• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

unpopular opinions thread: olf o bee dee edition

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, UFOtable usually goes "out of canon" at times to make their fights look good which can basically make things look weird(Artoria being able to stab Heracles with Invisible Wind despite God Hand would reject it or most of the shit in Demon Slayer despite the elemental stuff is just "effects")

The other studios make it far closer to canon but as Rey stated, they usually use that weird ass droning for high yield attacks... which can get dumb.
i dont even just mean fate their demon slayer stuff too, not a fan of

to me it's a lot of flash but it doesn't really resonate

granted i have watched none of these series in full

this is super unpopular but
Feats > Statements no matter what

To elaborate on this, I usually never have a problem with Feats > Statements primarily because there are other ways to get Feats off the ground without statements if Authors are smart enough to go through those methods.
Yeah, you don't need to destroy a Planet but you CAN create something with that equivalence and just destroy that if your series is fantastical enough. Like it's fiction, go nuts with it, even Dragon Ball does it with Katchin and Katchin Katchin to show how strong the characters are.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
as far as feats and statements go i got no issue with statements just make sure they're reliable

I've relied heavily on statements in my transformers threads and bionicle stuff but I like to think i'm pretty rigorous with my standards to ensure they're honest and that in-context they can be believed

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
- dbgt > dbs, yeah, even with goku time's bad stuff, it still is more raw and has the prime toeiland style
- several pranger series are > to their sub parts
- kamen rider and ultraman are top tier toku series
- cw flash and most of cw series, are so bad
- jotaro and part 2 joseph still the best jojo's

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Not really, I mean their was Lisbeth and Silica but Kirito only meets them like once, after that it's all Asuna.

That's season 2:yousmart

Unless I'm wrong and it's all s1 in that cause I amend my statement by saying I hated the ALO arc, GGO was carried by Sinon and Mother's Rosemary and Yuuki was the last good arc of SAO.
Yeah, it was all season 1. Him playing that first game after SAO with his cousin is still considered season 1, especially on Netflix, and that's the same season where those two other girls are chatting up how they'll be vying for Kirito despite him going for Asuna. :mjlol

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I honestly haven't even felt insterested in reading OP at all after Marineford TBH, and I barely read it before then

Nah dot Hack's animes are actually kinda ass, the game cutscenes are good but the animes cut so much stuff or devolve into philosophical monologues they're uninteresting to watch

Super will never have this so instantly inferior :kobeha

IM JUST A FREAK ON A LEASH

Nah dot Hack's animes are actually kinda ass, the game cutscenes are good but the animes cut so much stuff or devolve into philosophical monologues they're uninteresting to watch

I was more or less saying it due to how much SAO is hated within the Animeweaboo sector vs. the Normie sector. Pretending it's better than anything at all but the Worst Anything of all time, especially Dot.Hack gets people whining at you for it.

Super will never have this so instantly inferior

Okay that AMV is good, can't lie :kobeha

i dont even just mean fate their demon slayer stuff too, not a fan of

to me it's a lot of flash but it doesn't really resonate

That's why I included Demon Slayer too in there, UFOtable has a knack of going off canon at times and it usually comes off a little ridiculous at times(Cu chasing after a truck and it taking a bit meanwhile Cursed Arm just chills in there doing nothing hoping Cu loses it is fucking weird) and with Demon Slayer gets as bad as well when it comes to really going into the elemental attacks despite the fact they don't exist.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Couer Al' Aran should be writing that show. Nigga would be ass when it came to feats, but he'd certainly give us a well-written story. :mjlol
Eh, Couer's a bit samey with the type of stories he writes. Either it's throwing a character into this set of circumstances and funny ensues or an original story with just the same character names. But yes the stories he writes are easily better than the show.

I mean is that really an unpopular opinion (here at least)? It's not hard to write a better story than the shit show we got. :maybe
I remember wanting to write an RWBY fanfic and checking out the show, I could only get through season 1. I can't be bothered with s2.

Back