Bleach Thread

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
No sign of any changes in that trailer, it's all just shots from the manga.

I mean it looks nice but there's no reason for me to get excited yet until I see some indication they're actually trying to salvage something out of this train wreck.

No sign of any changes in that trailer, it's all just shots from the manga.

I mean it looks nice but there's no reason for me to get excited yet until I see some indication they're actually trying to salvage something out of this train wreck.
To be fair, it's more just showing the anime exists and that they have gotten the main designs done atm as well as the general art style of the series and even music tracks.
We will have to wait for future trailers to actually see whether or not there will be any real changes to it which I hope it is.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
To be fair, it's more just showing the anime exists and that they have gotten the main designs done atm as well as the general art style of the series and even music tracks.
I get that, as I said it looks nice, it will just take more than good animation and music to sell me on it, especially when it's an arc I didn't like to start with.

I mean I like Ghost Reaper Girl but I would still be hella hesitant to get excited if it got an anime announcement for various reasons, the main one being the poor track record established by the abysmal Rosario anime adaptation.

I suppose I just need a bit more before I can get excited like I immediately got with the Shaman King remake only to get burned badly .
We will have to wait for future trailers to actually see whether or not there will be any real changes to it which I hope it is.
I definitely do hope for changes, I don't WANT this to be shit like the people in the Bleach section probably think I do. I mean i did REALLY like this series at one point. If at all possible, I want this version of the arc to at least be a decent final arc and not like the trainwreck the manga was.

Of course, I'm not saying you did or anything of the sort.
I also want this final arc to actually be what Kubo wanted it to be without the issues of failing health or cutting the final parts short.
I actually want him to use what he has brought up in the novels to expand on the arc and actually give it some damn good run time and not Final Act it.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/my-notes-from-the-kubo-q-a-block.1247604/
Apparently Kubo had some Q&A block and here are some of the questions and answers.
Q: Was it hard for you to decide to end Bleach so abruptly?
A: I am the kind of person who can adjust to sudden changes really quickly, so the moment I knew it’s time to end it, I did so and didn’t overthink what could or could not have been done instead.

Q: Are Aizen, Mayuri and Yoruichi still your most favorite characters?
A: I do still love them, but there are few fun and new ones I’d add - Askin and Oetsu come first to mind - they’re so easygoing but at the same time you don’t know whether they’re about to mess around or murder you*laughs*

Q: Fans were speculating that Urahara Kisuke might become the main antagonist. Was there any possibility of this happening?
A: While I find these theories interesting, I had Urahara Kisuke’s story planned from day 1, and him becoming a villain was never something I even considered. I can see where those ideas are coming from though, since his moral code is quite complex.

Q: Which characters were the most fun for you to draw in the last arc?
A: *thinks* Besides Orihime, Yoruichi, Mayuri - from the new line-up Askin, Yhwach and Bambietta were fun for me.

Q: Some fans were delighted to see their favorite Espada characters returning, but in the end they didn’t get much show-time. Why?
A: I had some bigger plans for Grimmjow and Hallibel especially, but due to time constraints I could not fully execute those, which I am quite disappointed about. All I can say to those fans is to look forward to the new season of anime.

Q: Was Unohana truly the strongest Shinigami? Can she beat everyone?
A: She was the best in terms of raw power, but that’s not the only thing which matters in a fight. Thanks to their cunningness or special abilities, Shinigami like Royal Guard, Commander or Urahara are on her level or above.
At the very least Kubo is basically confirming the anime will be adding stuff to the arc based on what he had originally planned to do. Specifically in this case, something to do with Grimmjow and Harribel, no mention of Nelliel but I'm assuming there'll be something for her as well.

Unohana is the "best in terms of raw power" but the "Royal Guard, Commander or Urahara are on her level or above". That's basically where we have her already so it's nothing new but interesting tidbit anyway.

I can't really call out Kubo on most of that but it was also obvious that his health was failing him and he chose the decision to end it early rather than taking a break just to fully end it...
All of that really tracks together.
But yeah, I do hope this is full confirmation since he IS the director of the anime now.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I can't really call out Kubo on most of that but it was also obvious that his health was failing him and he chose the decision to end it early rather than taking a break just to fully end it...
All of that really tracks together.
But yeah, I do hope this is full confirmation since he IS the director of the anime now.
Fair warning, there is no source on this Q&A so it may not be legit.

I might have jumped the gun a bit on posting it here but TBF nothing in it seems outlandish to me at least so it could be legit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

It wouldn't be the first time someone in the Bleach section literally made up a Q&A. Although last time it was only one question, which specifically and "conveniently" refutes Urahara being equal to Aizen, by using all the standard bullshit arguments you see the Aizen fanboys use. :maybe

TL;DR
Basically he lost nothing, can choose the form of his Shikai at will but it's True Form is the dual blades, he COULD potentially have done the switch with his Old and True Bankai but Haschwalth wrecking the blade made that impossible. The "Sheathe" of his True Bankai(which represents his Quincy Powers) got permanently absorbed into the Bankai itself which is why we never see that anymore and Kubo fully denies Ichigo lost anything

EDIT: Apparently even his Dual Blade True Shikai is meant to be a "Scabbard" and a "Blade" formation, which makes more sense.

I'm just gonna bring in this whole thing from FV so we can get more info from Kubo himself until the Anime appears, especially since Kubo did toss in the idea that the Anime potentially will expand on certain elements of the war.

Reactions: Ral
And more Klub Outside Questions are answered here:

Q309:
If Grimmjow trains, could he eventually unlock Segunda Etapa?
A309:
Yes.

Q310:
In chapter 2 we see Ichigo fighting a Hollow in the Yumizawa Children Park. Is the name "Yumizawa" in any way related to the Quincy?
The Ishida family has been residing in the spiritually rich Karakura Town since long ago, so I was thinking that they might have named the park by using a Quincy-esque term.
A310:
Woah!? It actually is related. OMG!
I'm surprised you figured it out because I simply came up with the name when playing around with the story setting. I had no intention of actually bringing this up.

Q321:
When Byakuya fought Pepe, even thought he was hit with the Love Kiss, he was not turned into a puppet.
Is that because the mantle Byakuya was wearing was made from the Oken?
A321:
That's correct. Come to mention, I couldn't find the right moment to mention this back then...

If people want to know what they are talking about, they mean the capes Rukia, Renji, Byakuya and Ichigo wore when they came back from the Soul Palace. Apparently the clothing the Royal Guard gave them can block various hax(Or at the very least undoes reishi/reiatsu bonds on contact

Q322:
When we are first introduced to the Soul King, he clearly has all four of his limbs. When did you actually decide to get rid of his limbs?
Also, when Pernida Parnkgjas crushes the Second-Class Divine Soldier, they are shown to actually have a normal left hand too so I'm thinking that back then it had not yet been decided that Pernida was going to be the Soul King's Left Arm.
A322:
Well, the setting I came up with for them is that "normally, they can hold an imperfect human form, but when they lose themselves they can no longer hold it together and their true identity (that of the left arm) is revealed", but since it's pretty hard to grasp I guess I could've scrapped this idea.
Anyway, I really wanted to draw the bit in which their hood tears apart when they turn into the Left Arm.

Reactions: Ral

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Apparently Nazi arc Rangiku has achieved Bankai.

%E5%8D%8D%E8%A7%A3%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6.jpg

“Rangiku barely dodged having her Bankai stolen.”

Apparently Nazi arc Rangiku has achieved Bankai.

%E5%8D%8D%E8%A7%A3%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6.jpg

“Rangiku barely dodged having her Bankai stolen.”

Well that does make sense with the fact she's SUPPOSED to have the Soul King's Reiatsu within her which is why Aizen took a big chunk of her soul.
It's hilariously amazing that she jobs so often to finally have achieved a Bankai and falls into the Hisagi Zone of not using it(though to be fair, she was most likely jumped from behind and wrecked as badly as Hitsugaya was against Bazz.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Well that does make sense with the fact she's SUPPOSED to have the Soul King's Reiatsu within her which is why Aizen took a big chunk of her soul.
There's also the fact that she's on the older side of the age spectrum as far as Lieutenants go so there's, enough time to fit the 10 years training for bankai and she was consistently impressive by Lieutenant standards.

I mean she intercepted Shinso (albeit from a distance), embarrassed Izuru and survived a 3 v 1 with three of the most powerful fraccions for a prolonged period of time.

I've always seen her as just below the Lieutenants who already had Bankai (Renji, Chojiro and Hisagi) so it doesn't surprise me that she was gained bankai herself.
It's hilariously amazing that she jobs so often to finally have achieved a Bankai and falls into the Hisagi Zone of not using it(though to be fair, she was most likely jumped from behind and wrecked as badly as Hitsugaya was against Bazz.
I mean you have the issue of the Bankai stealing medallions and by the time those were dealt with, the Nazis would left would all have been well out of her league with or without Bankai. :maybe

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Databook. Which it's not the first time Kubo dumped shit into something like it and it becomes canon later or foreshadowing(Unohana).
Right. So apparently Rangiku having fucking soul king reiatsu which was taken by Aizen was not important enough to put in the manga. Despite how Rangiku and Aizen having Soul King reiatsu sounds pretty fucking important?

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Right. So apparently Rangiku having fucking soul king reiatsu which was taken by Aizen was not important enough to put in the manga. Despite how Rangiku and Aizen having Soul King reiatsu sounds pretty fucking important?
Especially given this incident is what provides Gin's motivation for wanting to kill Aizen. :maybe

Actually we see the aftermath happening(i.e. It's why we see Aizen having the Hyogoku near child Rangiku while Gin saw it), we just never saw the incident that lead to it(i.e. Aizen discovering she had it at all).

Back