• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Time to salvage more scans. This time, for the Visaka. The Visaka is a virtual lifeform which unlike the Ashtanga or the Nanda, wasn't a robot lying in wait for enemies, but was born, created by the Anti-Spiral who is said to control all death and birth.
Ev078F2.png
"It wasn't hidden, it was born," says LordGenome head. "The Anti-Spiral is the universe itself. It controls all death and birth. The isolated universe must have said that."
(From the Gurren Lagann novelization, volume 4, page 225)

Like the Ashtanga, the Visaka can control probability.
Gk57y8d.png
The enemies attack was a hit even though it should have been completely defended by the Super Spiral Field.
"What do you mean?" Asked Yoko.
"I don't know. The Spiral Field is alive and well on the instrument."
Tetsukan checked the monitor and said.
However, the attack does not stop.
"But it's hitting."
Gimmy said while balancing the swaying aircraft.
"It's a probability negating bullet. The enemy is negating the odds that we defend."
(From the Gurren Lagann novelization, volume 4, page 224)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Laios has a feat in the Delicious in Dungeon anime that's not present in the manga. In episode 3, when Laios is fighting the living armour, it sends Laios flying into the wall with enough force to send bricks flying, and Laios uses his own sword to slice the stone ground (in the manga, chapters 6 and 7, he simply falls back on his behind).
Laios-cuts-stone.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Good news! I bought the Gridman Universe Super Complete Works, and it's time to have a look at it! Let's have a look at a couple of pages to start...

As suspected, Mad Origin increasing the chaos was not only messing with space, but also with time; this chaos altered the timeline, causing people who were dead to return, and other strange phenomena.
9LNFiur.jpg
(Relevant text)
zMyjnz0.jpg
The world has begun to distort
As a result of Mad Origin accelerating chaos in the Gridman Universe, the timeline began to warp, and people who were supposed to be dead started appearing. Strange phenomena occurred, such as "The Monster Eugenicists, who once fought and lost against the Dynazenon Tall Monster Daikosai Junbi Kaijuei, film a monster movie in preparation for the Daikosai Festival," Hime and Gauma, who were supposed to be dead, play the role of ghosts at the Horror Cafe," Kano, the deceased sister of Yume, prepares for the Daikosai Festival with her former lover Daikosai Junbikoro," and "The volleyball members who were killed by Akane are revived."
Mad Origin fuses various worlds together in order to obtain energy and increase chaos.
N4wj0zO.jpg
(Relevant text)
nD8dO53.jpg
Mad Origin, who uses the Gridman Universe, fuses various worlds within the Gridman Universe to obtain energy. Furthermore, in order to accelerate the chaos, he places Gridman's consciousness in the world of Tsutsujidai and sends him into the world of the Confused.
All the worlds in the Gridman Universe form Gridman's consciousness.
(Relevant text)
oEfhmjY.jpg
The Access Flash sent Yuta into Gridman's consciousness.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
More about the Cyberpunk Edgerunners Miision Kit has been announced! It will feature 9 new characters and a new story, set after the events of Edgerunners (which ties into how Falco gives the jacket to V, from the looks of it). Maven is the Tech of the group, and Hardpoint is the Solo, and Bluescreen is the Netrunner.

In The Jacket, you and your friends will take control of any number of seven newly created characters, pregenerated for the mission. You’ll have the option to play as, for example, Maven here who is the Tech of the crew. You’ll also meet Hardpoint, the Solo of the group, Bluescreen the Netrunner, and many more.

Now so it’s said, you do not play as any characters from the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime themselves. This whole adventure takes place after the ending of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners (you already know what that means if you’ve seen it) and before the events of Cyberpunk 2077. I want to be sure to let you all know this, you’ll be getting to know some new faces here…we did promise some old ones though now didn’t we?

The Jacket begins with, as most jobs do, a call for a gig in the outskirts of Night City. You may recognize the fixer setting you up for this one…know a Dakota Smith? Well, she’ll be sending you and your crew to a self-storage joint to meet the client himself, a certain getaway driver. He goes by the name of Falco.

Maven the Tech.

Maven.png

Hardpoint the Solo.

Solo.png

Bluescreen the Netrunner.

Netrunner.png

As for the rest of the character designs...we have the Nomad.

Nomad.png

The Fixer.

Fixer.png

The Rocker.

Rocker.png

Release date will be mid-to-late June. As another note, IIRC, this was written by Mike Pondsmith himself, so no one can deny that Edgerunners is 100% canon.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A new interview with Hiromo Wakabayashi and Shigeto Koyama! There's a few interesting notes here, in both the creative process and the secondary worlds themselves. In Promare, technology is noted to drastically increase as the story progresses.

Q: Regarding the mechanical design of PROMARE, it seems to start off with a more Japanese feel, and then it moves to a more western sci-fi feel. Was that what you were going for?​

(SK): I’m not sure how the audience interpreted it, but it was my intention to go with a Japanese feel. Also, the technology the characters use in PROMARE takes a drastic leap throughout the movie, so maybe in the beginning, the technology is more relatable to our world, but as the runtime continues, it goes to a more sci-fi approach.
In terms of there being any new Cyberpunk anime by Studio Trigger, it's a possibility, but the story of Edgerunners is all wrapped up. Concluding a work definitively is something that Imaishi does with almost all of his work (with the obvious exception of PAnty & Stocking with Gartebelt, and possibly Space Patrol Luluco).

Q: Going back to Cyberpunk for a second, do you feel like there is more for TRIGGER to explore in that world or are you “finished” with the Cyberpunk universe for now?​

(HW): The Cyberpunk 2077 game has a whole lot of expandability; I’m assuming the same would apply for the anime adaptation as well.

Q: Would you like to do more Cyberpunk anime?​

(HW): So, this is my personal interpretation of what the director believes, but I believe the director, once he has a solid plan of execution, he likes to strictly abide by it. For example, when we released Gurren Lagann, it was positively received by the fans. The fans wanted a continuation, but the plan for the director was that he was going to finish it in 24 episodes, and the end result was indeed 24 episodes. I believe that’s the plan for all his work. For Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, or 2077 in general, I feel the setting is very expansive, even if it’s not us, there is room for anyone in the world to pick it up and further explore and expand the Cyberpunk universe. Perhaps someone will pick up the series, possibly not so much “on the edge” as ours. (laughs). Perhaps in a truck, in the middle of the road, or somewhere more safe… sidewalk? Side walkers? (more laughs). The possibilities are limitless.
They also note that while they wish to mostly make original titles (and this was their original intended goal), they have to balance this out with adaptions (When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace, Delicious in Dungeon) and animes set in pre-existing universes (Cyberpunk Edgerunners, Delicious in Dungeon).

Q: I believe that Cyberpunk: Edgerunners was one of the first adaptations from TRIGGER. Are you going to adapt more works or go back to focusing on original works?​

(HW): One of our earlier works was actually an adaptation that our President (Masahiko Otsuka) did called: “When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace” (InoBato). So that is our first adaptation, which came right after KILL la KILL. So initially TRIGGER was made to create original titles, but after creating KILL la KILL we realized it was above our capacity to continuously create original titles, so we need to balance where we allocate our resources.

We do want to note that there is original IP for titles such as Cyberpunk: Edgerunners and Gridman, the stories and the characters are entirely original, so the caliber of how costly it is for us to make those shows is almost the same as an original title. I wouldn’t call it an adaptation per se. We have made strict adaptations before like Inobato and our current title Delicious in Dungeon. I wouldn’t say that Cyberpunk: Edgerunners was a strict adaptation. It’s very costly for us to produce an original title,so we try to balance it out, we would do an original, then schedule an adaptation or pseudo-adaptation while working on our next original work.
With collaborations (Star Wars: Visions), there has to be passion for the original idea behind it. For example, Wakabayashi and Otsuka are big Star Wars fans, and Yoshihiro Miyahima (the director of Delicious in Dungeon) is very invested in that project, which is why he's the one directing it.

Q: What about collaborations?​

(HW): I wouldn’t say collaborations. For example, in Star Wars: Visions, our President and I are big fans of Star Wars, and we actively pitched to Lucasfilm and Disney our story. That doesn’t apply just to Star Wars, and I believe that in any anime that we produce, there needs to be a certain level of passion behind the project, a level that our staff is invested in. For example, Delicious in Dungeon, one of our younger directors, Yoshihiro Miyajima, is very invested in the project, so that’s why he’s the one directing that series.
Wakabayashi says that he would love for there to be a collaboration between Trigger and Fortnite in terms of in-game skins (not for the first time either).

Q: Is there going to be a collaboration with Fortnite?​

(HW): We do want those collaborative skins to happen at some point.
With Star Wars Visions (which in terms of the main Disney Star Wars universe is quasi-canon), Disney gave Trigger lots of freedom, so long as they didn't use any characters from the original movies. Shigeto Koyoma also notes that Karre & Am can don't need helmets or protection in space because they're technically not human.

Q: When you pitched your story for Star Wars: Visions, how much freedom did you have to tell your story? Did you have to abide by any rules or guidelines within the Star Wars universe?​

(HW): The only rules we had to abide by were not to use any of the original movies’ characters, such as Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker. We also thought that since we were working with Lucasfilm and Disney, there would be stricter guidelines, but we were quite surprised at how lenient they were.

(SK): My impression was that since we delivered a pitch deck, it felt like we had a lot of positive feedback from Lucasfilm and Disney, and we didn’t feel any resistance from their team. We were fortunate, I guess; they understood our ideas very well. I’m not sure if you noticed this detail but in the last scene in “The Twins”, the main characters both don’t have helmets on outside in space. This is possible because they’re technically not human. Also, there is a robot that has an oxygen mask around his head. It’s those little details that I thought they would criticize, but they were pretty open to it.
When making Kill La Kill, they sought to make something that wouldn't disappoint fans of Gurren Lagann and something that both themselves and audiences could enjoy.

Q: Back when TRIGGER first started, KILL la KILL was your first main series title. When you look back at that time did you feel any pressure to make it “good”, or “sellable”?​

(HW): I’m not sure if this directly answers your questions, but we were fortunate that Gurren Lagann was very popular and highly well-received with our audience. I did feel a kind of pressure that we had to exceed Gurren Lagann with KILL la KILL. As you mentioned, from a business standpoint, KILL la KILL was going to be our flagship title, so from that standpoint, we needed to make it a success. However, the biggest pressure was to make sure we didn’t let our fans down, specifically the ones from GURREN LAGANN. With hindsight after this many years, I believe that KILL la KILL represents the core of our beliefs, where if we can’t enjoy the creative process ourselves then the audience will not be able to enjoy it as well.
In terms of PSG S2, more news will be announced in the future, but it's further confirmed that Trigger now own the rights to PSG.

Q: Panty and Stocking Season 2 has been talked about forever, when are we actually going to get it?​

(HW): I guess the best way for any updates on that is to follow our social media, obviously, we cannot disclose any updates. What I can say is that season 2 is the “wrong way” of discussing our project. At recent American conventions, we announced that TRIGGER finally acquired the rights to Panty and Stocking, we hope to further update the situation at future panels.

Back