Ranked Baki Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Bachi vs Frinckles seems fun. It's interesting since I feel like Bachi is in the middle of two separate wagons (Bachi vs Frinckles and Bachi vs Sky).

@Sky @Aurelian Thoughts on Frinckles?
No idea.
Never played with him before, don't have any experience of past games to read them. Some of their posts seem innocuous and honest at first glance but others do trip up some warning flags.

Firmly have them in the null range but I wouldn't mind flipping them, not really invested in them so far. I also am similarly inclined to read Nibel the same way.
Alright, so here's what occured in terms of votes

Gram, Gad, Orwellian immediately hop on it, Sky being more hesitant to just slam her hand on the button
This reads like your implying or framing the summarization of our votes on Chouchou/Balsamic as a set-up and we're equity wise scummy for going after her for being a LHF. Is this a wrong impression I'm taking from you or not?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I echo the sentiment that Aurelian seemed to be very nonchalant about the vote
This comes off as posturing from you. Yeah my vote wasn't particularly planned out or hesitant but I think most of us with experience playing with her knows she was going to get resolved fairly quickly one way or another. Your shading my vote as if being 'nonchalant' about it is somehow a negative thing from me voting her. Which is interesting given I've already somewhat acquiesced to Magic's request to leave Xenos alone for now. Also my vote was and still remains on Sky who I think is more important to flip at the moment.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
He should show up
You said you read me vs Xenos at least for now as tvt, how do you see Sky, Tweet, and Craig? What about Hayumi and Jinri? I'm also ironically going echo the kweh the wagon on Frinckles felt a little unnatural with how fast it formed.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Resolving this via flip is fine to me given that I think town has started finding eachother and will make weeding out scum easier. Leaving me alive at this point would just make slots like Sky more paranoid.

Don't get me wrong, I'll hammer anything that moves to live if needed. It's a ranked game and I'm entitled to self prez, but in the status quo the game seems to want me bounced and no other slots are gaining reasonable traction. Like, none, strangely enough.

That's about all I got for now.
Compared to you, say, acclimating and actually attempting to achieve some mild form of faith in Sky instead?
You're just gonna go down, like that?
So what would you expect out of scum in her slot?

She didn't vote me she voted her previous town read as it's a weaker option than me while claiming it's to solve me when alternatively it's the best insurance it won't be her.
What would I expect...

@Sky
Quote the exchange that started this with you
Quote the most recent exchange acknowledging this

No "but why", let me see from your own eyes

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
You trying to basically do something that condemns you trying to buy brownie points because "scum would never do that".
This seems unlike you, you usually like to see things from every angle but here you just choose to see his WIFOM defense as further proof that he's scum. Agenda-y imo

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Uh, I'd say YEAH, lmao
wtf is happening here

You're really on the defense this game, aren't you

Anyway no, I'm solating you as scum, not you with a scum partner
So to be clear: now your following a certain someone's else's pathos that asking a question is being defensive? I'm really curious why your making such immediate 180 from your earlier read on me. Your arguing a flimsy case to isolate a view I'm scum but what happens when your analysis and jugement is wrong? Just gonna walk back on it and hope it gets swept under the rug?

Seems like your counting your chickens before the eggs hatch.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
@Hayumi which 2 or 3 players have the highest likelihood of having equity as scum in your eyes? In other words who are your top reads as scum.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Catching back up. The modkill was unfortunate, but understandable. Would've preferred someone sub in for her though.

Gonna compile all the read lists I noticed while catching up. Since I think it's nice to have them in one place.

tweet, retro, hayumi, xenos, jinri vibing town

sky, frinckles, and aurelian vibing scummy to me rn

you and magic I'm going back and forth on

everyone else null

Ye, I got jinri, Retro, Xenos, Aurelian and to a lesser degree Frinckles as town

You're going to have to explain why you don't like it with whatever information that I had.

Anyway:

Xeno: fluffed mechanics talk, very defensive over what amounted to one vote, maybe too nervous?
Aurelian: Fang? Seems very neutral like every time I've played with them; not interested in voting them at the moment
Retrolize: I feel like there's too vote counting. Even if it's just for themselves, I'd like to see more content instead of padding.
ChouChou: just vig them if they aren't playing; no need to waste a lynch
Sky: I like Shy's initiative for most of D1. Not afraid to actually cause some trouble and engage with others, even provoking others. I'm okay with having them around for an extra dayphase.
Hayumi: Hasn't don't much. Very neutral on them.
Bachi: Similarly to Sky, I like their engagement so far.
Frinkles: Not sure how I feel about them. Lots of post but relatively small amount of content from them. I wouldn't mind someone poking them a bit.
CraigPelton: Neutral. I don't feel anything about them.

Busy. I'll post more later,.

Town read : Frickles, Magic and Retro
For the scums, I honestly don't know, I wish to see more reactions before the ends day

Okay here's my brain stuff regarding the pertinent issues

Bachi potentially linked to CP, and Magic potentially linked to Frinckles. There's not scum in both those pairs, but I'd say one of them is s/s. CP/Magic are 2000% not knowingly aligned.
Jinri maybe in that Bachi/CP circle given the reads there
Tweet sticking close to Magic's thoughts recently, maybe scum? maybe pocketed? who knows

Town leader Gram is my thought

(I know the last quote from Sky isn't exactly a "read list" per se, but it does seem pretty contributory towards their reads) Of these. Nibel's definitely looks the worst to me. Especially given they voted Frinckles soon after just to sheep Sky.

And to comment on Frinckles role claim.

Izou Motobe!

The character definitely makes sense to be in this arc of Baki at least. He did show up towards the end and fought Yanagi, one of the convicts.

I know I was tagged/quoted a few times as well. So it'll be a sec but i'll share some responses for those too.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
So to be clear: now your following a certain someone's else's pathos that asking a question is being defensive? I'm really curious why your making such immediate 180 from your earlier read on me. Your arguing a flimsy case to isolate a view I'm scum but what happens when your analysis and jugement is wrong? Just gonna walk back on it and hope it gets swept under the rug?

Seems like your counting your chickens before the eggs hatch.
I'm reading you paranoid as fuck

every single post toward or about you of what you perceive to be criticsism of your reactions = "shush scumboi" is... well, yeah, fucking defensive.

And it's just weird, point blank.

I'm fairly sure you're hard tunneling that's either going to 1) prove you correct, further cementing your other reads 2) prove you incorrect, further cementing your other reads

And frankly there's no winning in this game with you like this, because any type of reaction that even slightly colors you as suspect in someone else's eyes is going to be seen as scum. Scummity scum scum scum.
What do you expect me to do here when I see all of this unfolding?

I don't feel you're scum (atleast for now), but again, your defensiveness is fucking weird. Flat out. You're defensive in general, but not as aggressively defensive that any and all discussion halts.

Here's the only tother thing that's truly pinged me that you and I know I normally wouldn't bother with, but alas

You can't open in a game with, "I'm not scared."
Do you understand regardless of whether this is some 4D bait or whatever the fuck, Town is going to look at shit like this and go "...but why"? Because sometimes Town isn't on the 4D Koolaid, yeah?

You can't open in a game with "but you were scum in this game and did XYZ!!!" and refused to admit or acknowledge the possibility that your read on them on this basis is silly?

You're deathtunneling anyone who is even remotely in line with Xenos' view of you/someone who's got or shared similar sentiments.
That's literally all this is.

And not you're going to bite back with "no you and your mom defensive and wrong, and though I may not say it, you agreeing even just slightly withvsomeone else I have pegged as a scum read is AUTOSCUM"

Frinckles

Paramount
Compared to you, say, acclimating and actually attempting to achieve some mild form of faith in Sky instead?
You're just gonna go down, like that?

What would I expect...

@Sky
Quote the exchange that started this with you
Quote the most recent exchange acknowledging this

No "but why", let me see from your own eyes
Yeah, town clipped a VT d1. I pushed my scumreads and played but we get the same old same old. It's not a big deal. Well, rather it'd be a smaller deal without the chouchou situation but I digress.

This is an impossible situation for me barring an alternative. I keep seeing people addressing Sky directly as if they doomed me but they'd be completely hand-waiving Bachi, Gam and Jinri in the process without another look. I doubt ALL three are scum there's work to be looked at when I flip.

You would all find a scum Sky eventually from how I've seen you guys interact. Sky is too active. And ignoring the others is silly when we're basically about to lose 3 town in one cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back