• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Unranked All Fiction Favorites Mafia (GAME THREAD! GAME OVER!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

It was not because of the we word “just” though it did help, but that you quickly went from “mango is sus” to “mango is posting now and I like it, somewhat”.
Nope, we are talking about what you claimed was a slip. Don't get shy now.

I didn't progress all that quickly. In fact, my use of the word just being in error (according to you) was because I was referring to events from too long ago to be able to use the word "just" to refer to them, so now telling me it was all top quick is actually in contradiction to what you previously said.

One Last Username

Distinguished
It was earlier in the game, can't remember the post range.

Basically, because I used the word "just", he insisted I had "slipped" because I was referring to events from 1-2 hours prior, when if I was using the word "just", I should have only been referring to events from moments ago.

I pointed out that the word "just" can be used in different ways, and the context I used it in was to mean "exactly" and a means of couching the sentence (we are using informal language after all).

His response was to quote the google dictionary definition, full on copy and paste, including the "2" being visible to show that there were alternate ways to use the word.

In other words, he skipped the definition that applied to my usage, made it appear as if there were only one way to use the word, all to claim that I had slipped, when said slip doesn't even establish scum behaviour to begin with. A real gotcha, you like those no?
“Just” can mean immediate past.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
It was earlier in the game, can't remember the post range.

Basically, because I used the word "just", he insisted I had "slipped" because I was referring to events from 1-2 hours prior, when if I was using the word "just", I should have only been referring to events from moments ago.

I pointed out that the word "just" can be used in different ways, and the context I used it in was to mean "exactly" and a means of couching the sentence (we are using informal language after all).

His response was to quote the google dictionary definition, full on copy and paste, including the "2" being visible to show that there were alternate ways to use the word.

In other words, he skipped the definition that applied to my usage, made it appear as if there were only one way to use the word, all to claim that I had slipped, when said slip doesn't even establish scum behaviour to begin with. A real gotcha, you like those no?
cant rly understand it much without seeing the post itself but doesn't seem important

whats ur read of him rn?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
you say you try to solve ekko, ratchet, and ultra but they're all "dangerous" null reads. what does that mean?

why mention the flower thing at all?

xeno town read seems okay I guess. the mango and fuji ones probably generous? mango seems a lot different than last game, idk why you would compare him to how he was in a dead chat. can you expand on the fuji read pls?

okay so
psychologically:
if someone points out flower has no agenda when she calls bullshit, it pings people who do have one that they won't get very far - especially if statements against theirs can not be backed up.
it's actually a way more important thing to note if things get noisy and there's too many competing voices and statements that might fly around in the game because when flower is unconfirmed town, her lack of confidence is used against her. so scum are gonna try to work the other angle since they don't have their usual one.
but this is like, all really dependent upon her surviving and protects going through etc.
It's not functionally and mechanically a mason role, but that's why i treat it as important because it's information that needs to be used to towns advantage. hyping a player up that has legitimate towncred makes it harder for people with agendas to try to paint false pictures etc. it establishes a protown voice and gives town, hopefully after day 1 aswell/early game, the control of the thread.

as for dangerous, it's a subjective value. for me, not being able to confidently follow my gut instincts leaves blindspots that i try to prevent. fuji's role madness game (im still buzzing from that one lmao) i kept ignoring the instinctual feeling i didn't bother addressing even after the third shitty vig shot from ratchet that wound up helping scum!ratchet. or when you saw elden ring unfold and how desperate i was to trust ekko but didn't want to allow myself to be manipulated and he wound up being town.
these are all very common patterns that i keep falling into, so this is me actively trying to avoid going on either extreme spectrum so there's clarity past day 3, etc etc.
if, for instance, theyre scummates in a game together, they'll know what strings to pull accordingly or find a way to divert my attention if i wind up picking up on stuff. vice versa if they're town and im town too, i wind up tunneling out of control fucking over other people's reads in the process or not focusing on things that are in the background
with players like you, you have a level of consistency as does flower that helps me feel less like my strings are being pulled even if you theoretically wound up rolling scum or w/e. but i think that may be due to the fact that you two don't really play with agendas set in mind, so it may just be a false sense of security

tldr players i feel could easily manipulate me and potentially reads i lean town on can be manipulated, and that subtle manipulation where it's hard to connect those tells means players like them will simply have a very fun, easy breezy game
i mean i also suppose i feel more susceptible to being manipulated. nb4 i make it ridiculously hard for people to do so because im just a whirlwind of what ifs

One Last Username

Distinguished
Nope, we are talking about what you claimed was a slip. Don't get shy now.

I didn't progress all that quickly. In fact, my use of the word just being in error (according to you) was because I was referring to events from too long ago to be able to use the word "just" to refer to them, so now telling me it was all top quick is actually in contradiction to what you previously said.
How quickly did it progress?

Ratchet

cant rly understand it much without seeing the post itself but doesn't seem important

whats ur read of him rn?
Well he has engaged in mostly useless topics like always. I will say that his handling of my slot has been rather poor, and I feel like it's objectively manipulative in a way that can't just be dismissed as NAI AlwaysMind trolling, but everything outside of that has been par for the course. Which is to say, Null/Scum. Or as you would put it, "scum side of null".

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
“Just” can mean immediate past.

lmao i knew semantics were gonna be a problem

AM i like ya spunk my dude but you understand you're forcing your view of how you define its usage, yeah?
and it's so much harder to actually argue against the meaning of just precisely *because* of its many applications
i do this too so lemme help you out here

so you're asking the wrong question maybe.
the definition is irrelevant, you're gonna create pages of what someone meant using just.
do you feel their intent to use it was based on dishonesty? and why is it dishonest?

or you're just scum then w/e. you and mel have that commonality, you both latch onto specific details and wind up getting sussed for it. but if you're really gonna bark up the semantic tree, you're gonna have a hard time
or you're trolling
in which case gg no re

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
i could say the way i feel is blue like ten times until i hold my breath in anger and pass out
and you'd be yelling that i the way i feel is closer to turquoise actually

id just neck myself tbqh

Ultra

THE BEAR
I thought Mango was making no sense with some of the stuff he said like pondering the meaning of Pein claiming when nobody can claim, and turning his Ratchet read around in a short time, but then he started to sound more townie. You deciding to go for Pein instead of Mango made me think you might have interpreted Mango's reaction the same way I did. Doubt Mango would bus Pein like that day 1 so probably not aligned scum, one or the other if any.

Yeah I'm sorry if I'm wrong but the issue here is you're now just making up your own reasons to justify this town read because there's nothing there. Pointing this out to you should probably just cause you to retract it.

One Last Username

Distinguished
lmao i knew semantics were gonna be a problem

AM i like ya spunk my dude but you understand you're forcing your view of how you define its usage, yeah?
and it's so much harder to actually argue against the meaning of just precisely *because* of its many applications
i do this too so lemme help you out here

so you're asking the wrong question maybe.
the definition is irrelevant, you're gonna create pages of what someone meant using just.
do you feel their intent to use it was based on dishonesty? and why is it dishonest?

or you're just scum then w/e. you and mel have that commonality, you both latch onto specific details and wind up getting sussed for it. but if you're really gonna bark up the semantic tree, you're gonna have a hard time
or you're trolling
in which case gg no re
Like I’ve said, I’m no longer voting ratchet. I just saw an earlier interaction that I found interesting and wanted to dig deeper

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Not going to lie this post from tweet registers as weird to me since I've taken strong positions on two players he's also expressed interest (He's voting Mango, and he's town reading Oneiros) and and he's factored none of that into his assessment.
You've just flown completely under my radar so far

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i could say the way i feel is blue like ten times until i hold my breath in anger and pass out
and you'd be yelling that i the way i feel is closer to turquoise actually

id just neck myself tbqh
Translation?

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
roman-reigns-smack-down2022entrance.gif

Vote lynch Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back