• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

unpopular opinions thread: olf o bee dee edition

I was joking before, but you dudes really are just being purposefully obtuse for some reason. You'll give Fate any out possible but will never apply the same charity to western comics, modern or no.

The fuck Type-Moon have to do with any of this?!
And last I checked, most of that shit is literally in it's own continuity and people only tell you to read LN Fate/Stay Night first for Fate if you want to know the mechanics of the Universe or whatever the fuck you want otherwise.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Let me put it this way just from volume 1 he's:

- reincarnated as a baby after being dead for 2000 years (btw just as keikaku tl note that means planned)
- can use growth/aging magic to make himself in one month go into a 6 year old then a 16 year old body
- can teleport at will
- can have his heart stabbed out by one of his former most powerful followers whose fused with the God of Time and doesn't feel any pain of his heart being shattered
- even when said subordinate fused with the God of Time in his verse is stopping time permanently and using it to rob all of his magical energy blasts of their time, he can just send another set of said blasts "six hours" ahead of that time to hit the dude despite his time barrier erasing anything contacting it
- casually stops said subordinate and curbstomps him after all this with little effort
- he can use his own special origin magic to send two people back in time just from their belief in him and using their memories to make a fake person into a real person
- he can resurrect and kill people at will infinitely as long as its within 3 seconds of their death and their origin isn't lost
- even a magic spell that can nuke a gigantic ass stadium filled with hundreds to thousands of people can't hurt him if its origin is from him, the original source of said borrowed power
- turn those he killed into zombies
- despite being the demon king and a magic-user, he casually can pick up a massive ass castle and throw it presumably hundreds of meters into the sky and across the land without even trying and holding back

Dude is stupid and this is typical of LNs

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Let me put it this way just from volume 1 he's:

- reincarnated as a baby after being dead for 2000 years (btw just as keikaku tl note that means planned)
- can use growth/aging magic to make himself in one month go into a 6 year old then a 16 year old body
- can teleport at will
- can have his heart stabbed out by one of his former most powerful followers whose fused with the God of Time and doesn't feel any pain of his heart being shattered
- even when said subordinate fused with the God of Time in his verse is stopping time permanently and using it to rob all of his magical energy blasts of their time, he can just send another set of said blasts "six hours" ahead of that time to hit the dude despite his time barrier erasing anything contacting it
- casually stops said subordinate and curbstomps him after all this with little effort
- he can use his own special origin magic to send two people back in time just from their belief in him and using their memories to make a fake person into a real person
- he can resurrect and kill people at will infinitely as long as its within 3 seconds of their death and their origin isn't lost
- even a magic spell that can nuke a gigantic ass stadium filled with hundreds to thousands of people can't hurt him if its origin is from him, the original source of said borrowed power
- turn those he killed into zombies
- despite being the demon king and a magic-user, he casually can pick up a massive ass castle and throw it presumably hundreds of meters into the sky and across the land without even trying and holding back

Dude is stupid and this is typical of LNs
Is this Anus Vuldibulge your talking about?

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Also Immortal Hulk should have been the end of Banners Story tbh
Immortal hulk was a giga based run, and I don't read comics with any sort of regularity

Enjoyed the shit out of it and how it'd bounce around between different horror styles and stuff like detective novel styled chaps and shit.

Only thing I kinda disliked was Devil Hulk jobbing

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Immortal hulk was a giga based run, and I don't read comics with any sort of regularity

Enjoyed the shit out of it and how it'd bounce around between different horror styles and stuff like detective novel styled chaps and shit.

still need to finish that, it was fantastic and made me realize what a great character the Hulk is when he's actually written well

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Yeah though it was less him jobbing and more savage hulk not realizing what was happening. which was fucking sad man.

still need to finish that, it was fantastic and made me realize what a great character the Hulk is when he's actually written well
And here I was about to post a huge ass spoiler before you said this
:hestonpls

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
4XTtmqMl26eL0hVZUXC-cJQQvhsSm9KYxBjIyYeBM4U.jpg

Maddie

Acclaimed
Following Post Crisis Superman isn't as terrible as it's made out to be. The biggest issue is in the 90s there is 4, sometimes 5, Superman comics at a time to read, however the read order isn't too bad. A lot of filler but the biggest issue faced is the cashgrab machine DC set up with Action Comics, Superman Vol 2, Man of Steel, and Adventures of Superman all coexisting at once and always interconnecting as part of the same story. Thankfully Infinite Crisis fixed this with it just being Action Comics and Superman Vol 1 and they made it so they were separate and you didn't need to read both to get a storyline.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
On the subject of comics, you want a real unpopular opinion? Venom as a character works better when he's a standalone character, and not attached to Spider-Man.

I also don't mind the idea of Venom becoming a full-on herald level character either. With how much writers had him fight heavy hitters back in the day the idea isn't that out there now :mjpls

Back