Bleach Thread

Just finished Episode 6 and it's definitely the best episode in terms of substance.
While I wish they did something to give Yamamoto an actual last stand once he got his Bankai stolen, actually developing the history between Yhwach and Yamamoto through simply having them talk about the past and flashing between their younger selves is honestly a nice touch.

We also get a pretty decent fight scene with Yamamoto in Shikai and Yhwach before he goes Bankai and even a little more after that as well as showing the anguish Ryod!Yhwach is going through.
And then we get Uryu further getting the truth that the Quincy Extermination that happened 200 years ago wasn't the first, it was the 2nd and due to the Vandenreich book, gives an inflated tale of what happened and actually gives him some real doubts, further showing why he would join in the end.

10/10, It's honestly the best episode they did thus far.

EDIT: I forgot but they even including Aizen and Yhwach's talk and it heavily implies it would never work out between them(As they would basically gun for each other's throats) and the fact that Yhwach didn't kill him because it would take too long to do so or to actually restrain him in the end, which I believe he's more meaning Yamamoto would kill too many of his troops if he leaves him alone too long.

Last edited:
Honestly, I've been reading alone and I think I can agree with this take:

We actually SEE Yamamoto be prideful as fuck and arrogant as hell when he fights Ryod!Yhwach, literally dismissing the Quincy entirely that he killed while putting the Shinigami well above them, consistently going with the wrong fact that Yhwach and the others could only steal Bankai if they have enough info on it and going gung ho and basically salivating on Ryod!Yhwach's suffering.

This also makes sense why he just takes the hit and dies... he realized he fucked up and fell into pride and arrogance. He lost his Bankai and ultimately spat upon the sacrifice Sasakibe did while giving the Rebel Army their greatest weapon yet... he most likely lost the will to even live after that which is why he just accepted his fate rather than fight pointlessly to the end.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
C7pinwU.png

Cursed Uryu face.

Also, smh i don't like the plot twist with ep 68 ruins the entire arc smh :wow

Bount next ep.

Yes!!!! Also an added bonus is this gets rid of anybody saying the SAFWY is canon as in there were some seals that were undone on Aizen in that novel. Ws all around boys

>SAFWY isn't canon because Aizen's seals wasn't removed
>SAFWY actually had Ashaziro remove Aizen's seals that was located on his FACE
>Aizen very clearly is able to see and talk to Yhwach
>Central 46 explicitly binded Aizen's face as well and even mentioning to bind his mouth shut
AATbylAAD4b5.jpg

Fanverse Bleach fans really are retarded, aren't they?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Considering this was one of the TWO moments in this arc that I was genuinely looking forward to seeing animated, it did well on that front.

Although even I have to say removing the flashback explaining Royd and Loyd's ability and the difference between them, was pretty damn stupid as this will perpetuate the myth Royd also copies powerlevels which he explicitly doesn't. It was also a much better way of revealing the twist that he wasn't the real Mustache than just having the real one turn up.

I did like that they showed Royd was powerful enough to disperse Yama's shikai flames, thus showing that he actually NEEDED to use his Bankai, unlike in the manga where that wasn't really clear. Royd got some huge gains in this episode (still don't think he beats any of the elite but him vs Gremmy). :maybe

I also get that they wanted to give Aizen screen time, but you'd think they'd use that scene to give us some kind of hint that Aizen used Kyouka Suigetsu there, considering this IS supposed to be when Mustache falls under it.

And yeah, I still think Yamamoto should have fought a bit harder after having his Bankai stolen but fuck it.
Yamamoto vs Royd is elevated to at least A decent fight now thanks to the new additions.

Considering this was one of the TWO moments in this arc that I was genuinely looking forward to seeing animated, it did well on that front.

Although even I have to say removing the flashback explaining Royd and Loyd's ability and the difference between them, was pretty damn stupid as this will perpetuate the myth Royd also copies powerlevels which he explicitly doesn't. It was also a much better way of revealing the twist that he wasn't the real Mustache than just having the real one turn up.

I did like that they showed Royd was powerful enough to disperse Yama's shikai flames, thus showing that he actually NEEDED to use his Bankai, unlike in the manga where that wasn't really clear. Royd got some huge gains in this episode (still don't think he beats any of the elite but him vs Gremmy). :maybe

I also get that they wanted to give Aizen screen time, but you'd think they'd use that scene to give us some kind of hint that Aizen used Kyouka Suigetsu there, considering this IS supposed to be when Mustache falls under it.

And yeah, I still think Yamamoto should have fought a bit harder after having his Bankai stolen but fuck it.
Yamamoto vs Royd is elevated to at least A decent fight now thanks to the new additions.

You gave your honest thoughts on it and that's more than enough lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Ral
Fucking imagine years ago, you make a few episodes of animating certain chapters of Bleach's TYBW:

And actually getting called on by the Anime Team to actually animate a scene entirely for them... and it ends up being the best scene in the entire episode.

Bro, I would be over the moon with this shit, congrats RetroRyno.

@Adamant soul I decided to re-watch the episode and Yhwach does clarify in a sense that "Only he is capable of handling Yamamoto's Bankai" so it kinda throws out that Ryod!Yhwach could handle it and thus isn't actually at Yhwach's level.

Also, there's an actual "Blink and You'll miss it" as in the flashback, Sasakibe is actually standing behind Yhwach as he's getting ready to fire a Javelin, which implies not only did he fight in the Quincy War, he may have also fought Yhwach with Yamamoto to a degree.
And finally, I do like further how you actually do see that Yamamoto does try and be defiant but after a bit, just gives up as he realizes his arrogance and pride truly fucked him over to an irreparable degree and he was actually tired as hell using his Bankai and it severely weakened him at that.

He most likely realized he was at his limit no matter what he could have done.

1668596637774583.jpg

I actually saw this yesterday but it was a small picture but I'm actually fucking surprised Kubo actually created the rest of the characters that made up the 13 Divisions.
I'm surprised that there seems to be more girls than I thought in there.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! A Banger after another Banger 10/10!

Like motherfucker, they added in new fight scenes and new scenes at that.
We get a picture of the Old Vanguard of the 13 Divisions because we actually SEE the War between them and the LichtRecht(or something) a 1000 years ago and it's pretty fucking awesome to see them actually be horrifically vicious as Yhwach proclaimed them.
And yep, last episode heavily implied it but Sasakibe actually WAS part of the battle and helped defeat Yhwach! This is the type of characterization Sasakibe fucking needed.

Yamamoto's death was still very impactful regardless and the anime did it justice while Yhwach shows disgust at how "weak" Yamamoto became.

The sheer despair at Yamamoto's death and the Soldat ransacking to Ichigo's PURE FUCKING RAGE was also KINO as shit and we get a full on genuine fight sequence with Ichigo and Yhwach and... we see that Ichigo actually had his Bankai actually chipped apart due to him going completely overboard, meaning he wasn't just fighting at the typical half-reiatsu manner, he was literally falling apart!
Not to mention, we actually see more of what Yhwach can do which is also great.
Like goddamn, I cannot gush about how well this episode was done in every aspect. The ONLY negative I can give it is still having Yamamoto's corpse try and stop Yhwach when the anime went with him giving up entirely. Maybe it's more he knew he was going to die but didn't want Yhwach to destroy the Soul Society but that's just me and it's barely anything otherwise in the grand scheme of the episode.

Back