Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Resplendent
Yeah there’s just no way I’m ever going to be able to rationalise that
They did irrational wifom all game Though.

I mean they could have literally saved a teammate, killed a townie, and won the game with ultra Still alive so I don't get it either but ya know

Grammaton

Consigliere
They did irrational wifom all game Though.

I mean they could have literally saved a teammate, killed a townie, and won the game with ultra Still alive so I don't get it either but ya know

They did but the problem with trying to see rationality in irrationality is exactly that - there’s no pattern

Kurosaki Ichigo

Soul reaper
Only 3 awards permitted but ya he did well.

Btw ichigo I appreciate you trying to honor my legacy but all my latest posts about Watson in particular were you denoting her as scum.
I made the right vote in the end.
Too bad I couldn’t convince anyone.

Gad was my scum read as well, I couldn’t think at a solve with him alive.

Players who can't play should let someone else in their place.

Dr_Professor83

Professional Troll
It has nothing to do with your personality mate and if you want to take anything out of this game I'd reread all 3 day phases and your positioning on ratchet and why it would piss off anyone that's town.

No one thinks your jokes or personality are suit or uncool but when you make someone that is already hard to lynch near impossible through sheer activity and finding any and all paths that lead to him being town then you're doing a disservice to every other player.
I know that was your main issue. But a lot of stuff that didn’t have anything to do with that bc it had been days ago drove Gram mad still lol.

It’s the neurotic elements that I think are the issue lol. And I’m probably never not gonna be a hot mess lol.

Magic

Resplendent
@Magic can you praise me for fooling you
Er, I don't think siding against your teammates is smart mate. You would have been apart my poe pretty quickly if I was alive as I brought up in the Mason chat your bussing meta to gram, which you did here too.

Dr_Professor83

Professional Troll
You have nothing to fix.

You should take people at face value here and especially Gram - he really legit has no qualms, he just got frustrated over the situation and it intensified
Much like how you lost your composure, it's no different for anyone here.

I really doubt it has anything to do with you specifically

Let's flip the assumption upside down: would you tell the players here the same things you're saying to yourself? No? Then you have nothing to be apologetic for, cool cat.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
I take it at face value lol but I have bad news, many of the ways I was frustrating here I’m subject to be frustrating in those ways again lol

These aren’t things I’m being hard on myself on. Just worried about incompatibility. There’s nothing “wrong” with oil for having trouble mixing with water or vice versa lol

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
there was also the risk of haza getting hammered if town was swayed so be careful with your vote endgame next time luka

Magic

Resplendent
I know that was your main issue. But a lot of stuff that didn’t have anything to do with that bc it had been days ago drove Gram mad still lol.

It’s the neurotic elements that I think are the issue lol. And I’m probably never not gonna be a hot mess lol.
I mean I still think you should reread those phases. It isn't logic that drives you to your conclusions.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I take it at face value lol but I have bad news, many of the ways I was frustrating here I’m subject to be frustrating in those ways again lol

These aren’t things I’m being hard on myself on. Just worried about incompatibility. There’s nothing “wrong” with oil for having trouble mixing with water or vice versa lol
But I disagree

You have some warped perspective of yourself that I don't think anyone really feels frustrated by, much like my own

The only advice I'd give you is work on self-depreciation and to trust yourself more to become an effective town leader and in the future collaborate without feeling the need to fall back on delegating to others

This game was a bit strange though because the play in the beginning was so unique so your nightmares came true
But they don't always

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member

Just stop overthinking. You had the right answer and there was solid proof that the scums were just scum, but you and most others talked yourselves out of it way too often. It happens, but overthinking and too much talking loses games. I had to learn it in the game on MU when we had the scums nailed and people almost talked themselves out of their solves. We still won, but only because a player took the helm and just pushed through.

Ratchet

Resplendent
Advisor
Well played from that position @RDK. I think you deserved a HM especially for getting Town to think Luka was the SK over Jag, without actually counter claiming. Given the position of your slot when you subbed in it's seriously impressive you got to survive the whole game. @Luka Good start from you, wish you kept the WIM up but if you play more like early game you'll be fine. Well played and GG.

The dead chat is now nuked so all the evidence has gone, but I have issues with the host's biases here - I don't believe no MVP is fair for this game and it's purely down to scum winning which the host didn't want. As some won't see it, the host is furious at me in particular because they said they felt bad about people complaining about two vigilante's being a thing, and instead of holding the ones making said complaints accountable for that, they said it was my fault for giving them the option to complain about that. Several people have told her how insane that position is and her response was to delete the dead chat. Also included in that dead chat was the host flagrantly rooting for the town to beat scum, and also threaten to not process perfectly valid actions for unclear reasons that I have my suspicions about. I think if Flower is to host a ranked game again, she needs a co-host to play a very active role because this was in many ways unacceptable.

Thanks for the game anyway, especially to @Fujishiro for stepping in and keeping the game running smoothly. @Chairman Nibel I don't know how busy you are but for me you were not active or present enough - maybe the size of the game was too daunting for your first one hosted but a host needs to have a good presence and also be proactive. Setup is mostly fine, there are a few too many clears for the town through role PMs and no roleblocker for the Mafia was pretty harsh, but I do agree that the detached scum member was a difficult solve and probably didn't need to be in here.

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
Anyway, here's the idea behind the setup:

It was designed to be both faithful to the flavour and balanced. The scum team had 5+1 members. And while the team had a way to know their traitor he had no way of knowing who they were. That was to make coordination a bit harder for them, but also ensured they wouldn't target their traitor by mistake. It also fit the flavour as Zahard only communicates via messages. The Rachel role was Survivor light. Both the Town targets were confirmable and the scum team always needed to off them while the scum target being the traitor gives the Indie an incentive to hunt for them. The Serial had a Gunsmith to help Town if they were playing poorly while also having something to claim all while Town had a way to figure out it wasn't Town due to the existence of the Cop which can create doubts. Town was overall very low power. But they had the Redirector and a potential double Duelist (triple even as a Refiller existed) as well as a Vig with a potential Strongman (which funnily enough even triggered this game).

Remaining Roles:

T-Pein: King Zahard, 1x BP Godfather, Detached Messenger.
RDK: Ren, 1x Ninja 3x Roletracker
Luka: Träumerei, 1x Strongman Backup Godfather.

Town:

Ichigo: Yuri Zahard, Universal Backup turned 3x Vigilante 1x Master
Gram: Maschenny Zahard, Mason.
Prof: Luslec, 3x JK.
Lind: Lilial Zahard, Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back