unpopular opinions thread: olf o bee dee edition

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
BEST DIGIMON THEME

I REFUSE TO BE CONVINCED OTHERWISE

While I wouldn't say it's THE best (definitely the best english theme for a Digimon series though), that theme is still legit as fuck. :awesome

MY controversial take with regards to Frontier is simply this:
Digimon Frontier is as good, if not better than Adventure 01, I go back and forth on which is #3 and which is #4 for me. :maybe

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Frontier was the last digimon show i actively watched and I still have a lot of good and weird memories relating to it
That's 'cause it's a good show.

Would recommend you watch Savers though. Once you get passed the inherent silliness of Masaru punching Digimon, it still stands as easily the second best Season of Digimon for me (only beaten by Tamers). Besides some of those punching moments are legit hype. :maybe

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
On the subject of comics, you want a real unpopular opinion? Venom as a character works better when he's a standalone character, and not attached to Spider-Man.

I also don't mind the idea of Venom becoming a full-on herald level character either. With how much writers had him fight heavy hitters back in the day the idea isn't that out there now :mjpls
Donny Cates makes alot of runs idc for but his Venom run was awesome and Knull was one of the best cross over villains in a while

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Donny still refuses to admit that he stole the concept for cosmic ghost rider from the gotg of earth 691.

It's okay Donny, we understand.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Nobara Kugisaki isn't that good of a female character. People be acting like Nobara is the first good female character in Shonen (which I guess could be trauma from Naruto and Orihime) but no. She's cool but I feel like she didn't live up to the hype per se, she didn't really get any development before being fridged.

Still better than Naruto, mha females and Orihime though.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Nobara Kugisaki isn't that good of a female character. People be acting like Nobara is the first good female character in Shonen (which I guess could be trauma from Naruto and Orihime) but no. She's cool but I feel like she didn't live up to the hype per se, she didn't really get any development before being fridged.

Still better than Naruto, mha females and Orihime though.
Goldenboy was like "you know what, this take is unpopular enough to post here after I posted it in the convo"
:hestonpls

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I like Nobara a lot. Just wish she did more
This is my main problem with Nobara.

She really didn't have a good goal compared to other characters. Maki had her spite against Jujutsu Society and now her curse from Mai. Yuji had his wish to die happy and being the only person to contain Sukuna and now his hate with himself for releasing Sukuna during Shibuya. Megumi had his conflict of being simply a cog in Jujutsu Society to wanting to be more greedy.

Nobara's goal was that she wanted to live a life doing what she wants iirc but there really doesn't seem to be anything else connecting her to the jujutsu world unlike the rest of her trio.

Back