• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

What was your first forum? And how many forums did you frequent before arriving here?

Son Goku

Notorious
2020-12-17-image-4.jpg
did you play alyx yet tho?

Son Goku

Notorious
My PC got a degrade in the face of a GT 710, I can't play anything post-2010 and to be honest now I feel like an idiot complaining for years how old my potato of a machine is only to see it can get even worse... Ironically with a newer GPU too...
Damn GabeN really has banished you to playing Decay over and over again.

Truly dark times.

Alyx was good :catsad

marf

🍌 Banana Joe 🍌
V.I.P. Member
FIrst forum I joined was Indiablo(later diablo2/3.ingame) around 2003 I think. Awesome Diablo community, with a truly great off topic section.
One legendary thread that I'll never forget, was made by a member about his and his girlfriends elaborate plan to break into the garden of a famous castle on valentines day. They planned to carve a heart with their initials into a certain tree, fill it with flammable gel and light it up. Sadly that forum got shut down earlier this year.

Around 2007 I joined another diablo forum called uncle-jo, simply because they always had the latest verson of hero editor available for download.

Next was the mangastream forum in 2008 I think. After they got shut down, I spend some time lurking on narutobase and then mangahelpers, where eventually I stumbled upon a rant about Tazmo's dirty deeds, leading me to NF around 2010 I think. Lurked there for a while, until I joined in 2012.

Around the same time I got into fanfiction and eventually joined the darklodpotter forum to get access to their work by author section.

Started lurking on tom's hardware and computerbase around 2009, gathering information for my first self build pc in 2010.

Joined the d2 snej forum when I got into diablo 2 modding and found out about the d2se mod manager around 2012 I think.

Spend some time lurking the jedi council forum around 2015.

After that it was just NF and now OLF.

Damn GabeN really has banished you to playing Decay over and over again.

Truly dark times.

Alyx was good :catsad
It's funny how HL was my first real obsession as a kid to a point where my mom actually thought it was unusual and my teachers, friends and even church buddies (dun ask) got worried I might be addicted not the game per se as I didn't own a PC but the world and creatures... I drew them EVERYWHERE, I couldn't stop talking about the story and themes I was for a lack of a better word a true fanatic... And yet when HL2 came out I felt nothing... City 17 was literally inspired by my own country and it was so surreal yet it felt so underwhelming compared to the steel corridors and abstract feel of Black Mesa and that good old goldsrc. Alyx feels even less exciting to me, it feels almost like a completely different franchise yet it is the absolute pinnacle of what Valve wanted to show through HL. It's so weird and bizarre that it drives me crazy sometimes.

If you haven't seen this short SFM yet it's the perfect example of what Valve gave us, they didn't create a game or even a story, they created a whole damn world...

Son Goku

Notorious
It's funny how HL was my first real obsession as a kid to a point where my mom actually thought it was unusual and my teachers, friends and even church buddies (dun ask) got worried I might be addicted not the game per se as I didn't own a PC but the world and creatures... I drew them EVERYWHERE, I couldn't stop talking about the story and themes I was for a lack of a better word a true fanatic... And yet when HL2 came out I felt nothing... City 17 was literally inspired by my own country and it was so surreal yet it felt so underwhelming compared to the steel corridors and abstract feel of Black Mesa and that good old goldsrc. Alyx feels even less exciting to me, it feels almost like a completely different franchise yet it is the absolute pinnacle of what Valve wanted to show through HL. It's so weird and bizarre that it drives me crazy sometimes.

If you haven't seen this short SFM yet it's the perfect example of what Valve gave us, they didn't create a game or even a story, they created a whole damn world...

Well I think Alyx is one of those games where the experience of playing it is really what makes it good. It's the most responsive VR game I have ever played and just being able to feel apart of the world and pick up stuff in the universe you'd only dream about in the 90's is what makes the game so good to me.

Well I think Alyx is one of those games where the experience of playing it is really what makes it good. It's the most responsive VR game I have ever played and just being able to feel apart of the world and pick up stuff in the universe you'd only dream about in the 90's is what makes the game so good to me.
I mean I have yet to experience VR so it's both exciting and a bit confusing to try and imagine how it feels. I'm a very visual person so I'll probably get disoriented fast trying to soak all the little details :kobeha

Son Goku

Notorious
I mean I have yet to experience VR so it's both exciting and a bit confusing to try and imagine how it feels. I'm a very visual person so I'll probably get disoriented fast trying to soak all the little details :kobeha
you can draw vortigaunts on the whiteboards in game what else do you need?

The Most Adminfuckable

I’m a cutie wootie please give me more adminfucks
It's a thing of the past. I was 7th or maybe 8th grade so around 2004-2005. It was an old Arabic forum with many sections but I joined mainly because it had a hacking section and I was like super into this stuff. The funny thing is, I became that section's mod in a short period and built this online reputation for my alias as a sup3rh4ker.. As 13yo
catskully.png

Great Potato

Preeminent
-First forum was MFG, up until the owner Ace closed it down.
-Ended up on Narutoforums afterwards looking for a new site to discuss One Piece
-Moved to TMF with the mass migration afterwards and served as Admin until the forum eventually got shut down
-Got the invite from B Rabbit to check this place out

I probably have a few more accounts elsewhere, but these are the noteworthy ones that I was a dedicated member

Back