Bleach Thread

3rd Episode is out, the fight between Quilge and Ichigo didn't actually get changed much outside of more spectacle in terms of how their attacks came off(The effects for Quincy absorbing Reishi looks so damn good) but they actually did a real good job in actually showing how Uryu ultimately became part of the Vandenreich, I actually like that alot, gives him some actual agency that he didn't get in the arc and further hints at his mother which we only got at the tail end of why he would be there at all.

And we got an actual look at some of the Sternritter who appeared in the Soul Society attack and Askin is in there so that's definitely one but we may get the others like Nianzol which would be good to have them get some focus now so they just won't get murdered as soon as they appear.

Ultimately, I will give it a 7/10. I didn't really expect them to really expand Quilge vs. Ichigo as it's one of the few fights that didn't really need an expansion and it's fine for what it is. I wish we got a little more of Uryu feeling betrayed his father knew of the Vandenreich, Yhwach and even how his mother died and just never told him and while it made sense to recap the Quincy/Shinigami feud(Especially in relation to why they killed the Hollows and why that's a problem), I felt it took too much of the screentime for something like that.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
3rd Episode is out, the fight between Quilge and Ichigo didn't actually get changed much outside of more spectacle in terms of how their attacks came off(The effects for Quincy absorbing Reishi looks so damn good) but they actually did a real good job in actually showing how Uryu ultimately became part of the Vandenreich, I actually like that alot, gives him some actual agency that he didn't get in the arc and further hints at his mother which we only got at the tail end of why he would be there at all.
I did like that they eliminated all doubt by having Quilge state the GULF IN POWER between Letz Still and Vollstanding is like heaven and earth. Since there were actually some idiots who still believed the former was more powerful, while Vollstanding was just better in general.

It also eliminates confusion on weather or not Mayuri got stronger between the start and end of the series, since he doesn't get insta-fucked by Vollstanding like he did Letz Still.
And we got an actual look at some of the Sternritter who appeared in the Soul Society attack and Askin is in there so that's definitely one but we may get the others like Nianzol which would be good to have them get some focus now so they just won't get murdered as soon as they appear.

Ultimately, I will give it a 7/10. I didn't really expect them to really expand Quilge vs. Ichigo as it's one of the few fights that didn't really need an expansion and it's fine for what it is. I wish we got a little more of Uryu feeling betrayed his father knew of the Vandenreich, Yhwach and even how his mother died and just never told him and while it made sense to recap the Quincy/Shinigami feud(Especially in relation to why they killed the Hollows and why that's a problem), I felt it took too much of the screentime for something like that.
People are complaining about the 1st invasion scenes going by too fast, but I honestly didn't have much of a problem with it, as long as it's to make room for expanding the fights between the actual non-fodder characters. :maybe

I gave it an 8/10 I thought it was the best episode so far.

I did like that they eliminated all doubt by having Quilge state the GULF IN POWER between Letz Still and Vollstanding is like heaven and earth. Since there were actually some idiots who still believed the former was more powerful, while Vollstanding was just better in general.

Yeah, that's real fucking stupid to pretend that Letz Stil and Volstandigt is anywhere in the same ballpark. It's clearly obvious Souken washed his hands of the Quincy and went the old fashion to further spite them.

It also eliminates confusion on weather or not Mayuri got stronger between the start and end of the series, since he doesn't get insta-fucked by Vollstanding like he did Letz Still.

That's also a good point.

People are complaining about the 1st invasion scenes going by too fast, but I honestly didn't have much of a problem with it, as long as it's to make room for expanding the fights between the actual non-fodder characters. :maybe

Eh, the 1st Invasion needs a few actual fight scenes to show what happened between most of the Captains and Lieutenants but everyone's acting like everyone is going to get a battle when that's clearly not the case.
I just want 2 simple things:
1. Show us exactly who was in the 1st Invasion
2. Show us how badly the Soul Society gets it's shit wrecked.

j9qogkw1vrv91.jpg
8g9htkw1vrv91.jpg

I like how he makes Art of these 2 despite killing them off almost immediately after we knew of their existence and thought they may be the typical enemy/rival to Ichigo :skully

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, that's real fucking stupid to pretend that Letz Stil and Volstandigt is anywhere in the same ballpark. It's clearly obvious Souken washed his hands of the Quincy and went the old fashion to further spite them.
I mean it doesn't really work as spite when the old man gets himself killed by enemies, he would have otherwise easily crushed. :maybe

Though I suppose it did mean that he died with his honor as a True Quincy intact.
Let the Nazis use their new bullshit, you do you old man. :awesome
That's also a good point.
Still surprises me how many people deny that he got stronger.

Though the worst one in that case is people actually thinking Sajin's assassination transformation didn't make him any stronger.
Eh, the 1st Invasion needs a few actual fight scenes to show what happened between most of the Captains and Lieutenants but everyone's acting like everyone is going to get a battle when that's clearly not the case.
I just want 2 simple things:
1. Show us exactly who was in the 1st Invasion
2. Show us how badly the Soul Society gets it's shit wrecked.
I just want Yamamoto to get a better send off, at least give the man a good fight that isn't just a one-sided spectacle, before he gets fucked.

I mean it doesn't really work as spite when the old man gets himself killed by enemies, he would have otherwise easily crushed. :maybe

Though I suppose it did mean that he died with his honor as a True Quincy intact.
Let the Nazis use their new bullshit, you do you old man. :awesome

That's how it seemed like to me. Souken wanted the "True Quincy" or "Final Quincy" if you will to basically work together with the Soul Reapers and ignore the bullshit with the Vandenreich entirely. Sure Mayuri got to him but it's better than going with Yhwach's fucked up principles.

Still surprises me how many people deny that he got stronger.

Though the worst one in that case is people actually thinking Sajin's assassination transformation didn't make him any stronger.

Yeah, that's fucking real stupid despite his transformation legit made him stronger when Normal Bambietta nearly KILLED HIM in their confrontation. I'll get into Komomura's "Assassination" when we get to it but that will be a few months from now minimum and it's going to be a bit weird.

I just want Yamamoto to get a better send off, at least give the man a good fight that isn't just a one-sided spectacle, before he gets fucked.

True but on the other hand, it actually makes Yhwach look intelligent rather than be retarded and fight Yamamoto head up...
I do get it and I kinda hope atleast have Yamamoto go down swinging even with losing his Bankai then just resigning himself in death.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That's how it seemed like to me. Souken wanted the "True Quincy" or "Final Quincy" if you will to basically work together with the Soul Reapers and ignore the bullshit with the Vandenreich entirely. Sure Mayuri got to him but it's better than going with Yhwach's fucked up principles.
Which unfortunately he never really gets.

Sure Ichigo and Uryu "team up" to fight the Hollows, but then the Urahara store crew basically do their job for them and Ichigo solos the Gillian class Menos.

I'm hoping for at least a PORTION of the Mustache fight to be an Ichigo/Uryu team up, before Mustache gets plot arrowed but maybe I'm expecting too much on that front.
Yeah, that's fucking real stupid despite his transformation legit made him stronger when Normal Bambietta nearly KILLED HIM in their confrontation. I'll get into Komomura's "Assassination" when we get to it but that will be a few months from now minimum and it's going to be a bit weird.
If I believed for a second that Kubo gave enough of a fuck about Komamura, to expand upon this particular plot point in order to make the transition even a LITTLE more believable for me, maybe I could hold on to hope for that much but I doubt it.
True but on the other hand, it actually makes Yhwach look intelligent rather than be retarded and fight Yamamoto head up...
I do get it and I kinda hope atleast have Yamamoto go down swinging even with losing his Bankai then just resigning himself in death.
Yeah I get the point of it but it still makes Yamamoto look like a bitch and he doesn't really get a real fight at any point in the series. Like you, I'm just hoping he goes down swinging as opposed to getting one-shotted.

Which unfortunately he never really gets.

Sure Ichigo and Uryu "team up" to fight the Hollows, but then the Urahara store crew basically do their job for them and Ichigo solos the Gillian class Menos.

I'm hoping for at least a PORTION of the Mustache fight to be an Ichigo/Uryu team up, before Mustache gets plot arrowed but maybe I'm expecting too much on that front.

Yeah, it's one of those fuck ups that primarily happened because Kubo didn't focus on that dynamic like he should have done so.
I'm also hoping that yeah, we do get a bit of Ichigo and Uryu vs. Yhwach at the end as well.

If I believed for a second that Kubo gave enough of a fuck about Komamura, to expand upon this particular plot point in order to make the transition even a LITTLE more believable for me, maybe I could hold on to hope for that much but I doubt it.

Like I'll be frank, I don't think the issue was that it assassinated Komomura's character... because the point of it is that him and Tousen are too similar in throwing away everything to ultimately avenge those they lost. The problem is that Komomura and Tousen has so little screentime, it's easy to miss that they are supposed to be a genuine mirror to each other.
So again, this is another problem on Kubo and like with Unohana, it's too late to really fix it.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, it's one of those fuck ups that primarily happened because Kubo didn't focus on that dynamic like he should have done so.
I'm also hoping that yeah, we do get a bit of Ichigo and Uryu vs. Yhwach at the end as well.
It seemed to me like Kubo just didn't like the idea of showing bow and arrow fights in general from:
> Uryu's fight with Renji being off-panel
> Uryu's fight with Mayuri being one of the shortest major fights in the series
> Uryu losing his powers after the 1st major arc of the series.
> Uryu being given a sword to use immediately after regaining his powers
> Most of the Nazis not using bows and arrows which are supposed to be the main weapons of the Quincy.

So of course he didn't focus on that dynamic, since he seemed to want to Uryu to fight as little as possible.
Like I'll be frank, I don't think the issue was that it assassinated Komomura's character... because the point of it is that him and Tousen are too similar in throwing away everything to ultimately avenge those they lost. The problem is that Komomura and Tousen has so little screentime, it's easy to miss that they are supposed to be a genuine mirror to each other.
So again, this is another problem on Kubo and like with Unohana, it's too late to really fix it.
But my problem is that I don't think they DO mirror each other, at least not based on what we actually see.

Nothing we saw from Tosen's character suggested to me, he'd be the type of guy who would go out of his way to stop a friend from going down a self-destructive path. Or be such a bro that he could endure said friend's betrayal and still be able to fight him with no ill-intent or hate of any kind. Despite the line of Sajin saying he'd do the same thing, it feels hollow because what we've been shown is two completely different people. Two different people aren't going to react to the same situation the same way.

The fact that Tosen then DIES in front of him and the most we get is a momentary burst of anger before Ichigo shows up and he calms right the fuck down once he realizes what he's doing, is why I don't buy the transition we see between 1st and 2nd invasions.

It seemed to me like Kubo just didn't like the idea of showing bow and arrow fights in general from:
> Uryu's fight with Renji being off-panel
> Uryu's fight with Mayuri being one of the shortest major fights in the series
> Uryu losing his powers after the 1st major arc of the series.
> Uryu being given a sword to use immediately after regaining his powers
> Most of the Nazis not using bows and arrows which are supposed to be the main weapons of the Quincy.

So of course he didn't focus on that dynamic, since he seemed to want to Uryu to fight as little as possible.

I can agree with that but it's not like even when Uryu had Schneele Schneider, he suddenly became a close range fighter without ever using his bow again, it's just funny that yeah, I think Kubo just had issues with using Uryu like a Bow and Arrow character because he didn't have the best idea of how to use him and the Vandenreich all fighting like that would get repetitive and boring.
Just weird that we don't see Uryu doing what we see Quilge is doing or what other Sternritter can do with their abilities though.

But my problem is that I don't think they DO mirror each other, at least not based on what we actually see.

Nothing we saw from Tosen's character suggested to me, he'd be the type of guy who would go out of his way to stop a friend from going down a self-destructive path. Or be such a bro that he could endure said friend's betrayal and still be able to fight him with no ill-intent or hate of any kind. Despite the line of Sajin saying he'd do the same thing, it feels hollow because what we've been shown is two completely different people. Two different people aren't going to react to the same situation the same way.

The fact that Tosen then DIES in front of him and the most we get is a momentary burst of anger before Ichigo shows up and he calms right the fuck down once he realizes what he's doing, is why I don't buy the transition we see between 1st and 2nd invasions.

That's why I said it's the lack of screentime between Komomura and Tousen not even together but more exploring their headspace is the issue. I actually CAN believe Komomura would go to such extremes because yeah, he outright admitted if it wasn't for Ichigo, he would have flown himself into a rage and died against Aizen... so when it came to Yamamoto's death, there would be no real time to really get Komomura to understand reason since he really did revere Yamamoto for allowing him to be in the Gotei 13 regardless of how he looked.

So in a sense, I agree with your point but at the same time, I also can't because... well it kinda comes off like I somehow see shit that others don't and I kinda see why Komomura doing this isn't really character assassination though it more sucks nothing further leads from that whatsoever.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
So can Quincy choose to eliminate Hollows from the soul cycle or not is it a matter of principle?

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I gurantee the people who are going to say the anime is filler when it comes to Amon, are going to be the same people who say the anime is not filler when it comes to Yawch feats in the future.

Mark this post as a prophet.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh yeah @Adamant soul The episode also made it hilariously official Ayon actually was hurting the hell out of Quilge back there too.
Wasn't people trying to downplay the fuck out of Ayon as well as Tres Bestia as a whole in FV?
More that they don't think the Espada got stronger and therefore Allon hurting Quilge means he and by extension FB Ichigo aren't that strong. OR that Allon is stronger than the Espada and was simply always that strong. :maybe

More that they don't think the Espada got stronger and therefore Allon hurting Quilge means he and by extension FB Ichigo aren't that strong. OR that Allon is stronger than the Espada and was simply always that strong. :maybe

Well that should shut them the hell up as we clearly see Quilge was spitting up blood back there and was getting utterly manhandled even in his strongest form if it wasn't for Sklaveri.
Also proves Harribel and Grimmjow got stronger, not sure about Nel but she probably did with whatever did with her.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I mean Kubo isn't wrong because that's actually there even in the Japanese version. You can potentially say it's a copout but to be fair, Kubo was sitting on alot of the ideas we see in the Final Arc even in the beginning of the manga.
So does this mean Ichibei's Ichimonji(?) has retroactive effects due to him "stealing the days and nights of Soul Society" or did he and Yhwach meet before? :hm

Back