town tell. Just something I perceived

Magic vs Ratchet (or Ultra vs Ratchet) always helps paint a clearer picture on them for me and idk why

i don't think history means anything, if you ignore any player history, what does the content of the interaction tell you?

Whos points do you agree with, how do you make out the different parties handling of the interactions. Things like that
I mean given that Magic's argument was based around a "meta" read, Ratchet's rebuttal was much easier for me to understand

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
I mean given that Magic's argument was based around a "meta" read, Ratchet's rebuttal was much easier for me to understand
i think that is a misunderstanding of the premise of the interaction.

The core of it wasn't about a meta read, but rather Magic's painting of the topic to make it seem that it was.

So if anything your response now should prove that the point Ratchet and Myself were making to be true.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
I love you never leave us
You gonna make me cry

crying-tears.gif

i think that is a misunderstanding of the premise of the interaction.

The core of it wasn't about a meta read, but rather Magic's painting of the topic to make it seem that it was.

So if anything your response now should prove that the point Ratchet and Myself were making to be true.
Makes sense
Magic's whole approach thus far has been kinda confusing for me
I guess he's trying to be proactive but it seems he's having to do some heavy reaching in the process.
Like his read of my first post sounds informed but given what the truth of the matter was there, it definitely felt like it came out of nowhere

Magic

Resplendent
Makes sense
Magic's whole approach thus far has been kinda confusing for me
I guess he's trying to be proactive but it seems he's having to do some heavy reaching in the process.
Like his read of my first post sounds informed but given what the truth of the matter was there, it definitely felt like it came out of nowhere
What do you mean by it sounded informed

Magic

Resplendent
This I agree to.

Apparently anyone else who has read the interaction got nothing from it, in particular I expected Gram to at least have some semblance of an opinion of something - but he's completely blank.

What do you make of him having no impression, no reads and taking no initiative?

Okay, well you have to understand that the way that input read to me seemed to imply that I would do just that, and by implying this you are also implying that Ratchet isn't town.
Which is at this stage an interesting point to make.

I don't have him either one way, so for someone who doesn't push Ratchet you are seemingly trying to plant something for later the way I see it.

If you've read the thread, which I know you have, especially my interaction with Watson it should be clear that my stance on Ratchet is one that I am quite wary of him.
I don't give him free town reads, and I don't dare to either. He's played me before, quite badly too.

I'm not sure what this argument is, could you rephrase fully what it is you're arguing here?
this is going nowhere in new so id prefer dropping it that rephrasing or continuing this discussion.

as far as grams go, i have no thoughts on it. maybe he's waiting for something. inactivity isn't really a tell for him nor does he struggle with content as scum so it isn't some grand slam. ill read him by input when he provides it, not a lack of it as it isn't really alignment indicative.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
this is going nowhere in new so id prefer dropping it that rephrasing or continuing this discussion.

as far as grams go, i have no thoughts on it. maybe he's waiting for something. inactivity isn't really a tell for him nor does he struggle with content as scum so it isn't some grand slam. ill read him by input when he provides it, not a lack of it as it isn't really alignment indicative.
Hmm, if you say so.

Are you just going to let him take the backseat like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back