• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Unranked All Fiction Favorites Mafia (GAME THREAD! GAME OVER!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
No need to go into setup spec btw. This is a bit of a useless discussion and won‘t be addressed or confirmed until after the game anyway.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Why did you assume it was her interaction with Flower then, and not the other part of her post?

Cuz that part seemed silly and it contaminated the whole thing.
Sussing the town confirmed flower?
Or was saying "interesting" actually just interesting and not interesting in a sus way

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
If people do that D3 that would be a really boring game played by amateurs.
The Greek Mythology Game I played on the other forum went like that. And yeah... the results for town weren't pretty lol.

So i'm not saying I would advise mass claiming. I just expect it to happen regardless at some point.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Please only later when we have a good PoE.
that was a post as a warning people are gonna just do it anyway

I want to avoid it, too, but my expectations for people not getting their rocks off on claiming is minimal

or idk maybe I'll be impressed this time

Grammaton

Consigliere
Notes tpein choosing to reply to the bystander rather than the guy he supposedly susses, even though they asked him the same question

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
like I said I don't have any particular strong ones off the top of my head

something may ping me later and takes me back to the very first few posts but it's too early for that (and leads to me kinda turbo giga tunneling)

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
Since Flower denied the idea I guess I can reveal what my methodology would've been.

I would've looked mostly for people trying to make it seem like they have a useless role when they don't.

It would've been easier for most to just give a neutral score (5 out of 10 or 3 out of 5) as that doesn't say much either way, but for people who go out of their way to give intentionally low scores they would have to act consistent with that and show consistent disappointment at their supposed "uselessness". And I thought it wouldn't be so easy to fake that.

Once D3 starts and the restriction is lifted we are going to get a lot of roleclaiming I imagine. So that would've also gone to show how fake or genuine people's initial ratings were.
This is a novel idea, but I fail to see how this would catch anyone.

Town just as well as scum would have reason to lie about their usefulness

Town would lie to get mafia off their ass, and scum would lie to get town off their ass.

In other words, this doesn't accomplish anything, well actually it favors scum more than anything, so this is not the greatest idea the way I see it.

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors
I like Gram and (to an extent) Psychic so far.
Why only to an extent?

Do you think Gram is off on Psychic? I think we need to solidify the town reads early on and not put the town reads on the chopping block before solving the PoE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back