• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

What tier should Kratos from God of War be now, following Ragnarok?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
The only wank I know of for GoW is Multiversal Kratos cause he flipped a temple
Can someone break down multiversal, planet level, etc for me? Trying to get into these debates, but it's hard for me to follow what the fuck y'all be talking about most of the time with this fancy OBD lingo :skully

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Can someone break down multiversal, planet level, etc for me? Trying to get into these debates, but it's hard for me to follow what the fuck y'all be talking about most of the time with this fancy OBD lingo :skully
Planet level - bust a planet

Multiversal - Being able to destroy or affect more than 1 universe

Basically, when we say X Levels, it's usually in the way of Destructive Capacity or to the Durability(or how much a character can take) of the person.

If we say a character has Planetary DC, it means a character at bare minimum, can destroy a Planet at their full strength.

Multiversal is basically being able to destroy Multiple Universes at full strength.

Reactions: Ral

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'll be real, I'm open to the idea of Kratos being higher than we rate him. Maybe @Stocking Anarchy or someone else can effectively argue that, when they have the time to step back in here.

One thing's for certain though, if this thread gets concluded with Kratos remaining the same tier, then until the next GOW game arrives and brings with it potential upgrades, whatever complaints there may be can take a backseat, as this thread is the time to prove his better station, if it is the case, based on what we have now. :hestonpls
All I've got left to say is Skoll and Hati chasing the Sun and Moon. Even if they aren't the proper Sun and Moon it could still be something.(I've only played GOW 4 and Ragnarok, so I don't know the details of the Greek games too well).

While we're still hot on the subject, what about the placement of the Primordials and Yggdrasil?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
All I've got left to say is Skoll and Hati chasing the Sun and Moon. Even if they aren't the proper Sun and Moon it could still be something.(I've only played GOW 4 and Ragnarok, so I don't know the details of the Greek games too well).

While we're still hot on the subject, what about the placement of the Primordials and Yggdrasil?
The primordials were covered in a post by Nygma up above, as was the Yggdrasil, when he responded to you.

Feel free to read it and let us know if you have a problem with what he said, and why. :yousmart

NiceFont5

as all of it is contained within a blade he did not have access to.
Kratos doesn't have that blade anymore either. New games say that Kratos was born a god now and that even Atreus is considered one.

Anyway, vsbattles arguments for GoW were disproved a long time ago.

Claim:Debunk:
"Kratos is Planet/Universal/Multiversal, L3+R3 solos"Absolutely not, there are over 120 showings to the contrary on top of the small handful of feats some use to present Kratos at that level all having context that renders them null.
"Realms in GoW are Infinite-sized Universes"The people who have worked on GoW have repeatedly stated the opposite and that characters have physically travelled between them.
"Kratos beat Cronos who beat Uranos who created the Universe in a fight with other Primordials"As covered above, the Primordials only created the Greek World, which is geographically separated from the rest of the planet. Further, Cronos used a stone scythe to defeat Uranos.
"Kratos overpowered Atlas who holds the Universe"Atlas only holds the Greek world with the aid of multiple pillars. Kratos also didn't overpower Atlas, and was as weak as baby in his 2 finger grip, only surviving due to Atlas wanting to hear Kratos out.
"Kratos flipped Tyr's Temple which has the weight of all 9 Realms"Tyr's Temple is only a gateway to the other realms, it itself is just a temple as one of the directors confirmed.
"Every branch of the World Tree transcends time and space"This is Freya's opinion, but she's not an expert on the tree and one of the directors already contradicted her. The tree can also become overgrown to the point where it can't support the weight of its branches and is trimmed by stags, reinforcing it not being Infinite and also questioning its durability. It's also highly unlikely the Tree was actually splintered by Thor and Jormie's fight since Ratatoskr makes no mention of this despite mentioning Ragnarok shaking it
"The GoW Earth is an Infinite-sized planet far bigger than our Earth"Straightforwardly disproved by one of the directors.
"Hyperion's spear can bear the weight of the Cosmos"Not only is the tensile strength/durability of a weapon irrelevant to the user, but the spear was forged in the sun's core, meaning the sun was able to mold and affect the spear which further shows how small the GoW "cosmos" is.
"Hermes dodged Helios' light which covered the Infinite Underworld"The Underworld is covered by the rest of Greece and has an edge, making it literally impossible to be Infinite. Hermes also only aim-dodges it (something Pandora does if Kratos tries to use it on her), his actual speed isn't even close to LS.
"Ares shook the earth by roaring/Atlas' hammer has the weight of the world/Essence of Hyperion is lightspeed"Addressed here. More concrete showings for Ares in particular include his knuckles breaking on bedrock and dying to a bridge-sized sword made of steel.
"Ares created a Universe to torment Kratos"The realm where Ares teleported Kratos was a product of his mind/illusion.
"The Deaths of the Greek Gods destroyed the whole world and Kratos beat them all"Circle back to points 2-3 and how Persephone's death destroyed an object she explicitly needed help to bust meaning you can't scale their death events to their combat abilities. Kratos' raw stats are also explicitly not at the level of the Greek Gods elemental powers, with Kratos needing to use weaponry to gradually wear them down.
Leftovers/ExtrasKratos never regained the divinity Olympus gave him, it remained in the Blade and without it actively in his grip he explicitly wasn't a God, with the only reason he's referred to as a God in new games being a definition change to include Demi-Gods like Kratos/Atreus. While every character has negative showings, they usually have a similar amount of positive showings, unlike Kratos who has far more of them than he does positive, making them his consistent level. Thor never fought Ragnarok and just spent his time dodging Jormungandr until he landed a hit that BFR'ed him. "Like a tree branch stretching out to Infinity" is the same thing as saying "like a highway that goes on forever" There's no evidence Nyx created the realm she resides in and Morpheus' mist enveloping Greece overtime is not only irrelevant to stats, but isn't tough enough to resist fire.

• Kratos Grin

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Kratos doesn't have that blade anymore either. New games say that Kratos was born a god now and that even Atreus is considered one.

Anyway, vsbattles arguments for GoW were disproved a long time ago.

Claim:Debunk:
"Kratos is Planet/Universal/Multiversal, L3+R3 solos"Absolutely not, there are over 120 showings to the contrary on top of the small handful of feats some use to present Kratos at that level all having context that renders them null.
"Realms in GoW are Infinite-sized Universes"The people who have worked on GoW have repeatedly stated the opposite and that characters have physically travelled between them.
"Kratos beat Cronos who beat Uranos who created the Universe in a fight with other Primordials"As covered above, the Primordials only created the Greek World, which is geographically separated from the rest of the planet. Further, Cronos used a stone scythe to defeat Uranos.
"Kratos overpowered Atlas who holds the Universe"Atlas only holds the Greek world with the aid of multiple pillars. Kratos also didn't overpower Atlas, and was as weak as baby in his 2 finger grip, only surviving due to Atlas wanting to hear Kratos out.
"Kratos flipped Tyr's Temple which has the weight of all 9 Realms"Tyr's Temple is only a gateway to the other realms, it itself is just a temple as one of the directors confirmed.
"Every branch of the World Tree transcends time and space"This is Freya's opinion, but she's not an expert on the tree and one of the directors already contradicted her. The tree can also become overgrown to the point where it can't support the weight of its branches and is trimmed by stags, reinforcing it not being Infinite and also questioning its durability. It's also highly unlikely the Tree was actually splintered by Thor and Jormie's fight since Ratatoskr makes no mention of this despite mentioning Ragnarok shaking it
"The GoW Earth is an Infinite-sized planet far bigger than our Earth"Straightforwardly disproved by one of the directors.
"Hyperion's spear can bear the weight of the Cosmos"Not only is the tensile strength/durability of a weapon irrelevant to the user, but the spear was forged in the sun's core, meaning the sun was able to mold and affect the spear which further shows how small the GoW "cosmos" is.
"Hermes dodged Helios' light which covered the Infinite Underworld"The Underworld is covered by the rest of Greece and has an edge, making it literally impossible to be Infinite. Hermes also only aim-dodges it (something Pandora does if Kratos tries to use it on her), his actual speed isn't even close to LS.
"Ares shook the earth by roaring/Atlas' hammer has the weight of the world/Essence of Hyperion is lightspeed"Addressed here. More concrete showings for Ares in particular include his knuckles breaking on bedrock and dying to a bridge-sized sword made of steel.
"Ares created a Universe to torment Kratos"The realm where Ares teleported Kratos was a product of his mind/illusion.
"The Deaths of the Greek Gods destroyed the whole world and Kratos beat them all"Circle back to points 2-3 and how Persephone's death destroyed an object she explicitly needed help to bust meaning you can't scale their death events to their combat abilities. Kratos' raw stats are also explicitly not at the level of the Greek Gods elemental powers, with Kratos needing to use weaponry to gradually wear them down.
Leftovers/ExtrasKratos never regained the divinity Olympus gave him, it remained in the Blade and without it actively in his grip he explicitly wasn't a God, with the only reason he's referred to as a God in new games being a definition change to include Demi-Gods like Kratos/Atreus. While every character has negative showings, they usually have a similar amount of positive showings, unlike Kratos who has far more of them than he does positive, making them his consistent level. Thor never fought Ragnarok and just spent his time dodging Jormungandr until he landed a hit that BFR'ed him. "Like a tree branch stretching out to Infinity" is the same thing as saying "like a highway that goes on forever" There's no evidence Nyx created the realm she resides in and Morpheus' mist enveloping Greece overtime is not only irrelevant to stats, but isn't tough enough to resist fire.
New blood, eh? Welcome to the OBD.

• Kratos Grin

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Plz don't bother to use garbage downplay like those it was made by reddit nerds to resort to use shitty low ends
agreed

I'm seeing the same guy who made that collection of kratos low ends do the same thing in the vegito vs green lanterns thread :tupac

(it's also literally yhwach (the user) on an alt but that's besides the point)

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Plz don't bother to use garbage downplay like those it was made by reddit nerds to resort to use shitty low ends
Agreed, the Novels are honestly just as genuinely awful as the Naruto Databooks and don't even make sense as Novelizations of the Work they are adapting.
The non-canon novels be used on either side, both to wank and downplay the series, all as both sides ignore the blatant contradictions they present to the primary canon, the games, while also ignoring that said novels, again, have zero canonicity, and might as well be their own bloody continuity. :jordangif

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Isn't the Hyperbolic Time Chamber dimension only the size of Earth though? :mjpls
Even if it is, it's an on-screen planetary feat + space-time destruction feat performed casually by Vegeta. Whereas Kratos' stuff is heavily reliant on statements, which get contradicted, as you well know. :mjlol

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Even if it is, it's an on-screen planetary feat + space-time destruction feat performed casually by Vegeta. Whereas Kratos' stuff is heavily reliant on statements, which get contradicted, as you well know. :mjlol
Fair, fair.

Back