• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammaton

Consigliere
We likely have RB or jail on mafia side, and we also have redirect on Town - probably scum too assuming the whole Ultra/Magic/Fang noodlefuck is all true

So in this case I don't think BP town is too crazy to sell either.

Wait you’re trying to argue you think tpein is town as well?

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
Acting like 5 kills a night is a good realistic setup is where I’d start

Acting like mafia would need to kill every other player to win which would take 4 days (they only need to control majority which in this world they’d basically be doing by n3, unless town play absolutely perfectly in which case they might get a shot at lylo day 4)

Everything’s wrong with your outlook because you clearly have an outcome you want and by god you’re committed to it
What you're selling is that Mafia has 3x kill power if Ratchet is mafia.

Otherwise he's just SK by your world view.

But that leaves still one unnacounted for death, so you'll have to explain that too.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Mafia can't have both the Poisoner and extra KP, that would be weird.

WE know Aurellian claims to have been poisoned and nobody has claimed that action.

So I fail to understand why 2 vigs are such a hard sell

BECAUSE ITS A RANKED GAME AND DUPLICATE ROLES ARE TRASH AND JUST PUNISH TOWN FOR NO REASON WHICH FLOWER KNOWS SO UNLESS SHE DECIDED TO BE A TRASH HOST THERES PROBABLY SOMETHING GOING ON

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
Wait you’re trying to argue you think tpein is town as well?
I think it is a world where it makes sense yeah, at least setup wise - and I haven't seen anything from his play that pings me particularly scummy either - he just appears to be T-pein to me.

But if you want to argue otherwise that's fine

I think flipping him will give insight to the whole thing anyway.

Grammaton

Consigliere
What you're selling is that Mafia has 3x kill power if Ratchet is mafia.

Otherwise he's just SK by your world view.

But that leaves still one unnacounted for death, so you'll have to explain that too.

I’ve said I don’t believe ratchet is mafia

My likeliest theory is that he’s an Indy with a wonky win condition. I don’t know what that is but it would need to be something where he leaves the game early because his counterclaim doesn’t really give him the mileage needed to make it to endgame.

Well actually in this game it probably does cause of level of muppetry but point stands

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Why wouldn't I?

We have a BP town claim, and it is 24 players.

We have 3 kills which further strenghten this claim.

2 vigs with 3x each has a total of 6 slots they can kill - which would be fair given the size. Maximum 2 shots per day.

Probable SK, so with 2 vigs that'd be max 3 kill per day

Poisoner - can be healed but that's another kill - max 4 deaths per day

Mafia FK - max 5 kills per day

So with 5 dead per day it would still take 4 game days to kill 20 - which isn't even all - and that's not to mention the vigs has 3 shot each - and I ASSUME poisoner has limited shots too - whether that is 3 or less idk.
That gives us 4 additional players who can be killed by lynch - but realistically only 3.

I think it would add up
You can't equate a large player game on OLF to a setup from WG, it really doesn't work that way. Someone else can explain (fucking politely, thank you) to Mango better than I can with what restrictions and no no's Ranked has -- I'm an NFer, so I couldn't tell you specifics.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Mafia can't have both the Poisoner and extra KP, that would be weird.

WE know Aurellian claims to have been poisoned and nobody has claimed that action.

So I fail to understand why 2 vigs are such a hard sell
I don't claim just to be poisoned, it's literally in the night 1 write up.

Grammaton

Consigliere
He would only be indy and there's no reason to flip that any time soon

Well actually if his agenda is to blast town players then there’s a pretty good reason - point is we don’t know

Are you satisfied with his explanation for killing rugrat?

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
BECAUSE ITS A RANKED GAME AND DUPLICATE ROLES ARE TRASH AND JUST PUNISH TOWN FOR NO REASON WHICH FLOWER KNOWS SO UNLESS SHE DECIDED TO BE A TRASH HOST THERES PROBABLY SOMETHING GOING ON
Okay, so explain it then.

Why are we seeing 3 kills and a poison?

What is the world where this makes sense?

I'm waiting. Whether it is you or Lethal or anyone else - you seem so sure that there cannot be 2 vigs.

The reason why it took so long to post this was because I was gonna quote a post - but either I am getting a mandela effect or I'm mixing you with someone else who said it was possible with 2 vigs - either way - can't find it.

Psychic

Yennefer
Gad: Magic
Psychic: Gram
Ichigo: Ultra >
MangoSenpai: Magic > Ultra > Magic > Sigismund
Luka: Hans Tweetenberg
Ultra: Magic > Sigismund > Magic
Tweet: Ultra
Magic: Ultra
Ratchet: Magic > Sigismund
Prof: Magic >
Reloaded: Magic >
Aurelian: Ultra
Gram: Pein
Pein: Magic

Ultra/Magic: 3
Sigismund: 2
Tweet/Pein/Gram: 1

With 22 alive it‘s 12 to lynch.
I just took a quick glimpse at some of the voting patterns. Noticed that Tweet and Ichigo seemed to have the same voting pattern. Maybe in the same scum team?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
As for ratchet he plays - given there's only mild assertiveness this game where he'd usually be going even harder on Ultra but remains semi-cordial - like an indie Ratchet imo
Less assertivenessw with more neutral, clean cut solving. I feel he's been meditating by being cordial which he tends to do as indie out of self-pres.

For him to be scum outright is just cheesy and a calculation that is wildly dependent on luck and confidence he would gain thread control and blind trust. But the risks outweighs the rewards there, I can't see scum!Ratchet doing this but he's also done crazy shit I didn't expect before. it's more than likely he's indie and explains the claim

Magic

Resplendent
Why wouldn't I?

We have a BP town claim, and it is 24 players.

We have 3 kills which further strenghten this claim.

2 vigs with 3x each has a total of 6 slots they can kill - which would be fair given the size. Maximum 2 shots per day.

Probable SK, so with 2 vigs that'd be max 3 kill per day

Poisoner - can be healed but that's another kill - max 4 deaths per day

Mafia FK - max 5 kills per day

So with 5 dead per day it would still take 4 game days to kill 20 - which isn't even all - and that's not to mention the vigs has 3 shot each - and I ASSUME poisoner has limited shots too - whether that is 3 or less idk.
That gives us 4 additional players who can be killed by lynch - but realistically only 3.

I think it would add up
There is a world where this is true but it is neither fair nor truly functional. You're also not including day lynches. Wiping 75% of the game in 2 day phases seems absolutely bonkers but again I won't deny there is a world this could be true. This would be my first double vig game ever so take that for what you will in regards to fairness.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Okay, so explain it then.

Why are we seeing 3 kills and a poison?

What is the world where this makes sense?

I'm waiting. Whether it is you or Lethal or anyone else - you seem so sure that there cannot be 2 vigs.

The reason why it took so long to post this was because I was gonna quote a post - but either I am getting a mandela effect or I'm mixing you with someone else who said it was possible with 2 vigs - either way - can't find it.

It’s a far lesser crime to give mafia/indies too much killing power than it is to give town an exact duplicate power role because it completely compromises the day phases where town have agency. Quicker you understand this, the better

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
You can't equate a large player game on OLF to a setup from WG, it really doesn't work that way. Someone else can explain (fucking politely, thank you) to Mango better than I can with what restrictions and no no's Ranked has -- I'm an NFer, so I couldn't tell you specifics.
Well even if you strike the 2 vigs the fact stands - we have 1 vig, 1 SK (likely), 1 poisoner and scum - that is still a maximum of 4 kills per day

Poisoner can be negated with heal, so you could argue that's 3 reliable kills and 1 unreliable one.

So it is just 1 kill less - and so by that I don't see how this seems so unlikely - esp with a bp townie

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
There is a world where this is true but it is neither fair nor truly functional. You're also not including day lynches. Wiping 75% of the game in 2 day phases seems absolutely bonkers but again I won't deny there is a world this could be true. This would be my first double vig game ever so take that for what you will in regards to fairness.
5 kills per day is the hypothetical maximum yes - and that was intentionally disregarding lynches which I specified.

Assuming both Ratchet and LM has 3x each, and with probably the knowledge that 2vigs is a foreign concept they could've accounted for the likelyhood one of them got yeeted (which might be a stretch I'll concur)

I don't think Ratchet Specified if he had 3x to be fair, I'd have to look back, but he has a lot of posts and the search function here sucks major butt

Grammaton

Consigliere
Like mango, all you have to do is read the end of day 1 to realise why duplicate roles are trash and why we who play here regularly do not believe flower would do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back