• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Wrestling Wars Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I think CP has been very positional - earlier in the game he questioned Flower's claim but when he saw which way the wind was blowing he didn't press on. I could see a similar thing here happening with Ekko/Ratchet, he seems to follow the stonks and I don't have an inkling of what his thought process actually is. Bereft of reads in general.
re: Tiara that's not true. my first comment on the tiara claim was literally contradicting you

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Yeah, he is. I have no clue why he isn't pushing me when he said in the chat that I'm scum to him and dipped.

You have no idea?
Really?
You think I should be lynching two people at once?
Literally impossible to lynch two at once...

:whathekong

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
What other aspects of play are you considering here? It's the beginning of the game.

I'll give my interpretation here. Given Flower's sequence of actions:

- Agreeing with your accusation that she was nervous
- Saying she has something she wants to discuss but is waiting until everyone has arrived (which was unclear at first, but now checks out as waiting for her mason to get here)
- Couldn't abide by her own deadline and bursts forth with what's on her mind immediately and in public.

I think all of these fit the profile of her being townie. I think as scum, the default assumption is that she tries to sooth her masonry partner in private and keeps a lid on her role at least for now. For her to be scum here requires quite a bit of performance and self awareness.

You could argue she claimed just for the sake of credit but then she immediately discredits the reliability of her own claim with her questioning whether or not to say anything about her other mason.

So I think she's more likely to be town.

wow I got like totally the opposite impression

I feel like it's not a coincidence those more familiar with her meta are town reading her here
like how did you reach the conclusion that I "sensed which way the wind was blowing" when this was the exchange

Ultra

THE BEAR
you don't see my thought process with ratchet? huh?

If you are town, and he is scum, he has inevitably pushed on you because you're an easy target. But from my PoV you're not making it very distinguishable that you're just a lackin' townie. He has a point about your lack of reads in general.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Higurashi is a poor example for this. If there are 6 players left, 3 town and 3 mafia, and the day phase starts, usually the game is called. The reason for this is that the town can't achieve a lynch without one of the mafia joining them. If there is a double voter amongst the town, however, the game would not be called, because the town would have 4 votes. So you would end up with the game coming down to whether the town could lynch 2 futher times correctly without the double voter being killed. The exception to this is Mafia wincons that say "you win when you have parity", because they aren't factoring the total votes in to the resolution of the wincon (which is why I tend to use "Eliminate all threats").
make sense that way

i use: attain "vote" parity with town

in a way this is like in plurality games if its 3-3 and one town has 2 vote power the game doesn't end since town can still lynch scum

forgot about it that way

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
If you are town, and he is scum, he has inevitably pushed on you because you're an easy target. But from my PoV you're not making it very distinguishable that you're just a lackin' townie. He has a point about your lack of reads in general.
agree with the first point, and I think he's doing it because he's been called out for being apathetic and not trying to really make anything happen or discuss things of interest. then he goes for me for not giving reads on people who he admits have barely said anything

how are you not following

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
I don't like that you fed him the answer.
Specifically you gave him an out by saying "or did you mean flavor by role?"
Anyways he still admitted to having an actual role.

Just like I said.
To me the town mason is just a mason.
The scum mason has a scum ability too.
I was already a mason in a Poyser game....
A scum mason with ability
tonally speaking i dont think indigo has been scummy

Ultra

THE BEAR
agree with the first point, and I think he's doing it because he's been called out for being apathetic and not trying to really make anything happen or discuss things of interest. then he goes for me for not giving reads on people who he admits have barely said anything

That's essentially my point of view, so of course I follow it. But I think comparatively you've managed to look worse

Ratchet

Are you implying that becoming proactive over the course of the day is somehow scummy? I know you claimed it was "forced" too, ut I suspect you haven't given any of this much thought in general.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
You said this, and then never spoke of it again.
culture clash issue was about ambiguous mason pairs. nothing to do with reading tiara.

I agreed with your reply to me and found BPD's analysis of the situation interesting. he explained himself well enough tho. nothing left to say about it from my pov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back