• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

What are you currently playing?

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
The MC returns to the Earth in 3 following the Ark's Keystone ship, takes out some of the Covenant forces attacking New Mombasa after reuniting with Miranada Keyes Marines and the Arbiter which includes neutralizing a bunch of Brute units then heading to the Ark Halo and stopping the new Alpha Halo then the Flood show up. Its better than 2's by miles.
"to war"

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

The amount of builds is insane even for just individual classes. And there's like a bazillion classes, and they each have subclasses. The addition of Mythic classes on top of that makes things even more complicated. Big boy RPG.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Though my complaint as per usual is that most characters tend to have crippling overspeacialization. No feats that let you get Weapon Focus or Improved Critical en-masse. Same with Spell Focus and Elemental Focus. All classes need to speacialize in a specific area to be really good at it. However, feats are sparse which means you can't speacialize in a lot of areas. This means you're always gonna need a party. You can't solo late game unless you use exploits or min-max hard with the more overpowered Mythic classes. Trickster in particular has potential for solo builds due to Trick Fate. Gold Dragon is good for spellcasters. Since it basically makes them into really good tanks, and ups the damage of all their spells.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Playing FFVII Remake for PC, given that it was a disappointment by many fans, I never actually played the original. Complains about stuttering is only partially true as it only stuttered for me once during the beginning. My brother got me it as a Christmas gift so I'm religiously playing the shit out of it even though I originally didn't want it.

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
I heard pretty mixed opinions about FF7R (in general, not the port). Most people seemed to think it was fantastic up until the point where the plot starts diverging from the original, at which point people were either basically okay with it or absolutely hated it. Given what I've heard about it, I suspect I'd fall into the latter category.

Still, I'll play it once I hear the port issues are ironed out, and perhaps once it doesn't cost seventy cocking pounds.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I heard pretty mixed opinions about FF7R (in general, not the port). Most people seemed to think it was fantastic up until the point where the plot starts diverging from the original, at which point people were either basically okay with it or absolutely hated it. Given what I've heard about it, I suspect I'd fall into the latter category.

Still, I'll play it once I hear the port issues are ironed out, and perhaps once it doesn't cost seventy cocking pounds.
70 is indeed an atrocious amount for a poorly ported remake at that. The sheer dominance of capitalism does not make die-hard FF fans turn a blind eye, especially for remakes. Square Enix took the Nintendo route maximized at the opportunity to make profit from this half-baked remake. The graphics are good and despite me not playing the original, the story is a bit confusing for me at the moment, so it's taking me time to adapt.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
70 is indeed an atrocious amount for a poorly ported remake at that. The sheer dominance of capitalism does not make die-hard FF fans turn a blind eye, especially for remakes. Square Enix took the Nintendo route maximized at the opportunity to make profit from this half-baked remake. The graphics are good and despite me not playing the original, the story is a bit confusing for me at the moment, so it's taking me time to adapt.
They added new/original stuff to the remakes that weren't in the original FF7 like the Time Jannies

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
They added new/original stuff to the remakes that weren't in the original FF7 like the Time Jannies
Would you still dish out a whopping $70 (plus tax) for that extra content? I'd be fine with $50, for a remake, but anything more and they should have given us more of them graphic settings options that's a complete lackluster in this port to PC. I like the game so far, but what FF game isn't repetitive (not including online) and requires patience I clearly don't have :skully

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Would you still dish out a whopping $70 (plus tax) for that extra content? I'd be fine with $50, for a remake, but anything more and they should have given us more of them graphic settings options that's a complete lackluster in this port to PC. I like the game so far, but what FF game isn't repetitive (not including online) and requires patience I clearly don't have :skully
Yeah I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out they added some new things to FFVII's remake.

Reactions: Ral

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
GMG pretty much gave me a free copy of Hellpoint, so I started playing that.

It's not bad. A janky soulslike with a semi-interesting sci-fi horror aesthetic. The setting has promise: some sort of space station orbiting a black hole filled with demons, or something, in the wake of some sort of implicitly deliberate cataclysm. There's some kind of mysterious mystery going on.

Definitely worth playing if you get it for free. Maybe worth playing otherwise too. I'll see how it goes.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her

It's not bad. A janky soulslike with a semi-interesting sci-fi horror aesthetic. The setting has promise: some sort of space station orbiting a black hole filled with demons, or something, in the wake of some sort of implicitly deliberate cataclysm. There's some kind of mysterious mystery going on.

Definitely worth playing if you get it for free. Maybe worth playing otherwise too. I'll see how it goes.
it's one of the better soulslikes from what i've played imo but still feels like it's missing the charm. the setting is pretty cool though

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
it's one of the better soulslikes from what i've played imo but still feels like it's missing the charm. the setting is pretty cool though
Yeah. The setting kind of carries it.

There's something to be said for the atmospheric sound design too, even if it's kind of hit (ominous space horns) and miss (why do my feet squeak so much in this armour?).

Baka

Byronic Hero
GFX Designer

have you played mortal shell? (is it good?)

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Still playing:

- Halo Infinite
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3

New games added:

- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
- Cyberpunk 2077

Back