• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindltaylor

Paramount
Have you seen my claim?

If Ultra is town obviously some redirecting happened to him (non bus driver)

If Ratchet was able to shoot anyone last night then there was likely redirect or bus drive somewhere

If Ultra is scum I think it’s more likely Lethal with him than Polar.
1 & 2 - Yes, agreed.

On 3 and on Lethal:
If Bus Drive is his fake, I would have expected him to adapt his fake to fit the current game state. i.e claim Vanilla to avoid the 2 manipulation role scenario (Polar - Lethal). We're on route to lynching the supposed tracker, so even if he lies and says vanilla, there's no one who'd catch him if he uses his role later as well considering this lynch on Ultra goes through and Ultra's town. Even if they're the same alignment (scum - scum) saying VT still makes sense.

Magic

Resplendent
You’re only scum if Ultra flips town.

You’ve been slimy in a lot of your arguments in ways I’ve already pointed my issues with but in ways people like Gram/CP are saying can come from town you.

If Ultra is town every argument about Ultra pushing town and not being this shit of a town player goes right to you. You shouldn’t be so shit to tunnel Ultra for 3 days and be wrong if he’s town. I get it’s an unfair standard maybe but I’m holding you to it. You set that standard yourself not anyone else.

I've been on the defense from 3 day phases from the same 2 people. While I know you appeal to ratchet's logic more a lot of what I've seen you say is slimy are things that aren't actual accusations or really part of my case but just an observation which they choose to defend against and then make it seem apart of my case. Lots of shit people do is null. I state what I view it as and see their response and typically if my interpretation is wrong they just correct me. In this game every single time I've said anything of that nature or even mentioned it in a post ratchet has isolated then questioned it then I reply and then he says the fact I replied means it's serious whereas from my pov I'm addressing it cause he flipped it to attack me with.

I don't really care about the standard so much as again this isn't about this game but any future game. This has popped up in recent games though as I'm often not the one getting my choice in direction! If I say x(in this case it was ultra) is scum from day 1 and nothing really changes my mind then I get my lynch on day 3 how is that equal to y(again let's go with Ultra) getting alternative lynches they still feel are scum lynched or having them flip at night. Like in terms of town reads I spotted aurelian, ekko, and Mango as town and didn't have sig/melkor as scum. I also had ichigo as town which I think you've come around to but he hasn't flipped so it doesn't matter as much. So how is it i have been equally as wrong as Ultra?

If you get your lynches as town on people you find as scum, and you're a good player it means you're poe is being solved through and you should be getting closer to the correct solve. If your town reads are dying or just nulls then that isn't really the case and you're just eliminating potential poe fodder from down the line. I think there's a stark difference in that.

I had this same argument with Gram in melkor's game. I don't really want this to be the same talking point always

Polar Bear

G.O.A.T
Fang would see Lethal if he bus drove Magic. So can’t be like that
Would he though, if so then a town ultra means magic is scum

Ultras play speaks to it being scum ultra knowing there is a busdrive who is also scum and a scum roleblock

Ultra......magic if he flips town
Lethal (confident regardless of flips)
Psychic (somewhat confident)
T-Pein

Ratchet being sk

Dr_Professor83

Professional Troll
1 & 2 - Yes, agreed.

On 3 and on Lethal:
If Bus Drive is his fake, I would have expected him to adapt his fake to fit the current game state. i.e claim Vanilla to avoid the 2 manipulation role scenario (Polar - Lethal). We're on route to lynching the supposed tracker, so even if he lies and says vanilla, there's no one who'd catch him if he uses his role later as well considering this lynch on Ultra goes through and Ultra's town. Even if they're the same alignment (scum - scum) saying VT still makes sense.
I’ve considered all this but then I think it’s more likely he did that as scum anyway and made a mistake than an unrelated black hole (to him or Polar) swallowed me/Reloaded’s actions if something happened to one of them lol

Magic

Resplendent
My last two games ended with game costing thunderdomes with cp and gram and as much fun as those are I'd prefer not doing it again. I can't reconcile ultra being this bad as town but I couldn't reconcile that for them either. They also both thought I was scum for pushing them in those gamesm So Maybe not the best approach unless others genuinely believe my arguments.
@Tempest did you ever comment on this?

Magic

Resplendent
Would he though, if so then a town ultra means magic is scum

Ultras play speaks to it being scum ultra knowing there is a busdrive who is also scum and a scum roleblock

Ultra......magic if he flips town
Lethal (confident regardless of flips)
Psychic (somewhat confident)
T-Pein

Ratchet being sk
I thought you said you wouldn't have me as scum if Ultra is town? What caused you to flip?

Grammaton

Consigliere
I’m withdrawing lethals town lean. I’ve caught him like this before where he gets the town read based on being combative and then just outs his feet up like the game is won already

Polar Bear

G.O.A.T
I thought you said you wouldn't have me as scum if Ultra is town? What caused you to flip?
If prof is right that lethal would have been seen by Aurelian then it would mean ultra wasn't messed with and was telling the truth about you visiting cubey and thus you lied and are caught

Dr_Professor83

Professional Troll
I've been on the defense from 3 day phases from the same 2 people. While I know you appeal to ratchet's logic more a lot of what I've seen you say is slimy are things that aren't actual accusations or really part of my case but just an observation which they choose to defend against and then make it seem apart of my case. Lots of shit people do is null. I state what I view it as and see their response and typically if my interpretation is wrong they just correct me. In this game every single time I've said anything of that nature or even mentioned it in a post ratchet has isolated then questioned it then I reply and then he says the fact I replied means it's serious whereas from my pov I'm addressing it cause he flipped it to attack me with.

I don't really care about the standard so much as again this isn't about this game but any future game. This has popped up in recent games though as I'm often not the one getting my choice in direction! If I say x(in this case it was ultra) is scum from day 1 and nothing really changes my mind then I get my lynch on day 3 how is that equal to y(again let's go with Ultra) getting alternative lynches they still feel are scum lynched or having them flip at night. Like in terms of town reads I spotted aurelian, ekko, and Mango as town and didn't have sig/melkor as scum. I also had ichigo as town which I think you've come around to but he hasn't flipped so it doesn't matter as much. So how is it i have been equally as wrong as Ultra?

If you get your lynches as town on people you find as scum, and you're a good player it means you're poe is being solved through and you should be getting closer to the correct solve. If your town reads are dying or just nulls then that isn't really the case and you're just eliminating potential poe fodder from down the line. I think there's a stark difference in that.

I had this same argument with Gram in melkor's game. I don't really want this to be the same talking point always
I think there’s some difference and some of that is fair.

But the chances you, Ultra, Ratchet are all wrong about each other at this point, is low enough that I’m not about to roll with that.

I let myself back down from the position that if one is town the other has to go in JJK. It isn’t happening again. Not until I’ve been equally burned by it. But I imagine I won’t get burned my it more often than not at this point

Some of my play there is a bit of simply playing the odds. If I play 100 games, I imagine the correct move is to follow a town Ultra’s legacy here more times than not. That’s not to say I don’t factor in single game context, but it’s got to be drastic enough to swing it to feeling like the optimal move

Magic

Resplendent
If prof is right that lethal would have been seen by Aurelian then it would mean ultra wasn't messed with and was telling the truth about you visiting cubey and thus you lied and are caught
Uh, no it doesn't as aurelian still shows that ultra didn't visit me.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Tpeins vote is very much the odd one out. He’s been convinced I’m scum the whole game for reasons I’m not entirely sure about, but he’s voting magic whilst not having any stated position on ultra - he wants me shot before any theoretical survivor of a town mislynch between ultra/magic

????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back