Bleach Thread

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Actually we see the aftermath happening(i.e. It's why we see Aizen having the Hyogoku near child Rangiku while Gin saw it), we just never saw the incident that lead to it(i.e. Aizen discovering she had it at all).
Wait really? I don’t remember the Hogyoku being near Rangiku. I do remember though Aizen sharing some reiatsu with some other Shinigami while Child Gin watched before he approached.

Wait really? I don’t remember the Hogyoku being near Rangiku. I do remember though Aizen sharing some reiatsu with some other Shinigami while Child Gin watched before he approached.

It was before Gin's death, they very much show off that Aizen had the Hyogoku when he was next to Rangiku, that's why Gin wanted it in the first place, to restore her damaged soul(Which becomes more hilarious given how strong she is without her full soul then)

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
It was before Gin's death, they very much show off that Aizen had the Hyogoku when he was next to Rangiku, that's why Gin wanted it in the first place, to restore her damaged soul(Which becomes more hilarious given how strong she is without her full soul then)
Well I’ll need reread.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I hate these cut up videos but the part I'm talking about is here, pretty sure @Adamant soul can back me up here.

Actually I didn't remember it showing the Hougyoku either, remember I haven't actually read all that in quite a while.

But I think the point kind of stands that there were details left out there, that really should have been included, given how integral it is to both Gin and Rangiku as characters.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I thought it was obvious when Gin went for the Hyogoku after that...?
Guess it really was just me then.
You can connect the dots on it, but it's not really obvious per se, more of a blink and you'll miss it kind of thing.

Like how I'm going through Fate at the moment and when Archer hands Rin back the pendant (despite already knowing the Archer = Shirou twist) I didn't put 2 and 2 together on it not actually being the same pendant (well it is but you know what I mean) until I thought about it later, at which point I went "Oh that's clever". 👍

Kubo still could have made it clearer though IMO or gone into more detail in the manga.

I can't believe it actually took this fucking long for me to actually understand what Kubo was going for with Aizen... and it took someone else putting down the pieces for me to understand Kubo's entire intention with Yhwach, Soul King, the Stagnant World and why Aizen returned to Muken:

Pathetic is an opinion of the observer.

Aizen simply realized the futility of immortality eventually, which is why he's the one speaking about Yhwach's world without fear of death and mournful/regretful when noting how important fear is to the living.

Note his expression.

If this wasn't clear enough, Kubo illustrates this in the mini comics.

Bleach is the story of the Brave because, in spite of their adversity and fear of death, they continue to march forward and conquer those fears. Aizen, as a true immortal, has no place in this world. He is without agency, he is without fear and has no need of hope.

Aizen wasn't actually kissing Ichigo's ass in the final chapter as I thought and why he went back into the Muken makes sense. By completely becoming Immortal, Aizen removed any real reason or purpose in his own existence as he believed so himself. When he mentioned how those who fear death can live on and do new shit, he was also speaking against HIMSELF as well as Yhwach. By effectively becoming Immortal, he became stagnant, which would have been the same problem that the Soul King himself did in CFYOW

i.e. It's literally the worst thing you could ever do in terms of the Bleach Universe

TL;DR: Sosuke Aizen returned to the Muken when he could have left after the battle with Yhwach as he realized he had NOTHING to truly fear or strive for after becoming a true Immortal. The Soul King and Yhwach was ultimately aiming and for the former kept up a STAGNANT WORLD, which further makes why Aizen went to Muken willingly actually makes sense with Kubo's ultimate theme here.
By becoming Stagnant, you cease to fell fear and without the fear of death and no need of hope and thus, you can't move forward.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
So something I just thought of. Did Ichigo actually outstat Yhwach in pure power? I remember Yhwach said something like you are super powerful so imma break your bankai now.

So something I just thought of. Did Ichigo actually outstat Yhwach in pure power? I remember Yhwach said something like you are super powerful so imma break your bankai now.

Ichigo is explicitly stronger than Yhwach, that's why Yhwach constantly went for his Bankai even after he was drained of his Hollow and Quincy powers. He outstats Soul King Yhwach, let alone normal Yhwach, by an outrageous amount in Bankai.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Ichigo is explicitly stronger than Yhwach, that's why Yhwach constantly went for his Bankai even after he was drained of his Hollow and Quincy powers. He outstats Soul King Yhwach, let alone normal Yhwach, by an outrageous amount in Bankai.
I can't believe I just realized this.

:wow

Bob74h

The Supreme King
the anime of bleach is better then the manga, it has great themes to go with the story and good animation. Also all the benefits that come with being an anime such as voice acting and color

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm up to ep 24 of the anime. I'm pretty sure Jidanbo lost his arm in the manga than just getting a cut like in the anime.
Yeah the anime is heavily censored in terms of the gore, it's probably the biggest legit issue it has.
Also, Orihime is even more fucking annoying and clingy than she was thanks to the sub va.
Yep

Unfortunately I do generally prefer the sub VAs so i stick with that version, but Bleach does have the benefit of having a pretty good dub. Including Johnny Yong Bosch (Black Ranger) as Ichigo, which is always a plus.

Though there are still scenes that just work better subbed.

Back