Bleach Thread

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
where do people typically scale bleach on here

lilo-and-stitch-disney.gif

Covers most of the big feats.
There's an argument for planet level Soul King but even that is iffy as fuck.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Best Episode so far, especially with regards to dispelling popular myths.

Like confirmation that As Nodt had simply been lax in his of Blut Vene when Senbonsakura cut his hand, as it is immediately followed by him tanking a full body attack from it and then taking a concentrated burst on his head, even his eyes were unaffected as was shown in trailers.

The other being Komamura straight up tanking the explosions of two of Base Bambietta's arrows, dispelling the myth that they ignore durability. :maybe

People complaining about the fast pacing of the invasion when this is ALL supposed to happen really fast in-universe. Even the episode itself notes the "1000 dead in seven minutes" line. The Soul Reapers are getting literally blitzkrieged by the Nazis and the anime is getting that feeling across pretty nicely IMO.

Last edited:
People complaining about the fast pacing of the invasion when this is ALL supposed to happen really fast in-universe. Even the episode itself notes the "1000 dead in seven minutes" line. The Soul Reapers are getting literally blitzkrieged by the Nazis and the anime is getting that feeling across pretty nicely IMO.

Honestly, the first Invasion Arc doesn't need any major changes outside of showing how Uryu ended up in the Vandenreich so I stopped caring about that(It's the 2nd Invasion and onwards that needs the most amount of care to fix the issues of the Manga.

And yes, this is legit my favorite episodes and alot of things got clarified:
- Ichigo is already ludicrous even BEFORE he gets his True Shikai and Bankai like I gathered from how absurd Quilge was bitching about how he could do nothing against him and this episode makes it extremely apparent he can't do SHIT.
- Byakuya actually gives a damn good reason why they had to use their Bankai against the Sternritter because NOTHING ELSE CAN FEASIBLY DO ANYTHING AGAINST THEM. I also like how brutal they get because it's now officially a war(Byakuya goes for a dead on headshot while Renji stops As Nodt from doing anything).
- And it shows just how unrelentingly brutal the Sternritter are. It's gonna suck that they won't get fleshed out that much but it's honestly something to see them so loyal to Yhwach that they will just brutally murder every Soul Reaper in horrific fashion just because.

Okay, I'm watching the dub and I honestly gotta say, the voice work is hit and miss between the various characters.
For the newbie VA, He's very, very much channeling Price's Chad hardcore to the point that there isn't much of a difference outside of a slightly higher pitch. I'm still not a fan of Price leaving and handing the role over in terms of "representation" because that's a load of shit and just leave the role instead like everyone else.

Richard Epcar voices Yhwach and hilariously, he speaks like Old Man Joseph and STILL sounds better than his Japanese version(who sounds way too old for Yhwach and it's a complaint I have seen plenty of people raise about him) but to be fair, Zangetsu without the filter would sound like Old Man Joseph as well(See when Jotaro believes he sees his soul leave his body and give him one last pep talk against DIO).

The biggest miss I have had with the dub is surprisingly Ebern who at first I wondered why the hell he sounds so off at first... only to then get when he was fighting Ichigo... he was trying a German Accent the entire time...
I mean, I get it but come on, leave that to Quilge Opie(Especially since Luders doesn't have that accent at all)

Ikkaku's new VA sounds way too rough which while it fights Ikakku's bodytype I cannot say it's a good replacement for Vic's Ikkaku. Sadly due to the bullshit that happened, he was never going to get that role back along with the others he's done so that sucks.

Otherwise, everyone else hits pretty well outside of the sheer long ass time they have done the roles(Ichigo hilariously sounds more mature due to the long ass time JYB hasn't done the role but he can easily go back to those times, Orihime, Yamamoto, Uryu and Mayuri barely sound any different, if at all and I had no other issues with anyone else's voice).

Coming from Episode 5... it's good.
I can see the Bleach FV side be like "They keep blazing through the first Invasion, expand the shit" before I get through the first page now...

But it's honestly fine for what it is, we actually do get to see all of As Nodt's bullshit uncensored as well as Byakuya actually panicking and losing control(We don't see how eviscerated he actually was by Senbonzakura as it never really focused on him like that unlike the Manga) and atleast they removed the "Byakuya Kuchiki is dead" line as we know that was bullshit...

Meninas was the one to take out Rukia... I'm actually surprised, I thought it was Giselle but in hindsight, it makes sense why Rukia would be in critical condition from someone like Meninas without becoming a zombie like Giselle would have done.
We finally get Chojirou's flashback and they actually expanded it a little(Primarily how Chojirou gave Yamamoto his scar) and it was actually pretty good, didn't waste time and shows why Yamamoto is just so done with the Rebel Army.
We also get some expansion of the 3 Sternritter Kenpachi killed in more of HOW he killed them but that's it.

Oh yeah, we actually DO get to see Ichigo literally lose his shit as all of his comrades are dying while all he can do is hear it all happen(including potentially hearing that Rukia, Renji and Byakuya are dead) and show he's beginning to gain his Quincy powers due to the Jail interacting with him.

So ultimately, not a bad episode at all but I can see people wanting MORE expansions when again, it's the 2nd Invasion that honestly needs it more.

Apparently, a keen eye saw that during As Nodt's talk of Byakuya lacking fear due to his power, they actually showed Koga Kuchiki from the Zanpaktou Rebellion Arc...

A first time they showed Filler at all during the TYBW Arc... which is weird as Muramasa was canonized as being the Kuchiki Family Zanpaktou...

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
If you're gonna show filler while listing Byakuya's big fights, Byakuya vs Kariya should have been there as well now come on. :maybe

Also might just be me, but Sasakibe's bankai just looked TERRIBLE to me, didn't like the effect on that at all. It only looked decent when it was on his sword but still, massively underwhelming for a Bankai.

I also think they should have just shown Grimmjow, since it doesn't take a genius to work out who that was and this would be their only opportunity to show him in this chunk of episodes.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Watched Episode 2 Dubbed, still good overall.

So they're ALL going to pronounce it WA - DEN - REICH rather than VA - DEN - REICH are they? At least both Luders and Mayuri so far have said it that way and I don't like it, but it is a nitpick so I'll let it slide.

Kisuke sounds...off to me. I know it's a different voice actor but it sounds to me like he's trying too hard to sound like the original dub VA. I don't know, that could just be me.

I still don't like that Nel pronounces Ichigo's name right in the dub. Her getting it wrong emphasized her child-like nature and how much her brain was affected by the regression after Nnoitra's attack, it was part of her character. Granted that's more on the original anime's dub, I can't exactly fault this one for sticking to that decision.

Now considering that Quilge was elevated largely off the quality of the Jap VA's performance, Xander Mobius had a lot to live up to. It is my duty to inform you all that...he did just fine, good job Xander. :maybe

Last edited:
Now considering that Quilge was elevated largely off the quality of the Jap VA's performance, Xander Mobius had a lot to live up to. It is my duty to inform you all that...he did just fine, good job Xander. :maybe

Honestly, Xander is a pretty good up and coming VA so I can definitely see him doing a good job in the end no matter what.

And the Nel stuff is definitely funny because no matter the dub, Nel either is too weird of a child acting like an adult or she's WAY too child sounding in her adult form...
I wouldn't be surprised if her Japanese VA actually got better but I usually don't pay attention to her VA in Bleach Brave Souls so...

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
So I'm on episode 67 of the Bleach anime.

Orihime ya dumb bitch. :wow You know that the only way to exit and enter Soul Society is through the Senkaimon which can only be accessed by Soul Reapers. Since your brother has a lack of Shihakusho and Zanpakuto you would think something was up right?

Also, I knew Chad was sus and the imposter, the episode nearly tricked me into thinking it was Uryu but I stuck to my gut and I was right.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Orihime ya dumb bitch. :wow You know that the only way to exit and enter Soul Society is through the Senkaimon which can only be accessed by Soul Reapers. Since your brother has a lack of Shihakusho and Zanpakuto you would think something was up right?
I think this can be excused because she was already thinking about how much she missed her brother (because she saw Rukia get saved by her brother) and so she's not really going to think all that through clearly when her brother seemingly walks through the door.

Never mind that I'm not sure she has all these mechanics down yet since she's only recently been introduced to them.
Also, I knew Chad was sus and the imposter, the episode nearly tricked me into thinking it was Uryu but I stuck to my gut and I was right.
Yeah I get the point of those episodes (and they work well for what they're supposed to do) but like much of that arc, they drag out longer than they should have.

The Bount arc is still good shit despite this and it's the weakest of the filler arcs IMO. :maybe

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I think this can be excused because she was already thinking about how much she missed her brother (because she saw Rukia get saved by her brother) and so she's not really going to think all that through clearly when her brother seemingly walks through the door.

Never mind that I'm not sure she has all these mechanics down yet since she's only recently been introduced to them.
Yeah, but Urahara explained that the only way to enter SS and leave is through the senkaimon. Plus the entire interaction just feels like plot convenience.

Yeah I get the point of those episodes (and they work well for what they're supposed to do) but like much of that arc, they drag out longer than they should have.
Agreed, they have their good points like showing Ichigo has a brain, and the puzzles are interesting. But seeing the characters running around without progressing for 3 episodes is getting boring.

The Bount arc is still good shit despite this and it's the weakest of the filler arcs IMO. :maybe
Hm? I thought this was the Mod Soul arc seeing as how Lirin and the others are Mod Souls? Then again the ending has Jin Kariya in it soooooo.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, but Urahara explained that the only way to enter SS and leave is through the senkaimon. Plus the entire interaction just feels like plot convenience.
He did but again, she was missing Sora that badly in that moment that it'd be unlikely that this would occur to her, at least not in time to actually do anything about it.

It works well enough for me.
Agreed, they have their good points like showing Ichigo has a brain, and the puzzles are interesting. But seeing the characters running around without progressing for 3 episodes is getting boring.
Yep even as a fan of the Bount arc, I admit there's a reason it lasts 46 episodes and it's certainly not because it needed to, it does drag in places and this intro sequence with the Mod Souls is one of them.

I would stress though that once the Bounts themselves appear, it does start getting really good IMO with several of this arc's characters being borderline or outright top 10 worthy characters.

Hell this arc has Orihime's best scene and one of Chad's best scenes, it's funny how they only get a chance to shine in filler arcs. :maybe
Hm? I thought this was the Mod Soul arc seeing as how Lirin and the others are Mod Souls? Then again the ending has Jin Kariya in it soooooo.
No it's the Bount Arc, trust me on that one.

Watching the Episode while I type this, this episode definitely has Epcar actually make Yhwach sound less like Old Man Joseph and more actually sounding more like his own character... but still has bits of Old Man Joseph in there.
Again it's honestly fine and I heavily prefer it over the Japanese VA who as I said plenty of times makes him sound WAY too old for how he looks(He looks to be in his mid to late 40's, not 70-80 years old).

Okay, finally finished watching the English Dub of Episode 2, the actors have all definitely settled back in(which is definitely something considering it's been over a decade for most of them) which primarily fixes the main issues of Episode 1.

Haschwalth sounds haggered which I think actually works better for him considering his backstory and later character depth.
Quilge Opie more obviously stole the show with a phenomenal direction and casting and I would say he's honestly better than his Japanese Counterpart who now feels too hammy by comparison.
The Dub actually does make it clear during Quilge's rant before the Tres Bestia appeared that the Quincy Underlings actually DID rough up Menoly and Loly if you turn the volume up(I think you could barely hear it in Japanese but I may have to replay that episode).
Harribel's English VA did an okay job for ultimately at the moment a simple sentence.

Otherwise it was definitely a better showing and I'm looking forward to the Dub of alot of the other Sternritter.

Back