• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

@Magic You say you wanted to see how I adjusted with explanations, but I don't think you made much of an attempt to explain at all, and I think that's a backfilled reason from you. It took Gram to prompt some sort of mutual understanding for me there, you as I noted from the start were dismissive of what I was saying. I feel like if your intent was to test how I would respond to it, and to see if I would dig my heels in or if I would consider your defence, you wouldn't give me the out that you did on that.

I like what I read of Ultra, I was thinking the same when Gad claimed to agree with what he said around Magic despite having given no comment on it beforehand.

@Lord Melkor I haven't liked what you've offered so far around these discussion points. I know you town read Magic - where do you stand with the rest of this?

@Gadministraitor

Why did you only share your agreement when Ultra added his voice to it? I could have done with the backup earlier quite frankly!

Ratchet

Also Magic none of your links earlier work. They look like they were all from Skyrim though, one thing you're neglecting to consider with that game is that I was a treestump, and thus had all the reason in the world to bide my time. I wasn't going anywhere. I feel like if you want to proof check your theories, that would be context that you wouldn't ordinarily miss. At the very least, it's disingenuous to not even volunteer it as something that may have impacted my thought process there, especially when you use it as a point of comparison you wanted others (not even sure it's relevant here?)

Ultra

THE BEAR
^

like the shit your posting isn't really doing much for me.

also with a massive time crunch(before the extension) your best option was to pursue myself in hopes of convincing everyone that town reads me to shift over and scum read me. like again i just find this sort of shit a waste of time and performative. youre not even trying to get people to jump on board as much as youre arguing with me which is also unlike you and people can go check. usually youd be beating the drum and asking people to jump on your wagon but youre just, what, waiting?

I have a very hard time believing you really wrote this and think this as a motive that would make sense to you fyi

It's about the nth time you've constructed some arbitrary assumption that's also incorrect as to how I play or should be playing, I already explained to you in my first post my methodology for reading you, you insisted that it's wrong, and now you're just saying total nonsense

Magic

Resplendent
@Magic You say you wanted to see how I adjusted with explanations, but I don't think you made much of an attempt to explain at all, and I think that's a backfilled reason from you.
there was paragraphs of explanation. im not really sure what you consider an attempt but it's a bit silly to say i didnt try to explain with a big back and forth attempting to explain. i ended things with "i dont think youre this thick to miss this" after giving some explanation, not overall like ultra did with "this is pure nonsense" with nothing else.

It took Gram to prompt some sort of mutual understanding for me there, you as I noted from the start were dismissive of what I was saying. I feel like if your intent was to test how I would respond to it, and to see if I would dig my heels in or if I would consider your defence, you wouldn't give me the out that you did on that.
i was dismissive of you accusing me when i know im town. im not really following what else youre implying i was dismissive of when you even made it clear you were attacking me rather than defending.

you did your heels though. i saw what i wanted to as your vote is still just on me.

Magic

Resplendent
:hestonpls

This is the nth time you've implied I've been doing something which is uncharacteristic of me or my process, you've implied that attributes like "casing you" and "asking you about your reads" are somehow scummy or bad, what are you waiting for exactly?
something else entirely!

Gaddamnit

NYC Pizza is better than Neopolitan fite me
Pronouns
He/Him
@Gadministraitor

Why did you only share your agreement when Ultra added his voice to it? I could have done with the backup earlier quite frankly!
Well, besides me kinda starting off slow every day phase with some matters, honestly, I didn't so much agree with Boobies as much as I gave my take to a question he asked me.

And also, I stood back for most of your debate to see how it went, I wouldn't have changed it just cause I formed a new opinion towards the end.

Magic

Resplendent
I have a very hard time believing you really wrote this and think this as a motive that would make sense to you fyi

It's about the nth time you've constructed some arbitrary assumption that's also incorrect as to how I play or should be playing, I already explained to you in my first post my methodology for reading you, you insisted that it's wrong, and now you're just saying total nonsense
this is the nth time youve ignored direct questions about your process being stupid.

this is bold so you know what to answer. if you wanted to see if i gave bullshit reasons for my town reads/explanations why not use the ones i provided, ones that were provided even before you asked, rather than sitting on what i wont give you. youve just ignored that information and not addressed it despite it being something that can help your case.

the only explanation you gave for this was i give out town reads to people i think wont get mislynched anyway but i countered that with the luka/watson town reads quite literally coming at the beginning of the game before anyone commented on them being town so how exactly does that apply, which you didn't answer.

Sigismund

I have slowed down since the ER visit in January when I collapsed at work.

I physically can't drink nearly as much as I used to. I tend to pass out now after a few too many instead
Used to drink Everclear like water now Beer can put me down after a 12 pack lol

Ratchet

Now to change tack I saw part of your defence was in your reads made. I don't have a huge issue with that in principle, but I do disagree with you implying that Lind was a town read that you wouldn't make or would be somehow risking a scum wincon for. The Miller claim here is pretty much always treated as an IC, so I'm not sure what the thinking is there that leads you to believe you were taking much of a stance with that.

Ultra

THE BEAR
this is the nth time youve ignored direct questions about your process being stupid.

this is bold so you know what to answer. if you wanted to see if i gave bullshit reasons for my town reads/explanations why not use the ones i provided, ones that were provided even before you asked, rather than sitting on what i wont give you. youve just ignored that information and not addressed it despite it being something that can help your case.

the only explanation you gave for this was i give out town reads to people i think wont get mislynched anyway but i countered that with the luka/watson town reads quite literally coming at the beginning of the game before anyone commented on them being town so how exactly does that apply, which you didn't answer.

Because it's goalpost moving, I don't give a shit why you think I should factor this into account or not, I explained to you forthright why it doesn't matter, because it's not an accurate way to read you

Sharing a few of your town reads when your playstyle largely revolves around reading half the player base town is a dogshit methodology. You should know this! Instead you're telling me to read you by a method which conveniences you. 0

Magic

Resplendent
Also Magic none of your links earlier work. They look like they were all from Skyrim though, one thing you're neglecting to consider with that game is that I was a treestump, and thus had all the reason in the world to bide my time. I wasn't going anywhere. I feel like if you want to proof check your theories, that would be context that you wouldn't ordinarily miss. At the very least, it's disingenuous to not even volunteer it as something that may have impacted my thought process there, especially when you use it as a point of comparison you wanted others (not even sure it's relevant here?)
ratchet said:
I mean honestly Magic regardless of my alignment being up for a lynch Day 1 is very frustrating because I don't think it's at all earned. I don't think it's very arrogant of me to suggest that when Town I'm capable enough to be helpful to my alignment, so gambling on a Day 1 lynch for that just seems shit to me. Actually if you factor in that I've never been lynched as scum Day 1 I'd be even more frustrated over this. I don't know I don't think that's a good reason to read me as town here.

ratchet said:
I'm pretty sure he was in your scum reads though? So when you say "I'm happy to listen to suggestions regarding my other scum reads", who exactly are you referring to? By the same token you can say Vinegar is low hanging fruit too. I don't want to lynch Magic today for all the same reasons I mentioned in regard to myself. So where exactly does this "co-operation" extend to?

these were two of the quotes. if you were tree stump and thus it didn't matter as you were surviving than the first post wouldn't be about how gambling on lynching you(and thus me in the second quote) is non-optimal play. so no, the context of tree stump doesn't somehow negate this meta point nor logic from your end. that's a rather weak twist on it.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Yes he does, but I digress
OZC-Live-Kamen-Rider-Ex-Aid-BD-Box-E33-Company-Reorganization-720p-mkv-snapshot-11-42-2018-09-09-03.jpg

Magic

Resplendent
Now to change tack I saw part of your defence was in your reads made. I don't have a huge issue with that in principle, but I do disagree with you implying that Lind was a town read that you wouldn't make or would be somehow risking a scum wincon for. The Miller claim here is pretty much always treated as an IC, so I'm not sure what the thinking is there that leads you to believe you were taking much of a stance with that.
i actually forgot lind was miller, but ya that's fair enough.

Day 1 VC 7

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Ratchet: Polar Bear > Magic
Aurelian: Ratchet
Ichigo: Luka > Prof
Lord Melkor: Luka > Ruffles > Cubey
Luka: Luka > Lord Melkor
Mango: Ratchet > Ruffles > Aurelian
Magic: Ruffles > Aurelian
Polar Bear: Ichigo > Aurelian
Missingno: Watson
Gad: Reloaded
Gram: Ichigo > Aurelian
Rugrat: Gram >

Aurelian: 4
Watson/Lord Melkor/Reloaded/Prof/Ratchet/Magic/Cubey: 1

With 26 alive it‘s 14 to lynch.

Vote Lynch Aurelian

I'm going to just toss some of my thoughts out here in an unorganized fashion and pull up quotes later when I get home on PC

[Vote lynch Magic]

Found myself mostly nodding along with Ratchet in their exchange. I think Magic kind of falls flat on his face here with his entrance and I think what I'm seeing here is an element of his play that's one of his few weaknesses as scum - he says things that sound mostly coherent but when you scrutinize them a bit more it doesn't really make sense what he's talking about or why.

Just reading the first couple of pages of the exchange between him and Ratchet I get the feeling Magic misses the nuance of very obvious points quite a few times in a way he wouldn't normally do as town, in particular he tries to leverage some sort of pocketing accusation towards Ratchet that felt more like he was working backwards from that conclusion more than anything else. This is something I caught from him a couple of times during Hades and I regret not holding him to what he was saying a bit more. He draws some sort of gotchya here between positions on Melkor and Mango that really aren't incompatible at all

I don't really think it's like him at all to get into the weeds over arguments like this without stepping back and asking himself what the bigger picture is, and notably absent from this exchange is does he actually think the read on Lord Melkor is valid and if he's overextending himself at all here and he doesn't at all.

I got Watson/Mango/Luka/Ratchet penciled in as town.

Not a big fan of Lord Melkor's posts in particular the way they handled Luka's suspicion of them, which as far as I could tell was to give them a town read for no reason after previously implying their behavior was scummy. But I don't think he's likely to be aligned with Magic

Gad also seems well within his scum range, find it kinda weird nobody is trying to kill him

Vote Lynch Ichigo

Vote lynch Ruffles

Can't see whether this is scum that's nervous or newb town
I wouldn't know where to examine the slot, think it's impossible to read

Vote Aurelian
Ratchet: Polar Bear > Magic
Aurelian: Ratchet
Ichigo: Luka > Prof
Lord Melkor: Luka > Ruffles > Cubey > Aurelian
Luka: Luka > Lord Melkor
Mango: Ratchet > Ruffles > Aurelian
Magic: Ruffles > Aurelian