Game Ranked All of Us Are Dead Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
My final thoughts: fun game. Enjoyed it a lot, thank you @hime and @Ratchet.

Anyway while I crashed out in the end of the game's final couple of day phases, I think I did alright. The biggest issue was I got spooked by Craig role revealing himself as my antithesis in the game: them playing too cautiously and not igniting Ekko, Gram, and Magic night 4. With only 2 ignite shots available to me I had hoped hinting my targets when I fake claimed the Hider role that the scum got the message to leave me alone and let me get kills on town.

I looked over in the mafia chat and only Ekko got it between himself in RDK. Though I don't agree with Craig's claim I had no "bite" as town; time zone differences, working 2 jobs, and particularly Monday- Wednesday being the worst part of my regular work days. I never expected to see Ekko get hammered so fast in a day phase where I was hoping Gram could forestall things so I could get my chance when back home at night.

Yes hindsight is the best but I had a gut feeling I should've ignited and take my possible win there but I didn't understand the way Craig's firefighter ability worked. Did it stop the kill when he targeted someone to save the same night I ignite then? Or only before after I doused them bit before igniting?

As for @RDK I was perfectly willing to spare him had he let me douse Watson and Craig, leave the game with my 3 kills. Or douse Craig and RDK and let Retro be the winner for town. It was actually the worst shittiest feeling that Ekko got lynched and Magic killed by the scum team.

As for @Flower I really didn't want to see you lynched and that is the honest truth.

@Magic I think you fought an uphill battle from the start dealing with Ekko and against Gram + Craig but you were generally good here.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Issue is you're banking on Godfather (RDK, to be specific) to play ball with you and take you for your word and intent

Never assume that Mafia would side with you to guarantee a win - 1 scum v 1 indie are still gunning for first place, you are not aligned in any sense

Not everyone will extend an olive branch and it'd be safe to assume players like RDK wouldn't trust you to keep your end of the bargain as an independent party, he was essentially soloing the game and in a position where he couldn't successfully entice Craig into lynching period, which only really left you because he -and you - had zero pull with Craig

Reading the "no one was killed!" in a row essentially made this a meme worthy pissing contest and it was totally unexpected and entertaining

It's funny because I did believe you fit the indie profile regardless and my plan was to go for RDK next because of some subconscious shit I haven't pieced together yet
Although since I wasn't there I think it'd end in the same result, as Craig was more inclined to be shocked at the bizarre reality and wouldn't really trust my own plan, especially since I had no more shots period so I'd be banking on a gut read which is not really a convincing argument

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
ignited and take my possible win there but I didn't understand the way Craig's firefighter ability worked. Did it stop the kill when he targeted someone to save the same night I ignite then? Or only before after I doused them bit before igniting?
This is where you YOLO it if you don't understand how a role operates to counteract yours imo (if you haven't rolled this thing before I mean)
You either win or lose, and whatever the result, you gain future knowledge to play a role like this more effectively

But I guess I understand your decision for why you hesitated? Maybe?

I'm glad you didn't because Hime's day phase opening posts are 10/10

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
This is where you YOLO it if you don't understand how a role operates to counteract yours imo
You either win or lose

I'm glad you didn't because Hime's day phase opening posts are 10/10
If I was aware there was no watcher I would've 100% doused you instead of Gram night 2. Imagine if night 4 went differently, I ignited and went with my original choice of T-Pein over Ekko. Boom, town loses vig, cop, and Magic.

Ah I wish I had that kind of chaos cooked up. I will thank Ekko and his pals for offing Ultra night 1 though. He would've probably sussed me out by day 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back